2018 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

Nats #5 starter AJ Cole just gave up more runs (4) in his first 1/3 inning than the other 4 Nats starters had given up in their 4 starts combined (3). I guess they can't all be aces. :rolleyes2: -- Al

Last edited:
Nats #5 starter AJ Cole just gave up more runs (4) in his first 1/3 inning than the other 4 Nats starters had given up in their 4 starts (3). I guess they can't all be aces. :rolleyes2: -- Al

I know the feeling, in an different way.

Ty Blach of the Giants beat the Dodgers on opening day as he did not allow a single run.

I guess that was then and this is now:

Today he gave up 6 runs in 4 innings to the Mariners.

I know the feeling, in an different way.

Ty Blach of the Giants beat the Dodgers on opening day as he did not allow a single run.

I guess that was then and this is now:

Today he gave up 6 runs in 4 innings to the Mariners.
At least he throttled the hated Dodgers when he needed to. -- Al

Brad, the Dark Knight looked good last night. I still really like the Mets SP rotation. -- Al

Thanks Al. The pitching has generally been good so far although Matz was ineffective on Sunday. Interestingly, they are scoring runs without many HRs. I think Frazier has made an impact there although maybe last year was just a terrible year that they’re trying to put behind them. They have a test coming up tomorrow and this weekend against the Nats so we’ll see how that shakes out.

Thanks Al. The pitching has generally been good so far although Matz was ineffective on Sunday. Interestingly, they are scoring runs without many HRs. I think Frazier has made an impact there although maybe last year was just a terrible year that they’re trying to put behind them. They have a test coming up tomorrow and this weekend against the Nats so we’ll see how that shakes out.
If the weather co-operates.:rolleyes2: Thursday and Friday look okay, but Saturday is supposed to be heavy snow and that might effect Sunday as well. I look forward to the pitching duels. -- Al

The O's are having problems. They finally got a decent start last night, from Wright, and they scored 6 runs, normally enough to win, but their bullpen imploded and they lost 10-6. :redface2: -- Al

Nats #5 starter AJ Cole just gave up more runs (4) in his first 1/3 inning than the other 4 Nats starters had given up in their 4 starts combined (3). I guess they can't all be aces. :rolleyes2: -- Al
Cole ended up yielding 10 ER's, tying for most ever by a Nats SP. The #5 spot was a question all spring and was never really addressed, so the Nats stayed in-house with their options. Could be Cole isn't the answer but he'll get more chances as this is his 4th season with time in the majors and management won't give up, but he will have to show some improvement because the rope is short at this point. There are other options if Cole doesn't do better. -- Al

2 awesome starts by Bundy (.69 ERA) for the Os flushed down the toilet.

I'd tell you to cheer up, but now you get to play the gashouse gorillas for four games...................1-5 had better not turn into 1-9 or your season could be over by Monday.

I'd tell you to cheer up, but now you get to play the gashouse gorillas for four games...................1-5 had better not turn into 1-9 or your season could be over by Monday.
It is still way too early to label this a 'make or break' series, but it really is. O's need to find a way to split this series. 1-3 or 0-4 could put the O's in too deep a hole to dig out of with only 10 games gone. Unfortunately for the O's, Bundy misses this series so Gausman HAS to come up big to set the bar for the other SP's. Gonna be interesting. -- Al

I'd tell you to cheer up, but now you get to play the gashouse gorillas for four
games...................1-5 had better not turn into 1-9 or your season could be over by Monday.

You can’t win a pennant in April but you can lose it then.

Yanks, Red Sox, Jay's all coming up.....I try to be optimistic, you know since like 1983!!!! But if this team falls out by the end of April, time to get something for Machado, start over and rebuild...to many $$ players for being a last place team 2 years in a row.

Well, what do you know, Cashner comes up big and the O's get a win on the road, in NY. As Dr. Frankenstein said, "It's alive!" -- Al

Well, what do you know, Cashner comes up big and the O's get a win on the road, in NY. As Dr. Frankenstein said, "It's alive!" -- Al

:mad::mad: was looking for an I hate this post button, could not find it anywhere...Michael

:mad::mad: was looking for an I hate this post button, could not find it anywhere...Michael
Come on, Michael, after the way the NYY's abused the O's last season, we were due. And it is only the first game of 19... :wink2: -- Al

Michael,
Great to see you back on the forum, it's been awhile, hope you are well.

It's ok, the gashouse gorillas, aka Quasimodo and Mongo, can't hit 9 home runs in every game and win them all, I'm sure you'll be happy with 150-12.

Must be nice to root for the Microsoft of baseball............:wink2:

Os just caught a big break in the bottom of the 11th. I was sure the game was over.

Os just caught a big break in the bottom of the 11th. I was sure the game was over.
Yeah, I thought the umps would overturn the play by ruling that the path to the plate was blocked. I guess I need to review the rule because it sure looked blocked to me. But I'll take it.:wink2: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back