2018 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

Nah, stick with the horse you rode in on; when they win a WS title, it's much more rewarding that you stuck with them.

What fun is it being a fan of Microsoft?

It must be frustrating as a Mets fan to see their rotation in shambles; to further what you and Al have said, a short three years ago the Mets were in the WS and had a dynamite top of the rotation, three young arms with their futures ahead of them, now one of them is gone and the other two are having injury problems.

In the meantime, in the Bronx, you have a 38 year old Sherman Klump pitching well and Tanaka as well despite the fact his arm could fall off at any moment, then throw in Severino and Gray, who's rotation would you rather have at this point, it's crazy.

Hang in there Brad.

Good points, Brad. Bullpens are really strange. What is lights out one year can be useless the next. Last year, when the Nats dealt to fix their pen, they obtained Kintzler, Madson, and Doolittle. They worked the 7th, 8th, and 9th and were very effective, This year, only Doolittle (the closer) has been anywhere near as effective. Kintzler has been hit or miss, Madson hit or miss until he got injured. As a result the pen has been catch as catch can all year. The Nats have struggled with their bullpen for the last few seasons, it's just an ongoing experiment. Teams with a set, effective bullpen, are fortunate but it's hard to achieve. -- Al

Al, it seems like it's an always hit and miss proposition. Moreover, you sometimes have to tinker on the fly. At the beginning of last year's WS, the Dodgers pen looked tough and the Astros' looked weak but the Astros figured out things on the fly and the Dodgers didn't and that's why they're World Champions.

It must be frustrating as a Mets fan to see their rotation in shambles; to further what you and Al have said, a short three years ago the Mets were in the WS and had a dynamite top of the rotation, three young arms with their futures ahead of them, now one of them is gone and the other two are having injury problems.

In the meantime, in the Bronx, you have a 38 year old Sherman Klump pitching well and Tanaka as well despite the fact his arm could fall off at any moment, then throw in Severino and Gray, who's rotation would you rather have at this point, it's crazy.

Hang in there Brad.

You should have heard Benigno this morning. Very funny. He then said that he would have thought he learned his lesson but three years later he became a Jets fan! {eek3}

You should have heard Benigno this morning. Very funny. He then said that he would have thought he learned his lesson but three years later he became a Jets fan! {eek3}

I love that guy, his rants are legendary.

I'd rather stick with my team and not be a bandwagon fan.

Been a Patriots fan since 1968, saw some terrible teams in the late 60's, early 70's, then they had a nice run for about 5 years, stunk again, had another nice 5 year run, stunk for almost 10 years, had another small run, stunk for a couple of years, they hired Belichick and the rest is history.

I could have bailed during any of their 2-14 or 1-15 seasons, but I am glad I did not.

I think someone called in, suggesting he do that, because when I turned on the radio in the car he was saying he couldn't switch teams. He said it's not like divorcing your wife (which he did). Through thick and thin, we're stuck with the team we chose. No divorce posdible.

funny pic...
Judge is big....
Altuve is tiny...

Attachments

• Judge_Altuve_8a8iut4l_0z5s43r4.jpg
    Judge_Altuve_8a8iut4l_0z5s43r4.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 23
A true fan just cannot bail on his team. You follow a team, it gets in your blood, it's part of who you are, no matter how tough things get for them, or for how long. All teams suffer at some point and the true fan lives through it, deals with it, and believes times will get better. Which brings me to the Orioles, a team I have followed since 1966, when they won the WS over the Dodgers. The O's are currently in one of those tough periods. On September 5, 2017, the O's were 71-68 and still in the WC race. Then something broke and the O Train derailed and went off the cliff. Since that date, the O's have gone 21-57 (78 games, no small sample, and certainly no slump). I don't know what happened. The pitching has been bad, (as it has been for several seasons) but the real collapse has been in the formerly formidable offense. In their last 78 games, the offense has scored only 3.4 runs per game. The offense is basically the same guys that used to be a feared Hr hitting team, but no more...but I am still looking for that ray of hope, sucker that I am. -- Al

funny pic...
Judge is big....
Altuve is tiny...

