2019 Baseball season (9 Viewers)

Fun with numbers: The O's have yielded double figure runs in 20 games this season, the most in MLB. They are 1-19 in those games. Hardly shocking. The O's are 6-0 in games that they scored in double figures. -- Al

Al:

Teams like the Astros should offer you some hope when it comes to rebuilding, although I am not sure what the management/front office is like for the O's.

-Jason

Al:

Teams like the Astros should offer you some hope when it comes to rebuilding, although I am not sure what the management/front office is like for the O's.

-Jason
Jason, as George indicates, the front office seems a bit dicey but they have managed to hire a good manager, Brandon Hyde, who has proven to be the man these O's need in charge. He's cool under pressure, owns his mistakes, has the respect of the players, and actually can string several sentences together in a semblance of coherence, unlike many managers. We'll just have to see where this rebuild is heading. There are a few decent position players but the pitching is still awful. -- Al

Fun with numbers: The O's have yielded double figure runs in 20 games this season, the most in MLB. They are 1-19 in those games. Hardly shocking. The O's are 6-0 in games that they scored in double figures. -- Al
More fun with numbers: The O's have allowed 5 or more Hrs in a game 13 times this season. The previous record was 9 times in a season. If you are going to do something, do it right...:rolleyes2: -- Al

Miley got a win for the Astros last night...
gave up 2 runs...
he's 10-4 now with an ERA of 3.05 and a WHIP of 113...
Astros added lots of offense with 6 home runs...

Miley got a win for the Astros last night...
gave up 2 runs...
he's 10-4 now with an ERA of 3.05 and a WHIP of 113...
Astros added lots of offense with 6 home runs...
Mike, last night's win by Miley gave him a career winning record. He is now 81-80 (15-6 over the last 2 seasons). Like I said, he seems to have figured something out, but pitching with the Astro offense to back you up doesn't hurt, either.:wink2: -- Al

Mike, last night's win by Miley gave him a career winning record. He is now 81-80 (15-6 over the last 2 seasons). Like I said, he seems to have figured something out, but pitching with the Astro offense to back you up doesn't hurt, either.:wink2: -- Al

Al...

I did not know that...
his career record on that stat is way worse than I would have guessed......
I would have guessed it was better than 500...

still...

I don't put a lot of stock in the wins/loses stat...
that stat is so contingent on your offense...
or lack of it...
an ERA and his WHIP define a pitcher to me...

and yea...
you're right about 10 runs helping...
a lot of pitchers in the league could have won that game...

Al...

I did not know that...
his career record on that stat is way worse than I would have guessed......
I would have guessed it was better than 500...

still...

I don't put a lot of stock in the wins/loses stat...
that stat is so contingent on your offense...
or lack of it...
an ERA and his WHIP define a pitcher to me...

and yea...
you're right about 10 runs helping...
a lot of pitchers in the league could have won that game...
O's have a few pitchers that could have lost that game, as well.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

newly acquired starter...
Aaron Sanchez...
who has not won a game since April...
three days after he was acquired from Toronto at the trade deadline...
pitched 6 innings...
with the help of team mate Joe Biagini also acquired 3 days ago...
who pitched the 8th inning...
pitched a great game...
a no hitter...
combining for a 9-0 Astros win on Hall of Fame Night at Minute Maid...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=401076393

Last edited:
The Red Sox got swept by the gashouse gorillas over the weekend, that's 8 losses in a row as the season heads into August.

Adios 2019 Boston Red Sox, thanks for nothing.

Their starters are just awful this year, the bullpen is a mess too, several position players are having down years, it all adds up to a lost season.

I'll watch the playoffs if for no other reason to see the gashouse gorillas get knocked out.

And if Aroid mentioned Quasimodo's height one more time tonight, I was going to fire my tv through a window. That ESPN crew is like fingernails down a blackboard, the three of them never shut up, just constant yammering all game long.

Not sure what is larger; Quasimodo's shoe size, Gardner's hat size or Sherman Klumps waistline.

The Patriots play their first preseason game Thursday night; one sports door closes in Boston, another one opens......……………..

