2018 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

Whichever way you analyze it, this trade doesn’t reflect well on Mets management. You have Harvey starting to do well, not bothering to sign Justin Turner and letting Murphy go. On top of this, you have them signing another old player when everyone else in the division is bringing up exciting young players, as well as the team cross town.

This management just looks bad.

A little advice for the O's: Use Bundy on 4 days rest, NOT 5 days. Bundy is 3-1 with an ERA in the 1.9 area when on 4 days rest; he is 0-5 with an ERA near 7 on 5 days rest. Duh! Do whatever it takes to start him with 4 days rest as too much rest obviously does not do him well. He went 9 innings with 14 K's in today's 9-3 win over the White Sox.:wink2: -- Al

The Giants have moved into third place in the West and could be in second shortly. While 5-5 in their last 10 games does not seem like much they have been helped by Arizona's dismal 1-9 in their last 10.

The Giants have moved into third place in the West and could be in second shortly. While 5-5 in their last 10 games does not seem like much they have been helped by Arizona's dismal 1-9 in their last 10.
Arizona has gone 1-12 since the Nats went into Arizona, swept 4 games from them and handed them their first series loss of the season. Now, if the Nats could only figure a way to beat LA... -- Al

So, is the lesson here avoid the Nats?
Only in Arizona. Their bullpen and home field record make them a welcome opponent for many teams. Visit DC and beat up on the Nats.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Noticed Bartolo Colon just turned 45. He is in a position to become the all-time winningest Hispanic pitcher in MLB history. Colon is in his 21st season, and has a career record of 242-178 with a 4.04 ERA. He currently trails 2 men, Dennis Martinez who accumulated a 245-193 record with a 3.70 ERA over 23 years, and HoFer Juan Marichal, who went 243-142 with a 2.89 ERA over 16 seasons. So, 4 more wins gives Colon the mantle, and given the pitching problems in Texas, Colon should have plenty of chances to win the 4 games needed. He is in heady company with his fellow Dominican Juan Marichal. Marichal won 20 or more games 6 times, had 244 complete games and 52 shutouts, as well as being the leading winner in MLB during the 1960's, a decade that included such legends as Koufax and Gibson. Although Martinez never won 20 games, he managed to complete 122 games, throw 30 shutouts, and pitch 4000 innings, not too shabby. Colon has won 20 or more twice, has 13 shutouts and pitched 3372 innings to date, impressive totals. Colon won't make the HoF, and Martinez certainly isn't, but Colon has the chance to make his mark alongside of Martinez and Marichal, even though Martinez and Colon aren't the pitchers Marichal was. Colon's career marks are nothing to sneeze at. Happy Birthday, Bartolo. -- Al

Only in Arizona. Their bullpen and home field record make them a welcome opponent for many teams. Visit DC and beat up on the Nats.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Kind of like the Mets. They have a losing record at home but a winning record on the road. Against one of the poorer pitching staffs, the Marlins, they were able to only score four runs but they go into Milwaukee, one of the better staffs, last night and score five. Go figure.

Kind of like the Mets. They have a losing record at home but a winning record on the road. Against one of the poorer pitching staffs, the Marlins, they were able to only score four runs but they go into Milwaukee, one of the better staffs, last night and score five. Go figure.
The NL East has not gone the way it was predicted to go. Nats were supposed to run away and hide, but the Mets, Phillies, and Braves have all been playing far better than pre-season predictions, and with 30% of the season done, it doesn't look like anyone is going to fold up their tent and go away. Going to be a far more interesting summer in the NL East than I was prepared for, but it will be fun. -- Al

The NL East has not gone the way it was predicted to go. Nats were supposed to run away and hide, but the Mets, Phillies, and Braves have all been playing far better than pre-season predictions, and with 30% of the season done, it doesn't look like anyone is going to fold up their tent and go away. Going to be a far more interesting summer in the NL East than I was prepared for, but it will be fun. -- Al
For instance, as the sun rises on this beautiful Saturday, the NL East has 4 teams within 3 games of the lead, the best/closest division race in MLB. -- Al

The dark clouds over Baltimore have lightened just a wee bit. After opening the season with a horrendous 8-27 run, the O's have gone 9-7 recently, actually exhibiting some good starting pitching in several games. On the other hand, the Machado rumors are flying everywhere. -- Al

Nats just got done with a 3 game sweep in Miami, or as George calls it, that hotbed of baseball fanaticism. They drew about 31,000 for all 3 games, combined. That stadium was a giant echo chamber.:rolleyes2: -- Al

The dark clouds over Baltimore have lightened just a wee bit. After opening the season with a horrendous 8-27 run, the O's have gone 9-7 recently, actually exhibiting some good starting pitching in several games. On the other hand, the Machado rumors are flying everywhere. -- Al
I post this nice uplifting message and the O's promptly lost the last 2 games of the series, scoring only 6 total runs total in the 1-2 series split.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I post this nice uplifting message and the O's promptly lost the last 2 games of the series, scoring only 6 total runs total in the 1-2 series split.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Al:

I know the feeling, the ink was hardly dry on my post about the Giants going 5-5 in their last ten before they lost 2 of 3 to the Cubs this weekend.

-Jason

And the O's reach the 1/3 mark of the season with a 17-37 record, 20 games out of 1st, and, even worse, 8 games out of 4th place. On pace to lose 111 games. Nothing is clicking. I expect the breakup to start at any time as it has been said by the O's front office on several occasions that the O's position on Memorial Day would be the deciding point on whether to make a run or start a rebuild. This is a no-brainer. -- Al

Nats have managed to scratch their way into 2nd place by going 19-6 over the last month. They have a 4 game series with 1st place Atlanta coming later this week. -- Al

And the O's reach the 1/3 mark of the season with a 17-37 record, 20 games out of 1st, and, even worse, 8 games out of 4th place. On pace to lose 111 games. Nothing is clicking. I expect the breakup to start at any time as it has been said by the O's front office on several occasions that the O's position on Memorial Day would be the deciding point on whether to make a run or start a rebuild. This is a no-brainer. -- Al

Al, it wouldn't surprise me if the O's do nothing, they will just drag this same team along for the next 4 months, they need to have a fire sale, blue light special, buy 1 get 1 free sale all rolled into one at this point.

Al, it wouldn't surprise me if the O's do nothing, they will just drag this same team along for the next 4 months, they need to have a fire sale, blue light special, buy 1 get 1 free sale all rolled into one at this point.
Sammy, I sure hope they don't sit on their hands. They have nothing to lose by blowing it up and rebuilding. I mean, what's the difference between last place by 30 games and last place by 10 games? At least the fans might get a view of new blood and at least see the O's are serious about a commitment to winning down the road. Doing nothing would be a huge error. -- Al

I am curious what some of you might think about Rizzo's slide into the Pirates' catcher last night?

I am curious what some of you might think about Rizzo's slide into the Pirates' catcher last night?

It was as dirty as they get, a **** thing to do.

He was out by 10 feet, the catcher stepped forward after tagging the plate to complete the double play and Rizzo took him out.

The plate was wide open, he slid deliberately into the catcher.

Typical chicken **** move from a player on a team coached by Maddon.............................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back