I'm not whining about it...^&grin
and I have nothing against big guys...
or little guys...
just found the photo amusing...

my nephew just graduated this year...
but pitched for the Vermont Middlebury Panthers...

he's the same size as Judge...

6'7"s tall and 270 lbs.

Attachments

• vt_031718_sports_mc_baseball_preview.jpg
    vt_031718_sports_mc_baseball_preview.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 27
I'm not whining about it...^&grin
and I have nothing against big guys...
or little guys...
just found the photo amusing...

my nephew just graduated this year...
but pitched for the Vermont Middlebury Panthers...

he's the same size as Judge...

6'7"s tall and 270 lbs.

What's his name Mike so that when he's pitching in the show I can tell people that's the nephew of a friend of mine.............when you say graduate, I assume you mean college? If high school, he's still growing at 6'7"............{eek3}......................

That’s Middlebury College. My niece just graduated from there, too, on Monday.

What's his name Mike so that when he's pitching in the show I can tell people that's the nephew of a friend of mine.............when you say graduate, I assume you mean college? If high school, he's still growing at 6'7"............{eek3}......................

George...
his name is Robert Erickson...and yes...college...he's a good boy...
him and his brother (Jon...who is bigger... a gym rat weight lifter) are both good boys...
really smart boys...
both 6'7"...
they make me feel tiny...when I go out with them....
but I can talk "sheet" like a fool...
cause they are so big...^&grin

That’s Middlebury College. My niece just graduated from there, too, on Monday.

Brad...
that's cool...the same graduating class...small world huh?
they must know each other...
Robert loved it there...except for the freaky cold weather...
they are from Dallas...too cold for him...
he got some academic scholarships...I think Georgetown and Stanford...
but they told him he wasn't good enough to be a starting pitcher on their big league teams...
so he didn't want to go there...
brother in law and sister had to open their wallets up...^&grin
so their son could go to a school where he was good enough to pitch...
kids = $$$$

I heard it's a really good school...
specializing in liberal arts...

George...
his name is Robert Erickson...and yes...college...he's a good boy...
him and his brother (Jon...who is bigger... a gym rat weight lifter) are both good boys...
really smart boys...
both 6'7"...
they make me feel tiny...when I go out with them....
but I can talk "sheet" like a fool...
cause they are so big...^&grin

Brad...
that's cool...the same graduating class...small world huh?
they must know each other...
Robert loved it there...except for the freaky cold weather...
they are from Dallas...too cold for him...
he got some academic scholarships...I think Georgetown and Stanford...
but they told him he wasn't good enough to be a starting pitcher on their big league teams...
so he didn't want to go there...
brother in law and sister had to open their wallets up...^&grin
so their son could go to a school where he was good enough to pitch...
kids = $$$$

I heard it's a really good school...
specializing in liberal arts...

Did he get drafted?

kids=$$$$$

Yeah, I'll stick with cats...............:wink2:

Did he get drafted?

kids=$$$$$

Yeah, I'll stick with cats...............:wink2:

nah...he didn't get drafted...
my sister told me he's really bummed cause baseball in his life is over...
I mean...really...he used to sleep with his glove on his hand as a little kid...
probably dreamed about it...
really passionate about baseball...
now that he graduated...
no more baseball...
they are looking into finding an adult baseball league in Dallas...
but all they can find is softball...
not his thing...
not much fun for a pitcher...

yea...
cats are cheaper...

heck...
anything except toy soldiers are cheaper...

I love that guy, his rants are legendary.

I'd rather stick with my team and not be a bandwagon fan.

Been a Patriots fan since 1968, saw some terrible teams in the late 60's, early 70's, then they had a nice run for about 5 years, stunk again, had another nice 5 year run, stunk for almost 10 years, had another small run, stunk for a couple of years, they hired Belichick and the rest is history.

