2019 Baseball season (7 Viewers)

Last night, Arozarena of the Rays, matched the MLB mark for most home runs in the playoffs with 8.

Interestingly enough none of the players that he tied, Barry Bonds (2002), Carlos Beltran (2004) and Nelson Cruz (2011), went on to win the World Series that year.

I'm sorry, but I'd be stunned if it does not come out at some point that this guy is on some sort of PED.

He was a big nothingburger, wasn't even going to make the Rays, came down with COVID, was stuck in an apartment and he claims he did 500 push ups a day and got ripped on chicken and rice?

He gained 15 pounds of muscle under quarantine; yeah, ok, sure he did.

The AVERAGE person can gain 1-2 pounds of muscle a month while working out, this guy did in a few weeks, now every time he gets up he hits a home run.

Yeah, ok, sure.............

Imagine if this series goes 7, the Rays win it on a home run by this guy, then it comes out he cheated.

Between losing the WS to the Astors (cheaters), Red Sox (cheaters) and Rays (cheaters), Dodger fan heads would explode around the country......................

That walk off last night was crazy.

The guy pinch hitting for the Rays, Brett Phillips was hitting .107. Beyond that, there is no way I’d expect a solid defensive fielder like Taylor to flub that routine play, nor would I expect a swipe tag attempt by the catcher to lead to an error that allows the winning run on a runner who wiped out as he headed for home.

Yet, even as Giants fan I take no joy in the Dodgers’ loss. Too many good player were simply caught up in the perfect storm of walk offs.

Besides, I still think LA will in this Series.

Most importantly, that play exemplifies why I love baseball.

Last night’s game exemplified the failure of a cardinal rule: after you score, you want to have a shutdown inning. Each time the Rays scored, the Dodgers came right back and scored. However, it made for entertaining baseball, unless you were Dave Roberts; his reaction was priceless and understandable.

In the World Series crazy things happen and unheralded players come to the fore. The Dodgers were close to taking a commanding lead but it was not to be.

The World Series just became interesting and we might have a great one on our hands.

One thing is worth mentioning: baseball, without a bubble, has managed to navigate the virus after the early transmissions with the Marlins and the Cardinals.

What a great and entertaining game, sure to go down as someone's turning point. Glad to see the former Terp Brandon Lowe doing so well. Still don't have a favorite even though I am leaning towards the NL to a small degree but I am watching and enjoying the caliber of play . -- Al

What a great and entertaining game, sure to go down as someone's turning point. Glad to see the former Terp Brandon Lowe doing so well. Still don't have a favorite even though I am leaning towards the NL to a small degree but I am watching and enjoying the caliber of play . -- Al

Sounds like a wild game. I doubt many people on the east coast can watch the end of these games because they don't even start until after 8PM. That game must have ended after midnight. I can understand the reasons for a late start on a weekday and appreciate the desire for a west coast audience, but a Saturday game should start no later than 7PM or even earlier. Even though I'm a Dodgers fan, I don't even bother to watch more than a few batters because I know the game will drag on into the wee hours.

Sounds like a wild game. I doubt many people on the east coast can watch the end of these games because they don't even start until after 8PM. That game must have ended after midnight. I can understand the reasons for a late start on a weekday and appreciate the desire for a west coast audience, but a Saturday game should start no later than 7PM or even earlier. Even though I'm a Dodgers fan, I don't even bother to watch more than a few batters because I know the game will drag on into the wee hours.
Yeah, the game ended about 12:15ish am. Ended just in time for me to turn to TCM and catch Macao with Robert Mitchum. It really was a great game with a really bizarre ending. -- Al

What ever happened to Joe Kelly? I don't watch every game but haven't seen him in the WS. The Dodgers pen looks a bit shaky. The Rays had maybe the worst looking caps that I have ever seen on a MLB team last night. That insignia reminded me of Rodan destroying Tokyo.

