A Real Reality Check (3 Viewers)

Michael mate,
I think you have hit the nail right squarely on top of the head. Excellent post. This constant sniping cannot be construed as constructive critisism but just as a personal attack on K&C and its owner. He is a big boy and gives as good as he gets. Get over it guys. Price increases are a fact of life. Most members of this Forum are intelligent enough to see thru rah rah and judge what is constuctive and what is just plain BS.
If you really want a product and your passion is so intense for it then go out and get a second job, like I have done to pay for my addiction to TS.
Cheers Howard

Please explain to me how this can be construed as a personal attack? In the US we could construe the 40% increase as price gouging. In no way is this a personal attack. Everyone here on this board, and all over the world, will and do make comments on what is percieved as an excessive price hike, no matter the product. "Andy" was not pointed out as to be the culprit, perhaps only by association. The Typhoon just happens to be the one on this forum. Now ,if you want to see real price gouging, look at the costs for Corvette aftermarket and repair parts. Then look and see the difference of the price decrease on Mustangs.

Cheers

K/C did not introduce the pricepoints that we are feeling now. I continue to be amazed that most of the same folks that come to the KC forum to whine about their pricing structure are the same collectors who have no problem with plastic like tanks for $300 and figures for $60 from another mfg. In fact, the same collectors who enjoy raining on the K/C parade go out of their way to rah rah the high priced mfg. every chance they get on his forum. I can only hope the mods do notice the constant sniping here ,from other mfg. hypocritical collectors. Hey Frank, does your favorite mfg. over maximize his profits by offering a plastic built model for $300 bucks?{sm2} Inquiring minds like to know..^&confuseMichael

Since you inquired directly, Michael; I will try to answer politely and accurately and honestly to the best of my ability....Yes I believe both FL and Figarti AFV's are better then K/C's WWII AFV's models.....Both of these manufacturers put out WWII AFV's that are more detailed and at relative better Price/Value ratios IMO.....I own many K/C AFV's and products; also Figarti and First Legion products...Do you???...Put them side by side and compare for yourself....As for TS figures First legion leads the pack at this time in detail and quality.IMO......K/C is the only one producing 1:30scale aircraft.....I purchased the K/C FW190 and was satisfied with it's quality and price point; not so with the Me262 which had some problems and which I returned......Prices are increasing "very rapidly" now ; getting harder for most of us to stay in the game.....FACTS......Only responding because you asked....Best Regards Frank

Last edited:
Excellent post Combat.You too Rutledge but I disagree with you about people whining.All the manufacturers should be listening to all the collectors who are quiting or cutting back,To me it's not just a protest but it should a warning that could hurt their companies.Maybe it's part our fault too for wanting more and more.
Mark

Here is a real Reality check. Collecting......Enjoying.....Displaying..... !!!

Attachments

• Planes.jpg
    Planes.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Berlin 38'.jpg
    Berlin 38'.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 146
  • BB2.jpg
    BB2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 157
  • AKKK1.jpg
    AKKK1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 153
Dude,
Was the post style prior to this uncommon? Can you not write a post without snide comments? The coin can be flipped on you as a business owner. Your intentions are based as well on self interest. That is what you so strenuously claim to be as a capitalist.

Correct. I do not run a charity. No one, client or otherwise, has ever accused me of doing so. Presumably they prefer I not live in a box on the street..:)

And yes, I can write post without being snide -- see the prior. But sometimes snarky Rutledge just cant help himself. Its all in good fun. My buddies and I all have really thick skin. I recommend it.

...Yes I believe both FL and Figarti AFV's are better then K/C's WWII AFV's models.....Both of these manufacturers put out WWII AFV's that are more detailed and at relative better Price/Value ratios IMO...As for TS figures First legion leads the pack at this time in detail and quality.IMO......

Now this is shocking news, absolutely shocking. ^&grin

FRANKly, the biggest turn off for me is the culture of some of the other producers. Somewhat similarily, I will likely never be a "RAP" music fan either. Just not a good fit for me, personally.

Excellent post Combat.You too Rutledge but I disagree with you about people whining.All the manufacturers should be listening to all the collectors who are quiting or cutting back,To me it's not just a protest but it should a warning that could hurt their companies.
Mark

Good point Mark...But not for Mr. Rutledge....Remember....He's a capitalist:^&grin^&grin....and a Master of Economics.:wink2:

K/C did not introduce the pricepoints that we are feeling now. I continue to be amazed that most of the same folks that come to the KC forum to whine about their pricing structure are the same collectors who have no problem with plastic like tanks for $300 and figures for $60 from another mfg. In fact, the same collectors who enjoy raining on the K/C parade go out of their way to rah rah the high priced mfg. every chance they get on his forum. I can only hope the mods do notice the constant sniping here ,from other mfg. hypocritical collectors. Hey Frank, does your favorite mfg. over maximize his profits by offering a plastic built model for $300 bucks?{sm2} Inquiring minds like to know..^&confuseMichael

Plastic??? I thought it was resin?:) my mistake, best looking plastic 300.00 dollar tank I've ever purchased there Maddy:):)...Sammy

Excellent post Combat.You too Rutledge but I disagree with you about people whining.All the manufacturers should be listening to all the collectors who are quiting or cutting back,To me it's not just a protest but it should a warning that could hurt their companies.Maybe it's part our fault too for wanting more and more.
Mark

Maybe the market has reached saturation point. The quantity of high quality available product is greater than its ever been from all the manufacturers. While the general economic climate and other factors have resulted in a recent progressive decline in the overall number of serious collectors.