I could have bailed during any of their 2-14 or 1-15 seasons, but I am glad I did not.

My biggest complaint about Bay Area sports fans is that they are really only into it when their teams are winning. When the Giants were on their WS runs everywhere you looked you saw SF gear. People knew the stats for the third string catcher etc. Now? That same guy who bought a jersey back in 2014 can't name a single Giant outside of Buster Posey.

My biggest complaint about Bay Area sports fans is that they are really only into it when their teams are winning. When the Giants were on their WS runs everywhere you looked you saw SF gear. People knew the stats for the third string catcher etc. Now? That same guy who bought a jersey back in 2014 can't name a single Giant outside of Buster Posey.

Jason, that probably describes most fans. The only fans that I can think of that support their team even during the worst of times are the St. Louis fans. They love the Cards. Besides them I suppose you could name Red Sox and Cubs fans but I think that’s it.

Nats just swept the O's, as Mad Max allowed 0 runs over 8 while fanning 12. O's scored 2 total runs in the 3 games, being shutout twice. With the Mets defeating Atlanta tonight, the Nats will go into Atlanta tomorrow in First Place. Yea! Only took them 54 games. Now to see how long they can hold on to it because the Braves are for real and the 4 game series will be tough. -- Al

Jason, that probably describes most fans. The only fans that I can think of that support their team even during the worst of times are the St. Louis fans. They love the Cards. Besides them I suppose you could name Red Sox and Cubs fans but I think that’s it.

Brad:

Good points. I guess as a die-hard SF fan it is a bit frustrating.

In a few years all of those Warriors jerseys will be gone. I can only hope that they are replaced by Niner or Giants' gear!

-Jason

Nats just swept the O's, as Mad Max allowed 0 runs over 8 while fanning 12. O's scored 2 total runs in the 3 games, being shutout twice. With the Mets defeating Atlanta tonight, the Nats will go into Atlanta tomorrow in First Place. Yea! Only took them 54 games. Now to see how long they can hold on to it because the Braves are for real and the 4 game series will be tough. -- Al
How long? Less than a day.:rolleyes2: Lost 4-2 tonight. Oh well. It is evident the Tanner Roark is this year's bad luck pitcher for the Nats. Every year, on every team it seems, someone just doesn't get the same run support or breaks that the other starting pitchers get and this year it's Roark's turn. He is 2-5 after 11 starts, with 8 QS and an ERA of 3.38. The Nats have scored 2 or fewer runs in 5 of his starts and are only averaging 3.2 runs per start for him. The other SP's are a combined 23-7 on the year. Bad luck, bad timimg, whatever, it's always someone. -- Al

How long? Less than a day.:rolleyes2: Lost 4-2 tonight. Oh well. It is evident the Tanner Roark is this year's bad luck pitcher for the Nats. Every year, on every team it seems, someone just doesn't get the same run support or breaks that the other starting pitchers get and this year it's Roark's turn. He is 2-5 after 11 starts, with 8 QS and an ERA of 3.38. The Nats have scored 2 or fewer runs in 5 of his starts and are only averaging 3.2 runs per start for him. The other SP's are a combined 23-7 on the year. Bad luck, bad timimg, whatever, it's always someone. -- Al

Al:

Not that it compares directly but before Cueto went on the DL he was 3-0 with a .84 ERA in 5 starts. In the 2 no decisions he gave up a total of 3 hits and he left both games when it was 0-0 in the 8th inning. Had he remained active/healthy I have no doubt that his numbers would be comparable to Roark's.

-Jason

Al:

Not that it compares directly but before Cueto went on the DL he was 3-0 with a .84 ERA in 5 starts. In the 2 no decisions he gave up a total of 3 hits and he left both games when it was 0-0 in the 8th inning. Had he remained active/healthy I have no doubt that his numbers would be comparable to Roark's.

-Jason
It's just so odd, such a baseball thing, that someone on a given staff is the one that doesn't get run support. No rhyme or reason, it just is. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back