Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (1 Viewer)

When I see the so small size of the kilt, I just cannot understand how you managed to put so much details :eek:
Great !

That's some fine detail you've got going on there Jeff. Showing off with your multiple greens, but very nice detail. ;)

Thanks Simon, you wait till you see the Rifle Brigade figures!

Jeff

When I see the so small size of the kilt, I just cannot understand how you managed to put so much details :eek:
Great !

Hi Michel - sometimes I wonder myself :D I actually use one of these for the small detail gives 2.5 times magification - helps alot.

Jeff

Attachments

• optivisor.jpg
    optivisor.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 120
NIce progress on that tartan, Jeff, and thanks for taking the extra time to show us how the pro's do it.

Sorry for the poor lighting, but here is an update on my figures as of this AM.

Lots of detail bits, rifles and bearskins still need finishing but getting closer and closer. This is a good learning experience for the next batch I'll be doing. :)

Cheers, MD

Attachments

• ebay (Small).jpg
    ebay (Small).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 121
They're looking good MD! Good to see you've not been tempted to taint any of them with that colour ;).

Give them some pupils quick! They look disturbing in a zombie kind of way. :D

Great job, Jeff.. These seem to be going faster - - perhaps you're hitting your stride - getting more daylight to work in?

Thx again for sharing,

Jim

Very nice Jeff, painting tartan would (for me at least) be a bit daunting. I think I remember seeing somewhere online a guide to painting tartan on toy soldiers. I can see if I can find it if anyone is interested?

I believe it is on John O'Briens toy soldier web site

NIce progress on that tartan, Jeff, and thanks for taking the extra time to show us how the pro's do it.

Lots of detail bits, rifles and bearskins still need finishing but getting closer and closer. This is a good learning experience for the next batch I'll be doing. :)

Cheers, MD

Hi Dave,
You have work a lot on them ! They look very nice.
Cheers,
Michel

Cheers, MD

Looking good Dave! :).........lots to paint on these isn't there :cool: What figures are you getting next?

Jeff

Looking good Dave! :).........lots to paint on these isn't there :cool: What figures are you getting next?

Jeff

Yes, Jeff, lots of little details, and in my case, lots of touching up as well. :eek:

Once I've finished with these, I will likely get a few more of the Guards and some British line figures. Also, considering some Russian figures with the next batch.

MD

Finished this one at last :)......... Now I need a beer!

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 87.jpg
    alma 87.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 150
  • alma 88.jpg
    alma 88.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 149
  • alma 89.jpg
    alma 89.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 145
  • alma 90.jpg
    alma 90.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 151
Finished this one at last :)......... Now I need a beer!

Jeff

Jeff,
I'm happy to be the first to congratulate you on this, more than ever, exceptionnal painting job :eek:
It's wonderful ! Thanks.

That will be a very well earned beer.
If you accept some more castings please remind me to pack some Belgian beers with ;)

Michel

Not that I have a trained eye but I challenge the major companies to paint a better figure than this.

Jeff,
I'm happy to be the first to congratulate you on this, more than ever, exceptionnal painting job :eek:
It's wonderful ! Thanks.

That will be a very well earned beer.
If you accept some more castings please remind me to pack some Belgian beers with ;)

Michel

Michel, thank you I'm glad you like it, just got to play catch up with the others now.

Jeff

Jeff

Exquisite paint jobs, really stunning work as those Jocks are notoriously difficult to paint. Knockout stuff am highly impressed.

Nearly impressed enough to offer to buy you a pint in London next month but you owe me far too many anyway:D

Bob

Jeff

Exquisite paint jobs, really stunning work as those Jocks are notoriously difficult to paint. Knockout stuff am highly impressed.

Nearly impressed enough to offer to buy you a pint in London next month but you owe me far too many anyway:D

Bob

Thanks Bob, you can't sweet talk me :p:D.........and don't forget a packet of crisps.

Jeff

Not that I have a trained eye but I challenge the major companies to paint a better figure than this.

Well I don't know about that Brad :eek:, but - I must admit I liked the way it turned out. I've said this before that the level of sculpting and casting is of such a high quality that it makes painting a lot easier. Thanks btw.

Jeff

I thought that Michel would like to see all five finished figures together.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 91.jpg
    alma 91.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back