2019 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

Difficult to come all the way back and lose. Would have liked to see Dusty get a chance at a ring.

Thanks to a very scrappy Astro team, the ALCS was a very entertaining series. I have to give both teams a lot of credit as I didn't expect the Astro's to get as far as they did once they went down, but once they tied it up, I felt that the Rays would fold. Surprises all around, so congrats to both teams, and, as usual, it's too bad someone had to lose a series like that. The NLCS is shaping up the same way. Been very entertaining and I fully expected the Braves to have won this already but now there is a Game 7 with all bets off. Dodgers refused to fold even though I thought Buehler should have been left in and replacing him almost blew up on Roberts, but the Dodgers held on. Now it's all hands on deck for #7 and it's going to be a good one. Still like the Brave's in this one but Big Mo seems to have gone over to LA. Guess we'll see tonight. Good luck to fans of both teams. -- Al

As a Giants fan I hate to see the Dodgers make it to the World Series.

As a baseball fan I have to admit that they deserve to be there.

The Braves played a great series. It took a miracle for the Dodgers to come back and win it. I think they had a slight advantage with the accelerated schedule with greater depth. The pitching and defense in the last two games was the difference. Those catches from Mookie and the double play by Turner were huge. Bellinger finally showed up. Onward. Either LA or Tampa will win a second championship this year with NBA and NHL titles in the bag.

I thought the Braves had the edge until that disaster occured on the base paths and they had 2 base runners thrown out on the same play. After that, I just felt the Dodgers were going to win. Anyway, it was a great series and as the best team, the Dodgers deserved it although the Braves were certainly worthy. The WS should be a good one with one favorite and one up-start. Believe the Dodgers will win it, but not so dominant that the Rays can't take it, given an opening. How's that for hedging? :wink2: -- Al

The Dodgers defied the odds, coming back from 2-0 and 3-1, no small feat in itself, so congrats to Doug and to Carlos. The WS could be a good one, featuring the best teams in each league, which is the way it should be.

Congrats to the Dodgers, I thought it was a huge mistake to start May, I kept waiting for Roberts to put Kershaw in there, luckily he did not.

The difference in this series was the piss poor base running by the Braves; leaving the bag too early on a tag up and how in the name of God do TWO runners get thrown out on the basepaths on the same play, just horrible.

Oh and Mookie's glove work in right; what did he save, about half a dozen runs?

Good luck the rest of the way; sorry, I have no interest in this WS, just like last years, I really don't care who wins............................

Congrats to the Dodgers, I thought it was a huge mistake to start May, I kept waiting for Roberts to put Kershaw in there, luckily he did not.

The difference in this series was the piss poor base running by the Braves; leaving the bag too early on a tag up and how in the name of God do TWO runners get thrown out on the basepaths on the same play, just horrible.

Oh and Mookie's glove work in right; what did he save, about half a dozen runs?

Good luck the rest of the way; sorry, I have no interest in this WS, just like last years, I really don't care who wins............................

A Dodgers-Astros rematch would have had a lot of drama. And I could play a drinking game for every time they mentioned cheating. I honestly can't watch a baseball game that I know will not end until after midnight. So I may not even watch much of the series until it gets down toward the very end. I thought they might review the tag Turner made on that knucklehead who tried to score on a ground ball to third. It wasn't clear to me that he ever tagged him. Maybe that's not reviewable.

This should be a great Series, it truly could go either way.

I’d like to see Kerhsaw finally get his well deserved ring, at the same time it would be great to see a small payroll team get it’s due.

Let the games begin, here’s hoping for seven....

Kershaw is starting game one. As much as I would like him to get a WS win, I will need the TUMS to see him in another playoff situation. He seems cursed. Even when he pitches well, his team often doesn't give him any runs to work with.

Kershaw looked great last night, the Rays looked completely baffled by him. He mixed up his pitches well and he was able to maintain control/momentum despite sitting for a long time when the Dodger offense got going and extended their half of some innings.

A blowout is almost always followed by a loss. But if the Dodgers can win tonight they will be in great shape with Buehler pitching in game three.

Yeah, great...............so anyway, as of 12:01am EST today, it was the 16th anniversary of the game 7 win by the Red Sox in the 2004 ALCS.

Since I could give a **** less about the World Series, I watched four days in October last night, followed by Reverse the curse.

Steven Wright said it best "If it was a movie, it would have been a bad one, no one would have believed it could happen"..........

At the end of reverse the curse, they had shots of people visiting cemeteries to celebrate with loved ones who had passed on and never got to see the Red Sox win it all..................still gets me.................reminds me of my Uncle Peter and My Grandfather on my Mothers side, the two of them had the biggest influence on me becoming a diehard Red Sox fan, neither of them lived long enough to see the Red Sox win it all.

Being a Red Sox fan is something special; unless you are one, you have no clue what I'm talking about.

They aren't the Yankees with their 27 World Series Championships, winning most of them as easily as Germany marched through France in 1940, or the Dodgers who moved from Brooklyn and landed in La La land where the fans show up in the 3rd inning and leave in the 7th or any other team.

They the team that had an 86 year history of failures and not just failures, but massive failures, 1946, 1949, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1978, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1999, 2003, each one more painful than the next, the impossible dream team of 1967, they played in arguably the greatest world series of all time in 1975, had one of the most historic collapses in baseball history in 1978 leading to one of the most dramatic winner take all games, followed by the greatest world series choke job of all time in 1986 and one of the most massive failures in ALCS history in 2003.

They are not just the BOSTON Red Sox, they tie an entire region together, from the eastern half of CT (The western half is loaded with Yankee fans), to RI, to MA to NH up to the top of Maine, the New England Red Sox would be more appropriate, I don't know of another team that has such a wide fan base, an entire region of the country.

As a sports fan who as I age place the importance of sports further and further in my rear view mirror, 2004 will never, ever, ever be topped. As a young kid/adult, ALL I ever wanted was for the RS to win ONE WS, just ONE....................four wins later, 2004 still ranks up there with the greatest sports moment of my life.

Regardless of where my fandom goes from here, it will always be #1 in my heart.

That was another great game last night.

I expect another one Friday, two aces going at it with rested bullpens.

Even though the Rays built a 5-0 lead, the Dodgers offense is like a cobra, ready to strike at any time. You can never have too many runs.

Last night, Arozarena of the Rays, matched the MLB mark for most home runs in the playoffs with 8.

Interestingly enough none of the players that he tied, Barry Bonds (2002), Carlos Beltran (2004) and Nelson Cruz (2011), went on to win the World Series that year.

Last night, Arozarena of the Rays, matched the MLB mark for most home runs in the playoffs with 8.

Interestingly enough none of the players that he tied, Barry Bonds (2002), Carlos Beltran (2004) and Nelson Cruz (2011), went on to win the World Series that year.

Daniel Murphy had seven for the Mets in 2015 and he too didn’t win the WS. In fact, he didn’t have in the WS. It’s hard to keep that pace up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back