A Real Reality Check (2 Viewers)

back off mr. Hatfield...... I'm warnin ya!!!!

the hatfields are not that bad of people. Back in 1978 my bunkmate in the marine corps at ocs in quantico was a hatfield. Not the brightest booksmart wise but a great kid that you'd be proud to call a marine

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hatfield's and Mc Coys have made friends and are now tuning their banjos. Just make sure none of you city slickers try and hike through our neck of the woods now.

My issue is the hypocritical nature of most of the same " other guy collectors ", who fawn over the imo, well priced offerings of the other guy, while coming here to skewer K/C, every chance they get, over prices that except for an item or two, are not close to the other guys cost structure. Maybe a bunch of K/C guys should visit your love fest once in awhile and shake it up, like most of you enjoy doing here...I own K/C, CS, and Figarti vehicles, find the detail usually better on the CS vehicles, while I had to repaint the Figarti stuff ( my choice )as they seemed too dark. I prefer the K/C paint scheme. No FL, because I feel he is just " maximizing profits "with his business model.:rolleyes2: Michael

Michael . . where have you been..Don't tell me you missed the Australian invasion over on the "other guy collectors" forum ?? Oh what fun we had ...Come, join us . .let us embrace . . .;)

A Real Reality Check......Since this very popular thread was started under King&Country I will begin there. Many members have expressed their concerns over rising prices, product comparisons, etc. But one thing still stands out in my mind.
King&Country is a truly top notch operation.Some will argue as to their "Status" or ranking within the Toy Soldier Industry.If you collect WWII Matte figures then I am sure K&C is at the top portion of "your" favorites list.It would be understandable for collectors of "Glossy" figures or those who collect elephants, horses,circus figures, or whatever may have a totally different view of a manufacter. That being said K&C has been around going on 30 years,produces new releases on a monthly basis, and retires items to make way for new products coming in. {bravo}}
The retirements I think helps K&C collectors as we all know popular retired items, especially WWII seem to find their way onto secondary markets with healthy returns to the seller. Let's not open up a can of worms here talking about selling , profits, etc.We collect for the main reason is that collectors enjoy having their products.It is always nice to know that some of those favorite items sitting in displays are retired and no longer available and in many cases increase substantially in value. Retirements in a way separate new collectors from the old faithfull as far as purchasing items at original retail. I guess the newer folks some times pay their dues when going back 7 or 10 years trying to pick up that WS01 Matte set ????
King&Country are doing a magnificent job. Look at everything that they have on their plate right now......Quite a bit. Also a word of mention. Hats off to the fine network of dealers who supply our passion for the hobby.Stand out dealers like "TREEFROG TREASURES" who go out of their way to supply an outstanding forum for us to engage in ! {bravo}}

was it not controversy mate not popularity that drove the thread and the concerns over the cost of one aircraft??? The real reality check is that its still rattling on???? Urgent assistance Calling Rob... Calling Rob... dispatch thread please urgently needed!!!!!!!
Mitch

A Real Reality Check......Since this very popular thread was started under King&Country I will begin there. Many members have expressed their concerns over rising prices, product comparisons, etc. But one thing still stands out in my mind.
King&Country is a truly top notch operation.Some will argue as to their "Status" or ranking within the Toy Soldier Industry.If you collect WWII Matte figures then I am sure K&C is at the top portion of "your" favorites list.It would be understandable for collectors of "Glossy" figures or those who collect elephants, horses,circus figures, or whatever may have a totally different view of a manufacter. That being said K&C has been around going on 30 years,produces new releases on a monthly basis, and retires items to make way for new products coming in. {bravo}}
The retirements I think helps K&C collectors as we all know popular retired items, especially WWII seem to find their way onto secondary markets with healthy returns to the seller. Let's not open up a can of worms here talking about selling , profits, etc.We collect for the main reason is that collectors enjoy having their products.It is always nice to know that some of those favorite items sitting in displays are retired and no longer available and in many cases increase substantially in value. Retirements in a way separate new collectors from the old faithfull as far as purchasing items at original retail. I guess the newer folks some times pay their dues when going back 7 or 10 years trying to pick up that WS01 Matte set ????

