2019 Baseball season (1 Viewer)

The reason you start Verlander in game 5 is that he’s thrived in key situations. Cole, although he’s had a lot of experience in the playoffs, is untested in these situations. That’s why using Verlander in game 4 was a terrible idea. If the Astros win game 5, no one talks about game 4 again, but if they lose...

Even if they win they’re going to need a game 4 starter aside from the first three.

As far as openers go, almost every team uses them now. The Yankees use them and it’s effective. Chuck Tanner first broached the idea years ago. The Rays are in the forefront of creative thinking.
I understand, however, I would like to see someone use some creative thinking and actually let a SP go more than 5 or 6 innings. Maybe even let a SP go 9 innings (oh, the horror). All this creative thinking has shot the bullpens to pieces and no one has come up with a solution for that, yet. I'm realistic enough to know that no one is going to turn back the clock and let the pitchers go 9, but someone has to come up with a solution before one inning pitchers become the norm from start to close. Bring back the complete game!^&grin -- Al

The Rays won 96 games in the regular season and the Nats won 93. The fact that they have pushed the great pitching staffs of Houston and LA to the brink isn't really a surprise to me.

What the heck happened in Atlanta? Just got the game turned on and I saw the last out in the top of the First but the Cards lead 10-0? What happened? -- Al

The Rays won 96 games in the regular season and the Nats won 93. The fact that they have pushed the great pitching staffs of Houston and LA to the brink isn't really a surprise to me.
I'm a little surprised. Didn't actually expect either series to go the limit. -- Al

I was going to turn on the Braves game but looks like I missed the action. Sorry Rut.

What the heck happened in Atlanta? Just got the game turned on and I saw the last out in the top of the First but the Cards lead 10-0? What happened? -- Al
I got an update, I thought it was a joke.

The Atlanta season came down to some tomato can named Mike Foltywitzshitsicle, I wouldn't know that guy if I ran him over with my jeep...………….mother of God.

They’re going to be thinking back to game 4. I wouldn’t have been surprised if they lost, but not like this.

Foltynewicz had pitched well in September and in the game earlier in this series. I'm a bit stunned this all went so bad, so fast. -- Al

A disgrace and an abomination. Be a long time before I care about the Braves again

Al...
good luck tonight...
Go Strasburg...
I really hope you advance!

okay...
2-0...
not a great start...
but it's just the 1st inning...
tons of game left...

Last edited:
Al...
good luck tonight...
Go Strasburg...
I really hope you advance!

okay...
2-0...
not a great start...
but it's just the 1st inning...
tons of game left...
Tahnks, Mike. Not exactly the start I was hoping for.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Prior to this inning, what a great moment for drama! down by 3, first two batters reach, and... oh wait, it's the pitcher up. He fouls out on 3 failures to bunt.

Great. NL baseball forever.

Purists will babble about how it's the game is meant to be played.

I call BS, what a load of crap, just terrible watching a pitcher foul off three strait bunt attempts and kill a rally.

Prior to this inning, what a great moment for drama! down by 3, first two batters reach, and... oh wait, it's the pitcher up. He fouls out on 3 failures to bunt.

Great. NL baseball forever.

Purists will babble about how it's the game is meant to be played.

I call BS, what a load of crap, just terrible watching a pitcher foul off three strait bunt attempts and kill a rally.

that was hard to watch...

actually he pulled back the first two bunts...
and took two strikes...
that were right down the middle...
like the announcer said...
"he did himself no favors on that at bat"...

Watch Kershaw serve up a room service meatball to put the Nationals ahead 4-3...………….I hate this move regardless of how it works out, trust your bullpen.

Nats are just stranding too many base runners...
they need one or two opportune hits to get back in this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back