88 (1 Viewer)

The question will also be will the uk retailers receive them in time for Christmas
currently the US Get them months before the Uk retailers , the last batch of new releases went on sale in the US nearly a month ago and no sign of them in the uk and my retailer has no knowledge yet of Bachman making a delivery to him , hopefully November means all geographical regions

The question will also be will the uk retailers receive them in time for Christmas
currently the US Get them months before the Uk retailers , the last batch of new releases went on sale in the US nearly a month ago and no sign of them in the uk and my retailer has no knowledge yet of Bachman making a delivery to him , hopefully November means all geographical regions
Not going to be cheap at $375.00 plus shipping

I little birdie shared some photos of the 88 in production in China, and let me know that a container full of them had shipped. I am just a friendly collector so this is obviously not official, but I think the wait is pretty much over.👍

Louis:

Thank you so much for the information.

Best,
Jason

I was interested in this piece when it was first announced. I'm going to stay calm until I see it available for order. Call it healthy skepticism.

With all due respect, they’re complicated to make. I’m sure that if FL made one, the price would be in the $500 + range

Very true, and they are all fragile. When Andy (K&C) made them, he did several different versions over the years in all types of media and they all had issues due to detail and shipping them safely was tough. I am sure Britains will do their very best to get them safely to you, but in that detail and complexity, you have to expect a cost. Unfortunately, none of the items we buy are "mass produced" plastic stuff like FOV or 21st where they have/or had larger economies of scale. Producing 1 - 500 pieces just doesn't allow for it in todays market, there is a built in premium.

Tom

Very true, and they are all fragile. When Andy (K&C) made them, he did several different versions over the years in all types of media and they all had issues due to detail and shipping them safely was tough. I am sure Britains will do their very best to get them safely to you, but in that detail and complexity, you have to expect a cost. Unfortunately, none of the items we buy are "mass produced" plastic stuff like FOV or 21st where they have/or had larger economies of scale. Producing 1 - 500 pieces just doesn't allow for it in todays market, there is a built in premium.

Tom

I once asked Andy about the 88 at one of our dinners at Lou Malnati’s and he said not only was it complicated to make but that as a result the price point would be too high.

Just thinking about Lou Malnati’s makes my mouth water!

With all due respect, they’re complicated to make. I’m sure that if FL made one, the price would be in the $500 + range

It was just a statement, there are a lot of great figures and vehicles etc being released at the minute and at that price their are other things which might be worth your $375 more than the 88mm. I will not list what you can get for the same price, but that is a lot of money for what it is when compared with what else, in my opinion, you could get for your money.

You are also right about it being complicated to make, so complicated that Eagle Design released a great 88mm gun [numerous types] for $199. Fair enough gun only, but a $176 [as reported] difference, I know we will have to see what is extra in the William Britains 88mm, from the original pic i saw in late 2015 I think there was a figure and ammo boxes.

I little birdie shared some photos of the 88 in production in China, and let me know that a container full of them had shipped. I am just a friendly collector so this is obviously not official, but I think the wait is pretty much over.👍

I have a picture of the container on the boat, I am jokingggggggggggggggggggggg

Attachments

• frt.jpg
    frt.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 685
It was announced in 2015 at $375.00. If Britain’s maintains that price 5 years later then they deserve a ton of credit for keeping it affordable as prices of everything have increased dramatically in that time.

Just an idea ...

0-D6458-F9-00-FB-421-D-9445-B9185-D1-E62-CB.jpg

I can’t remember if I read this here or somewhere else, but I heard that the Germans chose 8,8 cm shell for their main AAA round because in tests it was the largest shell a single man could load quickly. That’s how they chose it.

I can’t remember if I read this here or somewhere else, but I heard that the Germans chose 8,8 cm shell for their main AAA round because in tests it was the largest shell a single man could load quickly. That’s how they chose it.

I’ve heard that too. Not sure where from through, so I have no idea if it’s true. ;)

It does make real sense, must have been about the weight and dimensions, not only for loading but also for manufacture and movement in the logistics process, the website below does highlight this as the reason,
https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/2017/07/10/why-german-88mm-gun-was-best-in-the-war/

My dealer has announced that in addition to the 88, 10 German Soldiers WWII will also appear.

Best

Günther

Users who are viewing this thread

Back