As a collector my concern is there is a huge amount that has been purchased as an investment. One for the collection, one for the pension fund. A self fulfilling investment circle. That is a potential disaster in the making longer term. Restriction of availability falsely driving up prices in the short term.

Something I've also noted recently (in another manufacturers range) is where dealers appear to have held back limited edition sets with the sole purpose of auctioning them off later to achieve far higher sales value than original retail price. Is this how dealers are covering themselves against the stock which isn't shifting off the shelves? Ultimately is disposed of quietly in some manner at a greatly reduced price.

As a collector my question to K&C is. Are prices being raised on the back of smaller production runs. To maintain a profitable business at the expense of volume, in order to maintain a premium brand. (No objections to this I should add). However as a collector with a limited budget it may determine what and from whom I purchase. As I'm not convinced that the new prices reflect value for the product any longer.

Good point Mark...But not for Mr. Rutledge....Remember....He's a capitalist:^&grin^&grin....and a Master of Economics.:wink2:

Mostly correct, except that Im actually a Master of Business Administration. No worries. ^&cool

This post was so hilarious I must revisit it again, so Madd are you saying it's First Legions fault of the prices that K&C are charging now??^&confuse:confused:...gett'n desparate out there for some reasoning on price point aren't ya?? also inguiring minds want to know where you come up with your logic?:)...Sammy

Mostly correct, except that Im actually a Master of Business Administration. No worries. ^&cool

I have no doubt that you are, but then again, who cares?
To me it seems, that you are spending way too much time and effort in thinking how good you are, but then again, who cares? :rolleyes2:
Konrad

I have no doubt that you are, but then again, who cares?
To me it seems, that you are spending way too much time and effort in thinking how good you are, but then again, who cares? :rolleyes2:
Konrad

Have you misunderstood my snarky responses for bragadoccio? It seems so. Ah well. My high brow humor does miss the mark sometimes...:wink2:^&grin

My mom cares. At least thats what she tells me.

Have you misunderstood my snarky responses for bragadoccio? It seems so. Ah well. My high brow humor does miss the mark sometimes...:wink2:^&grin

Now that one I like :wink2:
It's all good ^&grin
Konrad

We are fairly fortunate as collectors in this part of the world for now ,because with the decline in value of the $US that has softened the blow of rising prices .
When I started collecting I could pretty much double the shelf price of anything
by the time it landed here so I can share the pain .

And THAT is all that counts.

Since you inquired directly, Michael; I will try to answer politely and accurately and honestly to the best of my ability....Yes I believe both FL and Figarti AFV's are better then K/C's WWII AFV's models.....Both of these manufacturers put out WWII AFV's that are more detailed and at relative better Price/Value ratios IMO.....I own many K/C AFV's and products; also Figarti and First Legion products...Do you???...Put them side by side and compare for yourself....As for TS figures First legion leads the pack at this time in detail and quality.IMO......K/C is the only one producing 1:30scale aircraft.....I purchased the K/C FW190 and was satisfied with it's quality and price point; not so with the Me262 which had some problems and which I returned......Prices are increasing "very rapidly" now ; getting harder for most of us to stay in the game.....FACTS......Only responding because you asked....Best Regards Frank

You rude individual you. :mad: I was unaware of First Legion until now...... Now it's bookmarked and I'm looking at the STUGIII ASF F8 and with Ostketten. Closest I've seen so far from the STUGGIII ASF G Saukopf I'd like to have. Prices seem equivilent though for Tanks.

Frankly, if price is making it hard for you to buy K&C, then prices can't rise fast enough.:eek:

My issue is the hypocritical nature of most of the same " other guy collectors ", who fawn over the imo, well priced offerings of the other guy, while coming here to skewer K/C, every chance they get, over prices that except for an item or two, are not close to the other guys cost structure. Maybe a bunch of K/C guys should visit your love fest once in awhile and shake it up, like most of you enjoy doing here...I own K/C, CS, and Figarti vehicles, find the detail usually better on the CS vehicles, while I had to repaint the Figarti stuff ( my choice )as they seemed too dark. I prefer the K/C paint scheme. No FL, because I feel he is just " maximizing profits "with his business model.:rolleyes2: Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back