2019 Baseball season (7 Viewers)

The Cubs have laid off many employees and other teams will be doing that too, if they have not already done so. FAs might find that the offers are not so attractive this off season.

Possibly by mid season fans will be back in the stands.

Yeah I can't see it; fans by June/July?

No way, not happening.

We're stuck in this mess for another year vaccine or no vaccine.

Unless the Dodgers completely implode, looks like LA gets another championship tonight or tomorrow night.

THIRTY TWO years since the Dodgers won a World Series, man have they had some nutpunch playoff and WS losses, saw a video on YouTube of an NLCS between them and the Cardinals, Jack Clark comes up with runners on 2nd and 3rd, Lasorda in one of his brain cramp moments decides to pitch to him with first base open, he hit an absolute bomb to left, Pedro Guerriero in left fired his glove to the ground in disgust, Dodgers lost that series, man oh man did Clark murder that ball.

And the last championship the Rams won in LA was in 1951, wow. I forgot they moved to St Louis and went to two super bowls, went to two as the LA Rams, one vs the Steelers, one vs the Patriots, they are 1-3 in the Super Bowl, they look pretty good to me this year, their defense is outstanding, they should be able to throttle either Tompa Bay or Seattle with that defense, would root hard for them vs any team from the AFC................then can you imagine, THREE titles for LA?

Honestly, that would be awesome, better them than Tampa Bay.......................and those uniforms looked great last night, they've grown on me........................

Tampa has a far better pitcher going tonight. So it would not surprise me if this goes seven. And anything goes in a game seven. The Dodgers have only won 6 WSs in their entire history. Hard to believe with all their great teams. Ironically the last time they won it all, they had a mediocre team. Orel Hershiser carried that team.

Tampa has a far better pitcher going tonight. So it would not surprise me if this goes seven. And anything goes in a game seven. The Dodgers have only won 6 WSs in their entire history. Hard to believe with all their great teams. Ironically the last time they won it all, they had a mediocre team. Orel Hershiser carried that team.

His run through the post season that year was legendary, he was a one man wrecking crew...........well him and Gibson hitting that home run off of one leg, what an incredible feat that was, a Hollywood type ending only it was real.........Eck has never lived that moment down...................

You can't lose to Tampa.

Please God, no.................

Yeah I can't see it; fans by June/July?

No way, not happening.

We're stuck in this mess for another year vaccine or no vaccine.

There are fans at the World Series and a few football teams permit fans and things should be better by next spring than they are now so, yes, I see some fans back in the stands.

Hershiser was incredible in the '88 regular season and all but untouchable in the post season while leading the Dodgers to the WS title. He was a pleasure to watch. -- Al

An absurd move by Cash. Modern baseball, I hate it. I hope this blows up in their face.

Congrats to the Dodgers and their long awaiting fans, including Doug and Carlos.

Looks like the WS ended in the nick of time as Justin Turner had a positive Covid test. If the Rays had won tonight, who knows what would have happened.

Onto the off season.

As someone once said, you don't fix what ain't broke. The Rays should have heeded that bit of advice. Congratulations to the LA Dodgers and especially their forum fans. The best team won. Come on spring 2021. -- Al

Nice to see Kershaw and the Dodgers get one this year. It has been a Shakespearean tragedy in recent years for them to get so close only to come up short. Kershaw could have called it quits several times. Some real playoff disasters. He is the Jerry West of baseball. One of the great players who always seemed to run into a great team in the playoffs or have terrible luck. The Tampa manager might be the Dodgers MVP though. A disasterous decision to pull his starter in the 6th. Was he resting him for Spring training? Oh well. Time for a musical interlude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcADqxnQA_4&list=RDKcADqxnQA_4&start_radio=1

As someone once said, you don't fix what ain't broke. The Rays should have heeded that bit of advice. Congratulations to the LA Dodgers and especially their forum fans. The best team won. Come on spring 2021. -- Al

On the other hand, it can be argued that is the way they operate. Live by analytics, die by analytics.

On a separate matter, I heard this morning that Turner went on the field for the celebration, and maskless at that. Unbelievable. WS Celebration = Super Spreader Event.

On the other hand, it can be argued that is the way they operate. Live by analytics, die by analytics.

On a separate matter, I heard this morning that Turner went on the field for the celebration, and maskless at that. Unbelievable. WS Celebration = Super Spreader Event.

Yes, but a lot of potential blame to go around on the Turner situation. Why were the test results so late? Were they accurate? Imagine a guy whose entire life is playing baseball and he is on the verge of winning the WS after so many disappointments to be informed that he has to come out of the game in the 8th inning. Unbelievable. Maybe he should have taken the high road and stayed in the locker room but he had been in the dugout and around his team mates for the entire game. A tough situation.

Hopefully no one gets sick and it’s just a minor footnote to history.

Looks like it is. One of the bone head moves in recent history.

Not if you followed the Rays all year; Snell turns into a pumpkin in the 5th/6th inning, 70 pitches all year was his limit before he started to go the other way..........................

The Rays weren't winning that game scoring one run off of the Dodgers Bullpen, you could argue the point if they lost the game 7-5 and maybe Cash should have left him in, but they scored a whopping 1 run and had plenty of chances to break the game open.

Yeah, congrats to the Dodgers for finally getting over the hump after years of post season failures in this 60 game season..............................good for them.

Lowest rated WS ever, but hey, their fans don't care, a world series win is a world series win.

Flags fly forever.................................

Congrats to the Dodgers and most of all congrats to Clayton Kershaw. He has always been a class act and a worthy adversary against the Giants.

As far as the pulling of Snell goes, Cash owes a huge thanks to Justin Turner for taking away the spotlight from that move....

Not if you followed the Rays all year; Snell turns into a pumpkin in the 5th/6th inning, 70 pitches all year was his limit before he started to go the other way..........................

The Rays weren't winning that game scoring one run off of the Dodgers Bullpen, you could argue the point if they lost the game 7-5 and maybe Cash should have left him in, but they scored a whopping 1 run and had plenty of chances to break the game open.

Yeah, congrats to the Dodgers for finally getting over the hump after years of post season failures in this 60 game season..............................good for them.

Lowest rated WS ever, but hey, their fans don't care, a world series win is a world series win.

Flags fly forever.................................

And no asterisk for cheating!

And no asterisk for cheating!

Absolutely; they'll forever be known as the team what won a WS title in a 60 game joke of a season.

What an accomplishment, they rank right up there with the 1927 Yankees.

All it took was trading a bag of hammers for Mookie Betts, go figure.

Ok, 'let's lock this thread, the season is over, it's on to the hot stove league and thank Christ for that.................

Yeah George it was a horror of a season. Time to put it to bed.
Mark

Yeah George it was a horror of a season. Time to put it to bed.
Mark

Nothing says baseball more to me than a World Series played on a neutral site in front of 5,000 cardboard cuts outs posing as fans.

That's a title Dodger fans can cherish for generations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back