More fun with numbers: The O's have allowed 5 or more Hrs in a game 13 times this season. The previous record was 9 times in a season. If you are going to do something, do it right...:rolleyes2: -- Al
Even more fun with numbers: O's have added to their MLB record of games with 5 or more Hrs allowed in a game as the NYY's have hit 5 in tonight's game (still in progress), giving the O's 14 such games. They have also managed to set the record for consecutive games giving up multiple Hrs in a game. Former record was 9, O's own the new record at 10.:rolleyes2: NYY's have also hit 32 Hrs in their 8 games at Camden this season, also a record. Jeesh, the hits just keep on coming.{eek3} -- Al

I watched the Giants lose to the Nats last night.

I have to admit I really like Anthony Rendon. He seems to play each play as if it the last in Game 7 of the World Series. You just don't see that very much in the MLB nowadays.

I watched the Giants lose to the Nats last night.

I have to admit I really like Anthony Rendon. He seems to play each play as if it the last in Game 7 of the World Series. You just don't see that very much in the MLB nowadays.
Rendon is far and away the best and most popular player on the Nats. The big question, and it has been all year, is how much will it take to sign him, either to keep him off the FA market, or how much will it cost once he hits the market after the season finishes. If the Nats lose Rendon, the fan base will be extremely unhappy, much more so than losing Harper. There are already plenty of questions flying around as to why the Lerners/Rizzo haven't already wrapped Rendon up. Whatever it costs, the Nats just have to sign a guy who smiles all the time like Rendon does, and who really just loves to play without regard to publicity. Rendon will prove irreplaceable. -- Al

it seems like whatever the score...
before the game is over...
the Dodgers and the Yankees come back and win the game...
no lead is safe against them...

the Dodgers ended up beating the Padres 11-10 in a comeback a few days ago...
they are gonna give the AL a really tough WS...

Rendon is far and away the best and most popular player on the Nats. The big question, and it has been all year, is how much will it take to sign him, either to keep him off the FA market, or how much will it cost once he hits the market after the season finishes. If the Nats lose Rendon, the fan base will be extremely unhappy, much more so than losing Harper. There are already plenty of questions flying around as to why the Lerners/Rizzo haven't already wrapped Rendon up. Whatever it costs, the Nats just have to sign a guy who smiles all the time like Rendon does, and who really just loves to play without regard to publicity. Rendon will prove irreplaceable. -- Al

Al:

I really like the way he plays. He doesn't simply rely on skill, he also plays hard and has a great baseball IQ. His steal of home last night exemplified all of those traits.

-Jason

Al:

I really like the way he plays. He doesn't simply rely on skill, he also plays hard and has a great baseball IQ. His steal of home last night exemplified all of those traits.

-Jason
Yep, he's a jewel. Doesn't like the limelight, flies under the radar, just does his job while smiling, and has never done anything remotely controversial. -- Al

this blockbuster last minute trade...
to take the Astro's to the promised land...
is not living up to it's hype...

I hope Grienke improves on tonight's ominous start...

6 IP...7 hits...5 ERs...1 HR...an ERA of 7.50...only 2 strike outs...

not too impressive...

glad the Astro's offense has put up 11 runs...

Even more fun with numbers: O's have added to their MLB record of games with 5 or more Hrs allowed in a game as the NYY's have hit 5 in tonight's game (still in progress), giving the O's 14 such games. They have also managed to set the record for consecutive games giving up multiple Hrs in a game. Former record was 9, O's own the new record at 10.:rolleyes2: NYY's have also hit 32 Hrs in their 8 games at Camden this season, also a record. Jeesh, the hits just keep on coming.{eek3} -- Al
Lord, and it just keeps going...the Bombers shelled the O's again tonight, hitting 6 more Hrs, giving them 38 in the 9 Camden games. Unreal. Also runs the O's record for consecutive games giving up multiple Hrs to 11 and their other record of games yielding 5 or more Hrs in a game in a season to 15. How the heck does a team give up 38 Hrs in 9 games? :rolleyes2: -- Al

Lord, and it just keeps going...the Bombers shelled the O's again tonight, hitting 6 more Hrs, giving them 38 in the 9 Camden games. Unreal. Also runs the O's record for consecutive games giving up multiple Hrs to 11 and their other record of games yielding 5 or more Hrs in a game in a season to 15. How the heck does a team give up 38 Hrs in 9 games? :rolleyes2: -- Al

Al...
sorry...
that sucks...
when I have games like that...
I turn off the tv...

Al...
sorry...
that sucks...
when I have games like that...
I turn off the tv...
Mike, I usually just switch over to the Nats when things get too bad, but there is a certain fascination watching a disaster unfold... -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back