2019 Baseball season (1 Viewer)

Al...
great game...
really close...
a pitcher's duel...
we squeaked one out...
if Bundy didn't need 55 pitches to get through the first 2 innings...
he would of gone at least to the 7th...maybe the 8th...
Bundy is inconsistent and has a bad habit of giving up gopher balls but when he's on he's perfectly capable of throwing an excellent game. Unfortunately, it always seems to work out that when Bundy pitches well, the O's don't score. Miley continues to impress me with his turnaround. -- Al

Mets won an incredible game over the Nats tonight. When they went down 5-3 and then 6-3 (because the catcher let a ball get by him), I was sure it was over. The Mets have been on this amazing streak but I haven’t been a believer but if they continue to play like this I might have that old time religion. Heck, the Nats were clearly the better team tonight but somehow the Amazins pulled it out. I even did a little dance when they won.

Bundy is inconsistent and has a bad habit of giving up gopher balls but when he's on he's perfectly capable of throwing an excellent game. Unfortunately, it always seems to work out that when Bundy pitches well, the O's don't score. Miley continues to impress me with his turnaround. -- Al

Al...both him and your relief pitchers stymied the Astro's batters...they got lucky...there were some opportunities where the O's left some base runners in the late innings...good luck tomorrow...

Mets won an incredible game over the Nats tonight. When they went down 5-3 and then 6-3 (because the catcher let a ball get by him), I was sure it was over. The Mets have been on this amazing streak but I haven’t been a believer but if they continue to play like this I might have that old time religion. Heck, the Nats were clearly the better team tonight but somehow the Amazins pulled it out. I even did a little dance when they won.

Brad...
they are on a tear...
7 in a row...
lot of season left...

This game was a shocker. If it isn't one part of the bullpen that fails, it's another. It's just unbelievable how bad the Nats bullpen is. The number of times the Nats have the lead and then have had the bullpen throw the game away is approaching 2 dozen. Martinez still can't manage a bullpen, either. How hard is it to realize that a pitcher who comes in, gives up 3 straight hits, including a 3-run Hr, may not have anything going that night? That's the situation from last night, yet Martinez leaves the man in to give up 3 more hits and the game winning run. Martinez just isn't learning. Very frustrating watching the Nats continue with the same problems and same mistakes game after game. -- Al

This game was a shocker. If it isn't one part of the bullpen that fails, it's another. It's just unbelievable how bad the Nats bullpen is. The number of times the Nats have the lead and then have had the bullpen throw the game away is approaching 2 dozen. Martinez still can't manage a bullpen, either. How hard is it to realize that a pitcher who comes in, gives up 3 straight hits, including a 3-run Hr, may not have anything going that night? That's the situation from last night, yet Martinez leaves the man in to give up 3 more hits and the game winning run. Martinez just isn't learning. Very frustrating watching the Nats continue with the same problems and same mistakes game after game. -- Al

This post could also apply to the Mets -- and probably a lot of teams. The bullpen has stabilized a bit but their big acquisitions over the winter -- Diaz and Familia -- have been bombs, to put it nicely. The Mets are in the position of having to go on this ridiculous streak because Diaz has blown about 8 or 9 games, I've lost count. I think management finally conceded that they can't use Diaz in games where they have a one game lead; the other day against the Marlins they brought in Lugo, who is dependable. The problem is that this leaves a big hole in your pen unless your starters are going 7 innings every time out.

The GM has taken major heat for Diaz because he gave away two top prospects to get him. They also acquired Cano in the deal and he's been similarly terrible until lately when he had started to hit but then he tore his hamstring and is probably done for the season. The only good trade he made was acquiring J.D. Davis from the Astros and he has been a huge plus.

Similarly, if the Nats had a good pen, they'd be in first place because the offense and starting pitching are among the league's best. It's the pen that's keeping them down.

This post could also apply to the Mets -- and probably a lot of teams. The bullpen has stabilized a bit but their big acquisitions over the winter -- Diaz and Familia -- have been bombs, to put it nicely. The Mets are in the position of having to go on this ridiculous streak because Diaz has blown about 8 or 9 games, I've lost count. I think management finally conceded that they can't use Diaz in games where they have a one game lead; the other day against the Marlins they brought in Lugo, who is dependable. The problem is that this leaves a big hole in your pen unless your starters are going 7 innings every time out.

The GM has taken major heat for Diaz because he gave away two top prospects to get him. They also acquired Cano in the deal and he's been similarly terrible until lately when he had started to hit but then he tore his hamstring and is probably done for the season. The only good trade he made was acquiring J.D. Davis from the Astros and he has been a huge plus.

Similarly, if the Nats had a good pen, they'd be in first place because the offense and starting pitching are among the league's best. It's the pen that's keeping them down.
Brad, that last sentence is an understatement. The Nats pen is sort of like the submarine that keeps slamming torpedoes into a stubborn ship that refuses to go down. Slam enough torpedoes into it and eventually it sinks. The pen is doing an A1 job of sinking the Nats ship. Boom...boom...boom. :rolleyes2: -- Al

This post could also apply to the Mets -- and probably a lot of teams.