What ever happened to Joe Kelly? I don't watch every game but haven't seen him in the WS. The Dodgers pen looks a bit shaky. The Rays had maybe the worst looking caps that I have ever seen on a MLB team last night. That insignia reminded me of Rodan destroying Tokyo.
Don't forget those tye-die looking socks. Those caps are awful. The Dodgers are riding Trienan into the ground, but they only need one more game. -- Al

I hope the Rays wear hats featuring Mechagodzilla or Johnny Socko's Flying Robot tomorrow night. They may be onto something. An entire line of Kaiju hats would be fantastic.

I hope the Rays wear hats featuring Mechagodzilla or Johnny Socko's Flying Robot tomorrow night. They may be onto something. An entire line of Kaiju hats would be fantastic.

The best thing that happened this year for the Rays was a shortened 60 game schedule; their roster is not built for the long hall with all their bargain basement finds....................the fact they took the Dodgers to 6 games is a minor miracle................................

All I can say is that going into Game 6 I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every game of this Series.

Unless the Dodgers completely implode, looks like LA gets another championship tonight or tomorrow night.

THIRTY TWO years since the Dodgers won a World Series, man have they had some nutpunch playoff and WS losses, saw a video on YouTube of an NLCS between them and the Cardinals, Jack Clark comes up with runners on 2nd and 3rd, Lasorda in one of his brain cramp moments decides to pitch to him with first base open, he hit an absolute bomb to left, Pedro Guerriero in left fired his glove to the ground in disgust, Dodgers lost that series, man oh man did Clark murder that ball.

And the last championship the Rams won in LA was in 1951, wow. I forgot they moved to St Louis and went to two super bowls, went to two as the LA Rams, one vs the Steelers, one vs the Patriots, they are 1-3 in the Super Bowl, they look pretty good to me this year, their defense is outstanding, they should be able to throttle either Tompa Bay or Seattle with that defense, would root hard for them vs any team from the AFC................then can you imagine, THREE titles for LA?

Honestly, that would be awesome, better them than Tampa Bay.......................and those uniforms looked great last night, they've grown on me........................

I'm no Boston fan, but I still feel bad for Buckner, having a long and successful career subverted by that one moment in the spotlight. It was a great series, though. -- Al

The sad thing is it never should have come down to that play; if you replayed that inning 100 times, the RS win the WS 99 times, it was a true million to one shot.

Two out, down two runs, no one on base, two strikes on the batter....................then the wheels came off.

Just incredible.

That and the 2008 SB vs the Giants will haunt me til the day I kick the stick, I've never watched a second of the highlights from either game.

Never have, never will.

That’s why they play 27 outs, or in this case, 30.

In a series like that, the best team, most of the time, always wins and in that case the best team won.

That didn’t happen with the Giants game but those things happen sometimes. In 1988, the Mets were the best team but they have nothing to show for it. That’s just the way it worked out.

I heard in passing something about MLB lost 3.3 billion dollars this year? I had to have misheard that?

I also heard teams will be laying off personnel over the off season.....................there is no guarantee, as in none, that they will have fans in the stands in 2021, not sure how they can continue to operate that way......................same for the NBA and the NHL when they both start up again.

The sad thing is it never should have come down to that play; if you replayed that inning 100 times, the RS win the WS 99 times, it was a true million to one shot.

Two out, down two runs, no one on base, two strikes on the batter....................then the wheels came off.

Just incredible.

That and the 2008 SB vs the Giants will haunt me til the day I kick the stick, I've never watched a second of the highlights from either game.

Never have, never will.
I can sympathize. I seem to remember a couple of championship games between New York and Baltimore teams, played back in the year 1969. Colts v Jets, O's v Mets. Things couldn't have gone worse for we Baltimore fans and it is a nightmare year I have NEVER gotten over. -- Al

I heard in passing something about MLB lost 3.3 billion dollars this year? I had to have misheard that?

I also heard teams will be laying off personnel over the off season.....................there is no guarantee, as in none, that they will have fans in the stands in 2021, not sure how they can continue to operate that way......................same for the NBA and the NHL when they both start up again.

The Cubs have laid off many employees and other teams will be doing that too, if they have not already done so. FAs might find that the offers are not so attractive this off season.

Possibly by mid season fans will be back in the stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back