Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (1 Viewer)

Idividually they were fantastic, but as a group :eek::eek::eek:

And don't they look lovely against that green backdrop. :D

I was looking forward to see how you painted the Highlander's hose. Great!

Had a change today, no painting during lunch but assembled the new arrivals. An Officer for each of the Grenadier and Scots Fusilier Guards and 3 Rifle Brigade figures. Very impressive castings again with lots of fine detail to paint ;). I shall hope to get them undercoated tomorrow and post a progress photo.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 92.jpg
    alma 92.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 165
  • alma 93.jpg
    alma 93.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 156
  • alma 94.jpg
    alma 94.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 149
  • alma 95.jpg
    alma 95.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 146
  • alma 96.jpg
    alma 96.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 147
I shall hope to get them undercoated tomorrow............

Jeff

....................so here we are with the undercoated figures, these can dry for a while and so back to painting the Highlanders.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 97.jpg
    alma 97.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 140
  • alma 98.jpg
    alma 98.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 137
  • alma 99.jpg
    alma 99.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 136
  • alma 100.jpg
    alma 100.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 138
Great job on the painting Jeff.

I like the look of those Rifles castings. Might have a job getting them accurately painted mind :rolleyes:.

How do they square up size wise? Are they European 1/32, American 1/32 or Uber 1/32?

Simon, they are a large 54mm not a lot in it when compared with the K&C version. I will post a comparison photo tomorrow after I have placed my order for an extra large vat of the green stuff for the Rifle uniforms :p:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Jeff

Simon, they are a large 54mm not a lot in it when compared with the K&C version. I will post a comparison photo tomorrow after I have placed my order for an extra large vat of the green stuff for the Rifle uniforms :p:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, would be nice to see next to the K&C KGL for comparison.
It'll be nice to see them painted up with a nice navy blue jacket. :)

Simon

Cheers Jeff, would be nice to see next to the K&C KGL for comparison.
Simon

Not a lot of difference really taking into account that the kneeling KGL is in a lower stance than the Alma version.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 101.jpg
    alma 101.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 172
It's easier to stand up again sitting on your heel like the KGL painted figure on the far right.
All four are beautiful figures!

Thanks for the photos Jeff. Not a whole lot in it. Me thinks some castings may be required. :)

Just an update - I have been so busy work wise that I have just managed to get some colours on the two guard officers. The idea is to get them up to the same level of the 3 remaining Highlanders. Then as the colour schemes are very similar to carry on with these five untill completion. The 3 Rifle Brigade figures will be painted together once the "Red Coats" are out of the way.

London tomorrow so I will post a photo or two on Tuesday.

Thanks

Jeff

The idea is to get them up to the same level of the 3 remaining Highlanders.

The Guards Officers have had a lick of paint and so the next stage will be tackling the white cross straps and facings etc.

Thanks for your patience.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 102.jpg
    alma 102.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 139
  • alma 103.jpg
    alma 103.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 140
A bit more painting today whilst the sun was visiting us, almost spring like! Closer photo’s tomorrow of hopefully the completed Guard Officers and more advancement on the Highlanders.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 104.jpg
    alma 104.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 120
Photo’s tomorrow of hopefully the completed Guard Officers

The Officers have now been completed and have joined in the advance.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 105.jpg
    alma 105.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 110
  • alma 106.jpg
    alma 106.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 107
  • alma 107.jpg
    alma 107.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 110
  • alma 108.jpg
    alma 108.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 109
Jeff,
Again very very nice figures.
They complete very well the guardsmen !
Thanks,
Michel

Jeff,

My compliments. Those are beautifully painted figures. Well done mate, I'm sure Michel well be chuffed to bits with those.

Simon

Thanks Michel and Simon, glad you like them, I'm chipping away at the remaining Highlanders - need to get them finished :cool:

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back