A Real Reality Check (1 Viewer)

My issue is the hypocritical nature of most of the same " other guy collectors ", who fawn over the imo, well priced offerings of the other guy, while coming here to skewer K/C, every chance they get, over prices that except for an item or two, are not close to the other guys cost structure. Maybe a bunch of K/C guys should visit your love fest once in awhile and shake it up, like most of you enjoy doing here...I own K/C, CS, and Figarti vehicles, find the detail usually better on the CS vehicles, while I had to repaint the Figarti stuff ( my choice )as they seemed too dark. I prefer the K/C paint scheme. No FL, because I feel he is just " maximizing profits "with his business model.:rolleyes2: Michael

Why do you want to disturb their "nice and quiet, favorite site"?

Maybe the market has reached saturation point. The quantity of high quality available product is greater than its ever been from all the manufacturers. While the general economic climate and other factors have resulted in a recent progressive decline in the overall number of serious collectors.

As a collector my concern is there is a huge amount that has been purchased as an investment. One for the collection, one for the pension fund. A self fulfilling investment circle. That is a potential disaster in the making longer term. Restriction of availability falsely driving up prices in the short term.

Something I've also noted recently (in another manufacturers range) is where dealers appear to have held back limited edition sets with the sole purpose of auctioning them off later to achieve far higher sales value than original retail price. Is this how dealers are covering themselves against the stock which isn't shifting off the shelves? Ultimately is disposed of quietly in some manner at a greatly reduced price.

As a collector my question to K&C is. Are prices being raised on the back of smaller production runs. To maintain a profitable business at the expense of volume, in order to maintain a premium brand. (No objections to this I should add). However as a collector with a limited budget it may determine what and from whom I purchase. As I'm not convinced that the new prices reflect value for the product any longer.

Well Said....{bravo}}

Have you misunderstood my snarky responses for bragadoccio? It seems so. Ah well. My high brow humor does miss the mark sometimes...:wink2:^&grin

My mom cares. At least thats what she tells me.

Well that's good..See someone cares:wink2:..My mommy likes me too^&grin^&grin....sometimes^&grin

Not a Chance! Cloudcrofts one of my favorite escapes, and as far as the Cowboys... Lifes already too slow in NM!:p

Speaking of that area, check this out. http://www.marchonrome.org/

Something you don't see much of out here.

Now that looks like a awesome event. Who would have thought that would be going on? Very nice.

I guess we keep El Paso :p

Well Said....{bravo}}

In reply to Winston. I have seen at times where dealers sell sets for "Their Customers" on a consignment basis. I have even bought a few from a well known dealer on --Bay sold on a consignment basis.

Well Said....{bravo}}

Sometimes as dealers they sell items for their customers on a consignment basis. Thus allowing the customer to take that money and buy that new item that they otherwise may not be prepared to purchase.

Have you misunderstood my snarky responses for bragadoccio? It seems so. Ah well. My high brow humor does miss the mark sometimes...

I am glad you consider yourself educated beyond your forum peers, feeling you have a more elightened lifestyle to produce snarky responses.

Have you misunderstood my snarky responses for bragadoccio? It seems so. Ah well. My high brow humor does miss the mark sometimes...

I am glad you consider yourself educated beyond your forum peers, feeling you have a more elightened lifestyle to produce snarky responses.

I believe that is my quote above, sort of not being quoted.

I cant tell. Is this meant as a snarky comment to my snarky/sarcastic comment? Or is it a shot across the bow?

Either way Im not sure what an "enlightened lifestyle" is. Please do sign me up! ;)

I believe that is my quote above, sort of not being quoted.

I cant tell. Is this meant as a snarky comment to my snarky/sarcastic comment? Or is it a shot across the bow?

Either way Im not sure what an "enlightened lifestyle" is. Please do sign me up! ;)

I have a set of 18th century dueling pistols. Should I get them ready ??? {sm2}

I know I may get ridiculed for posting this, but I'm not going to spend $369 for a 1/30 scale aircraft no matter what it's made of. The real reality check for me on this issue of $369 for a 1/30 scale Typhoon is... I have lots of 1/32 scale aircraft that look good with K&C figures, plus they all have sliding canopies, rolling wheels, removable pilots, spinning props, and some even have movable rudders and flaps, removable/interchangable bombs/rockets/fuel tanks/etc., and the Corsair even has foldable wings as if it's on a carrier. I spent probably between $15 - $65 for each one (depending on when I bought them, at a store or on ebay etc.), so the average costs would be around $40 each. So at around $40 apiece, I can have nine 21st Century planes, or one K&C Typhoon. That kind of puts it in perspective for me. This is only my opinion of course.

bravo

I have not bought any big ticket items from K&C since the Snow Tiger. It was my most expensive piece from K&C. Originally I was planning to get the Typhoon and expected that it would cost less than $300 when released. But the shocking price quickly turned me off. I know someone will say "buy only what you like and can afford", and that is exactly what I'm doing now. I spend my hard earned money on other TS manufacturers which produces same/better quality/detail as K&C, and with much more reasonbly pricing. I still buy couple LAH figures here and there to complete my collection but that's about it.

I picked up 2 Stukas in 1/32 scale. One western europe paint scheme and the other an AK version.They mix fairly well together with the K&C Luftwaffe figures. If K&C makes a polystone Stuka I'll definately get it. For now I'm making do with what is currently available out there !!! Typhoon first !!! {sm3}

Yes but I find it important that bromhead actually wore that badge in real life.

Wrong assumption guy. I have it on both shoulders. Otherwise the word BRO would not have been used. I find it important to ask first.

Wrong assumption guy. I have it on both shoulders. Otherwise the word BRO would not have been used. I find it important to ask first.

I was not criticizing you sir I was just stating my admiration for my friend Bromhead and if you are also a member of that division I can assure you of my respect and admiration too.

I was not criticizing you sir I was just stating my admiration for my friend Bromhead and if you are also a member of that division I can assure you of my respect and admiration too.

This went from talking Toy Soldiers to the feud between the Hatfields and the McCoys !!! {sm3}

Cool, No problem. Took it too harsh I guess. Proud Bro here. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back