ACW - General Meade's HQ (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Hot, very humid, with high heat index here. Its a good day to stay inside and keep cool. "Played" a bit with my dio table, rearranging the WB Lydia Leister's farm house so that the front porch fronts the farm yard instead of on the road frontage where I have had it since reciving it. I believe I like this arrangement better. I'll be ready for the soon to be released #31192 "Hold This Ground" set with Meade sitting at a table with staff. Here are a few photos taken this morning showing Major Gen George Gordon Meade with Generals Buford and Hancock. Towards the back of the farm yard is an aid station.
:smile2: Mike

Here is a stock photo of set #31192 which will be perfect set up in fromt of the porch. I also plan to add #31173 Gen Dan Sickles and #31174 Gen W. G. Warren to the scene creating a good size staff gathering.

Superb pics Mike, what a terrific scene. Love your ground work and the building here.

Rob

The crapper is to close to the house {eek3}. I'm hopping Hudson & Allen will still be producing the white picket fence.

Superb pics Mike, what a terrific scene. Love your ground work and the building here.
Rob

Thank you very much Rob, glad you enjoyed the scenes. The groundwork was created for me by Ken & Ericka Osen.

The crapper is to close to the house {eek3}. I'm hopping Hudson & Allen will still be producing the white picket fence.

Its funny you mentioned the proximity of the outhouse, Paul . . . . I was thinking the same thing this morning, but more so in relation to where the well is. Must be 19th Century sanitation or the lack there of . . . . then again its probably due to size limitations of my dio base :wink2:. I know Ken has mentioned the appearance of white picket fencing sometime in the future. That really would be outstanding. However, the fencing on my dio table is permanently mounted to the base which might be problematic if I decided to change it out.

Mike,

I continue to be envious of you every time you post photos of your custom made dio table. Looks great always and thanks for sharing.

Mark

Mike,
You've given us another awesome set of shots, thank you! Glad to see you at play.
Best,
Josh

Mike,

I continue to be envious of you every time you post photos of your custom made dio table. Looks great always and thanks for sharing.

Mark

Thank you Mark, glad you enjoyed the photos.

Armand Bayardi produces a picket fence which is compatable

http://www.armandbayardi.com/brd/Prod-F.htm

Brian

Thanks for the link Brian

Mike,
You've given us another awesome set of shots, thank you! Glad to see you at play.
Best,
Josh

Josh, it was a good day to stay in my basement area where it was very cool and delightful and do nothing but enjoy my TS collection. Glad you enjoyed the photos.

That looks great Mike, well done.

Am currently in Fredericksburg attending the Historicon wargaming convention this weekend, today will be 97, tomorrow 103.......{eek3}..............I feel like I'm a mile from the sun. Today is load in/set up day, this is going to be interesting...........:wink2:

Am currently in Fredericksburg attending the Historicon wargaming convention this weekend, today will be 97, tomorrow 103.......{eek3}..............I feel like I'm a mile from the sun. Today is load in/set up day, this is going to be interesting...........:wink2:
Be careful and stay well, George. This heat is terrible. I have hermetically sealed myself into my apartment with the AC set at 68. To heck with the electric bill. No one gets in or out once the sun is up. Find the AC vents and camp under one. Have a safe convention. -- Al

Thanks George. For Wisconsin, its unusally hot here also.

Be careful and stay well, George. This heat is terrible. I have hermetically sealed myself into my apartment with the AC set at 68. To heck with the electric bill. No one gets in or out once the sun is up. Find the AC vents and camp under one. Have a safe convention. -- Al

Like you Al, I have been "hermetically" sealed up in my basement hobby room for the past two days.

Good looking scene !

Thank you Alex . . . much appreciated . . . .

on a scale of 1-10. I give it a 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!! Brad

I want to thank all those who pushed the "Like This Post" button . . . . I am glad you all enjoyed the photos.

on a scale of 1-10. I give it a 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!! Brad

Thanks Brad . . . . you are way to kind . . . .

Wonderful depiction Mike! I think you captured the scene very well. Like you, I eagerly await the release of the Meade command group. Chris

this set looks great Mike...one of their best to date...and you display them so nicely!

An attractive and realistic display, I have yet to return to diorama style displays for my collection, but such threads are making me think about changing back.

Mike

As General Hancock would have said "It's very good ground indeed sir!"^&grin

Bob

Wonderful depiction Mike! I think you captured the scene very well. Like you, I eagerly await the release of the Meade command group. Chris

Thanks Chris. I bet alot of us collectors are awaiting the new Meade group.

this set looks great Mike...one of their best to date...and you display them so nicely!

Thanks my Texian friend.

An attractive and realistic display, I have yet to return to diorama style displays for my collection, but such threads are making me think about changing back.

Thank you very much Mark. Glad I've given you some dio temptation.

Mike

As General Hancock would have said "It's very good ground indeed sir!"^&grin
Bob

Absolutely Bob and that's what I always think when I'm enjoying my dio-table . . . . "Very good ground" to play on.

Mike as usual superb museum quality set up, very nice indeed! :salute::
Thanks for the kind words . . . Glad you like the photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back