2019 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

This should be a great Series with Aces everywhere!

I am going to bow out as far as rooting for one team or another despite my Astros ties. I consider Al and Mike good friends who were both super supportive of me (along with many others like Brad and George) when the Giants made their World Series runs. Not to mention the fact that both of these teams are deserving of a championship.

With that, good luck to all and.........

Play ball!!!!!!!

This should be a great Series with Aces everywhere!

I am going to bow out as far as rooting for one team or another despite my Astros ties. I consider Al and Mike good friends who were both super supportive of me (along with many others like Brad and George) when the Giants made their World Series runs. Not to mention the fact that both of these teams are deserving of a championship.

With that, good luck to all and.........

Play ball!!!!!!!
Thanks, Jason. I appreciate the well wishes. Yep, watching the WS when your team is involved is quite a different thing than watching as a fan of the game. I will be rooting for the Nats and rooting for a good baseball series. I already have my defibrillator charged up, with the sticky pads applied, and I will hook the wire leads up just prior to first pitch. That way all my wife has to do is push the button and stand back. The neighbors have been warned to ignore the pending torrent of 4-letter words as the rantings of a man with a severe mental disorder. Now, don't I sound ready to enjoy myself? :wink2: -- Al

Well, I wish you guys luck but someone has to win and someone has to lose and the way I see this series is that the Nationals have an advantage in starting pitching, the lineups are probably even, the Astros have an advantage in the bullpen and there is no contest in the managers (Hinch is the best in baseball, in my opinion).

As a result, I see the Astros in six, five if they win both games in Houston. They’re not the best team in baseball for nothing.

Al...
the Nats...with Scherzer pitching tonight...
after Turner stole 2nd...
to have the #2 batter in the line up (Eaton) bunt with no outs...
looked like they were trying to play small ball and get on the board quick...
Cole knuckled down and got out of that mess...
this may be a very low scoring game...

Not a good beginning for Max, plus he threw 26 pitches. He needs to get that down.

Al...
Zimmerman crushed that ball...
Cole looked mad about it...:rolleyes2:
Cole is so susceptible to giving up HR's in early innings...
it's becoming his trademark...

Max is having struggles, not very sharp. Too many pitches and energy being expended. Also, a pet peeve of mine, that run scoring double on a 1-2 count. I hate 2-strike base hits. Don't know why Eaton was bunting with Turner already on 2nd in scoring position. A wasted out. Zimm's Hr was important for the Nats but Max has to get it together and go at the very minimum of 6 innings, but 48 pitches after 2 innings is not encouraging. -- Al

Al...
Cole's not looking like himself either...
he's getting the job done...
low pitch count...
only 42 through 3 innings...
but only 2 strikeouts so far...
strikeouts....that's his game...

Al...
didn't like the HR...
typical Cole...
but...^&grin
I liked the HR dugout dance...
bet you did too!

Al...
didn't like the HR...
typical Cole...
but...^&grin
I liked the HR dugout dance...
bet you did too!
I don't mind a bit of celebration but that dance crap has been out of hand for months. I grew up when Mantle would hit a Hr, run around the bases head down, and return straight to the dugout with no fuss or bother. Act like you have done it before. -- Al

I don't mind a bit of celebration but that dance crap has been out of hand for months. I grew up when Mantle would hit a Hr, run around the bases head down, and return straight to the dugout with no fuss or bother. Act like you have done it before. -- Al

I don't mind a little celebration...it's a big moment...it loosens everybody up...the stakes are high...

At the rate this game is going it should be over by 2 or 3 AM. :rolleyes2: -- Al

Scherzer gutted it out but at 90 + pitches through 4, he has one inning max left, if that. Pitchers don’t through 125 anymore. It gets everybody antsy. It’s making me nervous; I don’t want him to blow out his arm.

If the Nats can take this game they will be in great shape. It’s going to depend on the pen and keeping pressure on Astro pitching.

Not necessarily. Max comes out and you get into our bullpen and we don't protect leads very well. This game is FAR from over. -- Al
Mike, that Hr was really smacked. I told you, now that out poison pen has control, Houston can tee off. I'm going to go gnaw my fingers off now... -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back