The bullpen has stabilized a bit but their big acquisitions over the winter -- Diaz and Familia -- have

Well, maybe. 😊 The Braves bullpen has not exactly been stellar either.

I suspect, from what I have seen and read, that if any one of the NL East teams (meaning the Braves, Mets, Phillies, or Nats) had an adequate bullpen, the race might be over already. As always, it will come down to pitching, only now it is relief pitching that holds the fate of all in their hands. -- Al

It would seem that the O's are fielding a little league team tonight as they currently trail Houston 20-1 in the 7th. Also, it is the 4th time in the last 5 games that they have given up 5 or more Hrs. Perhaps if they moved the fences back 100 or so feet...:rolleyes2: -- Al

The Nats bullpen is absolutely horrid. They can't hold a lead in any situation presented to them, whether a single run or multi-runs. They are just the worst group of relief pitchers ever assembled on a Washington ball club, and I include the expansion Senators from the 1960s/70s in this statement. :mad: -- Al

I feel your pain. It’s very frustrating when a team gives up a lead. The last person I wanted to see in the 9th was Diaz but he may have to come in tomorrow, if it comes to that.

I’ve lost my Braves TV feed because of a dispute between Fox South and Sling TV. Very annoying.

Last night I checked late and the Braves were leading the lowly Marlins in the bottom of the eighth, 3-1.

This morning I discover they lost 7-6 in extra innings.

It seems the Braves bullpen is getting worse as the season progresses.

Years ago, Dish dropped both the Yankees and the Mets saying sports was getting too expensive, etc. I promptly switched to Direct TV. No way I was going to be without baseball.

Years ago, Dish dropped both the Yankees and the Mets saying sports was getting too expensive, etc. I promptly switched to Direct TV. No way I was going to be without baseball.
My cable bill is outrageous because of their tier system forcing me to pay for a higher tier (more channels) in order to get my Nats and O's MASN channel. Naturally, MASN isn't available on the lower, cheaper tiers, only the upper, more expensive tiers. I don't pay for the MLB package, which is a few hundred extra dollars on top of everything else. I get enough baseball following the 2 local teams. -- Al

I’m very tempted to do something. I remember well when I cut the (cable) cord and started streaming TV service via Amazons Firestick. The exhilaration- yes, exhilaration - I felt telling Comcast to...pound sand...was quite a nice feeling.

It’s just so complicated I’m a bit frozen. Both sides claim to be working on a deal. So it’s not supposed to be a permanent thing. But the longer it goes on the more willing I am to blindly leap somewhere else.

I’m very tempted to do something. I remember well when I cut the (cable) cord and started streaming TV service via Amazons Firestick. The exhilaration- yes, exhilaration - I felt telling Comcast to...pound sand...was quite a nice feeling.

It’s just so complicated I’m a bit frozen. Both sides claim to be working on a deal. So it’s not supposed to be a permanent thing. But the longer it goes on the more willing I am to blindly leap somewhere else.
I would love a viable alternative to Comcast and it's monopoly-like outrageous pricing. Just can't pull the trigger on options I don't understand and can't figure out. -- Al

It would seem that the O's are fielding a little league team tonight as they currently trail Houston 20-1 in the 7th. Also, it is the 4th time in the last 5 games that they have given up 5 or more Hrs. Perhaps if they moved the fences back 100 or so feet...:rolleyes2: -- Al

Al...

that 23-2 game...
had a starting 9 man roster with a batting average of 291...

with the exception of McCullers (SP)...who has been out all season...
Peacock & James (RP's) on the 10 day IR...
the Astros are healthy with all the starters playing...

I even tuned it off when it got out of hand...flipping channels...and watched some of the Cowboy's preseason game...

with all that said...
it's the same roster that could only squeak out 3 runs against the O's the night before...
go figure...^&confuse

Al...

that 23-2 game...
had a starting 9 man roster with a batting average of 291...

with the exception of McCullers (SP)...who has been out all season...
Peacock & James (RP's) on the 10 day IR...
the Astros are healthy with all the starters playing...

I even tuned it off when it got out of hand...flipping channels...and watched some of the Cowboy's preseason game...

with all that said...
it's the same roster that could only squeak out 3 runs against the O's the night before...
go figure...^&confuse
Mike, it is simply proof that good pitching stops good hitting, always has, always will. Unfortunately for the O's, they only have 2 SP's worthy of the position. Oh for the long gone days of Cuellar, Palmer, McNally, and Dobson. A wise man once said that pitching is 200% of the game, or something like that.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Mike, it is simply proof that good pitching stops good hitting, always has, always will. Unfortunately for the O's, they only have 2 SP's worthy of the position. Oh for the long gone days of Cuellar, Palmer, McNally, and Dobson. A wise man once said that pitching is 200% of the game, or something like that.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Al...

I was surprised at the O's pitching choices...
they should have pulled Brooks earlier...
not playing Monday morning coach here...
but when a guy gives up 9 runs...in 2 innings...
with a balk scoring one...
he should of been pulled earlier...

and then finishing the 9th inning with the center fielder pitching...
throwing 52 mile per hour home run derby pitches...
which he got tagged on one...

I just didn't agree with the pitching choices...
kind of a bummer for the fans who bought seats...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back