Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (2 Viewers)

Very, very nice results with those Guards, Jeff. I am far from done with mine, but slowly chipping away at them. Loads of painting and touching up still to go, but steadily progressing.....

MD

Hi Dave, and the same with yours they are looking great in a matt kind of way ;) At least you get to keep yours, I have to pack them in a old shoe box full of sawdust and donkey freight them to Michel :D

I shall be having a bit of a painting session later today and hopefully post a couple of photos later on.

Jeff

Looking good MD!

Don't go spoiling them by plastering any of that green stuff on them will you? ;)

Simon

Looking good MD!

Don't go spoiling them by plastering any of that green stuff on them will you? ;)

Simon

Jeff you might want to cover your ears, but......I don't believe there will be even a speck of green on these. :eek:

MD

Jeff you might want to cover your ears, but......I don't believe there will be even a speck of green on these. :eek:

MD

Hi Dave,
Nice to see the progress ! Already done a lot of work on these ones !

I'm glad to tell you I've received the Rifles castings I've make made. Difficult to paint these ones without green :D
Cheers,
Michel

You've run out as well?
Join the club mate.

Yeah, Simon, I 'd been to 3 hobby shops yesterday alone looking for paints for these guys and would you believe, not a single jar or tin of green in any shade?

:D

MD

Hi Dave,
Nice to see the progress ! Already done a lot of work on these ones !

I'm glad to tell you I've received the Rifles castings I've make made. Difficult to paint these ones without green :D
Cheers,
Michel

Hello Michel,

Lots of momentum on these guys at the moment, so I am hoping to finish them in the next day or so, but then again, the best laid plans and all that.....

Currently working on the black bits (pouches, mess tin covers, bayonet frogs, etc...).

Rifles, you say. Hmmmmmm, I may need to rethink (i.e. increase) my next order in that case. Do you have all of the Rifles figures listed in the catalog now?

As for the green paint, hopefully the shortage will sort itself out soon. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
MD

Added a few more details today, including the base coat of the Officers crimson sash. These two are from the 93rd Highlanders. The Kilt and Trews are the same tartan as the Black Watch i.e. Goverment pattern, so all four figures will have the same colours applied.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 67.jpg
    alma 67.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 116
  • alma 68.jpg
    alma 68.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 115
42nd Highlanders - same details added as above except different facing colours of course.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 69.jpg
    alma 69.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 121
  • alma 70.jpg
    alma 70.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 123
I've been looking forward to these Highlanders, Jeff. Glad you will be doing a couple of different regiments too. I've never attempted to paint tartan....not sure I'm capable of that, so it's always impressive to see it done well as in some of your other recent projects.

MD

I've been looking forward to these Highlanders, Jeff. Glad you will be doing a couple of different regiments too. I've never attempted to paint tartan....not sure I'm capable of that, so it's always impressive to see it done well as in some of your other recent projects.

MD

Don't let him fool you Dave, Jeff cheats. He has a standing order with a paint company for Tartan paint ;) gallons of the stuff he buys, Simon says he has seen the tankers flying down the M1.

Attachments

• tartan-paint.jpg
    tartan-paint.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 115
Don't let him fool you Dave, Jeff cheats. He has a standing order with a paint company for Tartan paint ;) gallons of the stuff he buys, Simon says he has seen the tankers flying down the M1.

LOL..Yeah!......and that's about the size of the brush I shall be using as well :p:D

Jeff

Attachments

• tartan-paint.jpg
    tartan-paint.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 122

MD

Dave, What I'll do then is a step-by-step photo showing how I build up the tartan pattern colour by colour. Mind - this is the way I paint and not necessarily the right way ;)

Jeff

LOL..Yeah!......and that's about the size of the brush I shall be using as well :p:D

Jeff

Well! Thanks for the insider tip, guys. No wonder you make it look so easy, Jeff. That brush looks about the right size to me too by the way....at least for the detailed bits.

And, in all honesty, I would appreciate very much a good step by step on the tartan painting process. :)

MD

Hmmmm...... if this is still available in this country, I might be able to distill some of the green, from the blue and black. Anyone know the boiling point of green paint, blue paint and black paint? :D

Hmmmm...... if this is still available in this country, I might be able to distill some of the green, from the blue and black. Anyone know the boiling point of green paint, blue paint and black paint? :D

No, no, no.…. Simon, there is a much easier way to obtain some green paint, there's a guy on this forum who has loads of it and posted a picture some time ago to prove it, lives up country apparently ;) :p :rolleyes: :D

Hopes this helps.

Jeff

Attachments

• green paint.jpg
    green paint.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 137
What to do on a snowy day?.........a little bit more painting on these fellows.

All right Dick you can stop praying now! :rolleyes:

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 71.jpg
    alma 71.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 121
  • alma 72.jpg
    alma 72.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 125

Users who are viewing this thread

Back