Well that your opinion but from watching ebay USA this week a lot of K&C WW2 item were going for a big lose I'm sorry to say :(

Well that your opinion but from watching ebay USA this week a lot of K&C WW2 item were going for a big lose I'm sorry to say :(

yes I notice that too. They are not getting high bids as they used to be. Last week I saw K&C Fw190 plane sold for less than retail ~ $140 US or so.

yes I notice that too. They are not getting high bids as they used to be. Last week I saw K&C Fw190 plane sold for less than retail ~ $140 US or so.

The secondary market party has been over for a long time now:smile2:....Don't exspect to be selling most K/C products for profit any longer "retired or not"....Just ain't gonna happen with current original retail prices these days being quite high...thus..... no room for signifcant profit margins on secondary markets....also products could wind up re-selling below re-tail......To quote Danny Don Meredith: "Turn out the lights the parties O O -ver".

I wish the party was over! I just just got sniped on two Winter WS sets that I have been hunting.

Only comment on this insanity with regard to retired items. If you have patience, you will get your price if they are the right items:

1. WS 23W Panther $500
2. WS 18W Pak $400
3. WS 10 $300

Not bad retuns for the person I sold them for.

Takes a little longer, but no panic to sell!

TD

Only comment on this insanity with regard to retired items. If you have patience, you will get your price if they are the right items:

1. WS 23W Panther $500
2. WS 18W Pak $400
3. WS 10 $300

TD

Hi Tom,
One mans insanity is another mans bliss.

Thats funny because a WWII German WS043 Wittman Tiger that I paid $199.00 for last year sold for $249.00 this past week. {sm3}{sm3} ^&grin

1. WS 23W Panther $500
2. WS 18W Pak $400
3. WS 10 $300

TD

Ijust sold these 3 sets last month for £150 each:(
Scott

I know I may get ridiculed for posting this, but I'm not going to spend $369 for a 1/30 scale aircraft no matter what it's made of. The real reality check for me on this issue of $369 for a 1/30 scale Typhoon is... I have lots of 1/32 scale aircraft that look good with K&C figures, plus they all have sliding canopies, rolling wheels, removable pilots, spinning props, and some even have movable rudders and flaps, removable/interchangable bombs/rockets/fuel tanks/etc., and the Corsair even has foldable wings as if it's on a carrier. I spent probably between $15 - $65 for each one (depending on when I bought them, at a store or on ebay etc.), so the average costs would be around $40 each. So at around $40 apiece, I can have nine 21st Century planes, or one K&C Typhoon. That kind of puts it in perspective for me. This is only my opinion of course.

Great collection Duke ^&cool

Not that good £51 on a set that is as old and apparently as popular. I think and everyone agrees the bubble has burst newer items on the whole do not increase expenetially in value and more often than not decrease. There are certain items schlepper being one and the lamposts of LAH etc that are increasers but, the big money is certainly on the very older items.

When Vezzolf etc say the secondary market thing has ended he is correct to a point the hysteria and belief that every K&C set will increase regardless is absurd. Its the same with every manufacturer some will be very popular and some meander along.
Mitch

Thats funny because a WWII German WS043 Wittman Tiger that I paid $199.00 for last year sold for $249.00 this past week. {sm3}{sm3} ^&grin

Not that good £51 on a set that is as old and apparently as popular. I think and everyone agrees the bubble has burst newer items on the whole do not increase expenetially in value and more often than not decrease. There are certain items schlepper being one and the lamposts of LAH etc that are increasers but, the big money is certainly on the very older items.

When Vezzolf etc say the secondary market thing has ended he is correct to a point the hysteria and belief that every K&C set will increase regardless is absurd. Its the same with every manufacturer some will be very popular and some meander along.
Mitch

It not even $51.00 profit if it was sold on ebay Panzerace1944 would of paid out $35.00 in ebay fees but the good thing was he got is money back !

Not having used e-bay I did not know that was the fees outrageous IMO but, if your happy using it fine its just not for me. I think that further proves your point
Mitch

It not even $51.00 profit if it was sold on ebay as Panzerace1944 would of paid out $35.00 in ebay fees:wink2:

An easy reality check is to view a few of the collector car auctions being televised now,,the bottom has given way due to the soft market,,even the money people have backed away.

It not even $51.00 profit if it was sold on ebay Panzerace1944 would of paid out $35.00 in ebay fees but the good thing was he got is money back !

Agree...not even worth the time and effort....Lucky to break even{sm4}{sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back