2019 Baseball season (3 Viewers)

There seem to be a lot of runs being scored in the early innnings of these games. I think Trump is going to be at the game tonight. I wonder how they deal with the security in a situation like that? Particularly the disruption in traffic. Should be fun.

I saw a news release that Trump would not arrive before the game...
or even in the early innings to avoid disruption...

I honestly think he just doesn't want to throw out the first pitch and embarrass himself...^&grin

Last edited:
Fun with numbers: series tied at 2 wins apiece; visitors are each 2-0; each team has scored 19 total runs. Pretty much even going into the best of 3 finale. -- Al

Al...

it's been a great match up so far...
all the drama I can stand...^&grin
pretty equal on both pitching and offense...

your Nats got absolutely red hot at the right time...
8 wins in a row in post season is amazing!

your center fielder...Robles...
he's a gold glove star...
his acrobatic diving catches have really made a difference...
what a defensive weapon he is...
seems like he lays out and makes an impossible catch 2 times every game...

is Suzuki healthy tonight?

Urquidy's dominant outing last night was such a nice surprise...
that kid may have a big future ahead of him...
he was brought in to be a starter...
I don't think they will pay for Cole next year...

the Astro's bats seem to be waking up...
with the exception of Springer and Correa...
13 hits last night...finally some offense...thank God!
their absence in post season has been a hard pill to swallow...
but they seem to be getting into a groove...

should be a great game tonight...
I wish you good luck...

No Scherzer tonight. He has neck and back spasms. Having suffered from the latter I completely sympathize; feels like someone shot you.

No Scherzer tonight. He has neck and back spasms. Having suffered from the latter I completely sympathize; feels like someone shot you.
Yep. End of the Nats WS chances, as well. Joe 'Scheduled Loss' Ross is going to pitch instead. We would be better off with Strasburg on 3 days rest, but that is obviously a desperation move, leaving no options for games 6 or 7. Tough break, but it has been a fun ride. -- Al

Yep. End of the Nats WS chances, as well. Joe 'Scheduled Loss' Ross is going to pitch instead. We would be better off with Strasburg on 3 days rest, but that is obviously a desperation move, leaving no options for games 6 or 7. Tough break, but it has been a fun ride. -- Al

Even if they lose tonight, they have Strasburg on Tuesday and maybe, with some rest and medication (anti inflammatories and muscle relaxants; they work wonders on me), Scherzer can be ready on Wednesday.

Even if they lose tonight, they have Strasburg on Tuesday and maybe, with some rest and medication (anti inflammatories and muscle relaxants; they work wonders on me), Scherzer can be ready on Wednesday.
That would be, at this point, a best case scenario and one that gives the Nats at least a chance. Of course, none of it matters if the Nats can't get the bats going and score more than one run.:rolleyes2: -- Al

If the Nats lose tonight, they are toast. No way do they win four in Houston. A must win game for them. And even if they do win tonight, the Astros have a decent chance to win out at home.

I have to think that at this point a day off is what they need.

When you get swept in three games at home by a combined score of 19-3, you are going to be getting a lot of days off. And real soon. It felt like the Astros went to another level like all championship teams do when they get pressed. Frustrating because one home win and they were in decent shape. Now it feels hopeless.

the Astros entered the playoff with a roster batting 274...
I think it was the highest or second highest in the AL...
squeaking by Tampa Bay and NY...with little to no offense...it dropped to 208...
before last night's Game 5...
their batting has started to come alive and their average had climbed to 289...

I’m not ready to go that far yet, plus it’s still in the experimental stage. This is a game played and judged by humans. The human element is what makes sports what they are.

I don't think the human element on calling strikes does anything but give inconsistent...arbitrary...and often incorrect calls...

that is so unfair to the batter and team...

one umpire's definition of the strike zone almost always varies from the next...

on guy calls outside balls strikes...while the next guy calls it exactly the opposite...

I believe in a true...fair...consistent...strike zone that is the same for every batter...every single time...

the Astros got screwed on a couple of calls last night....but the Nat's got murdered on some 3-2 counts with runners on base...

it's not fair...I want fair...the human element is prone to mistakes...the robot is not...

I want a consistent strike zone for every single pitch...

something the never changes...

I don't see why anyone...fan or player would want different...

Last edited:
Game 5 went pretty much like I figured it would. Ross wasn't terrible but it wasn't the pitching, it was the lack of offense. Houston's pitching has completely shut the Nats down. It wouldn't have mattered if Walter Johnson himself was on the mound for the Nats. If the offense doesn't score, you lose. All credit to the Astros pitching. They have done the job. One more chance to see if the Nats can extend the series to a Game 7 and Strasburg is quite capable of doing it, IF the Nats can score more than one run.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Ryan Zimmerman's response to the Lance Barksdale's calls last night:

“Lance did not lose us the game tonight. Gerrit Cole beat us. I think that’s the best way to put it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back