Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (3 Viewers)

Here we have the Coldstream Guardsman assembled and awaiting undercoating. A good design of parts so the brass rod used as the ramrod fits perfectly.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 244.jpg
    alma 244.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 168
And with a couple of light coats of grey undercoat.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 245.jpg
    alma 245.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 159
  • alma 246.jpg
    alma 246.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 172
Apologies to all who have been following this thread but due to family matters I have not been able to get started painting on these over the last few weeks. I hope to be able to get going again in about a week’s time.

Thanks

Jeff

No need to apologize, Jeff! I just hope all is well with you and yours!

Jim

Jeff,

as they say... 'A man's got to do, what a man's got to do' and you still have the troops to paint when the 'business' is done, so I hope you can find some time this weeknd to enjpy yourself and get that red coat started!

regards,

John

It's been a long time since there was any advancement from the undercoating stage, so today I thought that I would get going by painting the greatcoats on the Russians. It's good to get the smell of gloss paint in the nostrils again! :eek::cool:

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 247.jpg
    alma 247.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 131
Yo Jeff, nice to see you back painting mate:D Must get a list of what I need doing:eek:lol.
Bernard.;)

Jeff,

looks like the troops have been into the melted chocolate while you weren't looking :) :)

Maybe they need a good ticking off, and so I'm really looking forward to thier next photographic session :)

Keep up the good work,

John

Jeff,

looks like the troops have been into the melted chocolate while you weren't looking :) :)
Maybe they need a good ticking off, and so I'm really looking forward to thier next photographic session :)

Keep up the good work,

John

John,

Yes! I see what you mean :D But Christmas is coming up so I may use them as tree decorations. :eek:

Jeff

John,

Yes! I see what you mean :D But Christmas is coming up so I may use them as tree decorations. :eek:

Jeff

Decided not to use them as tree decorations :rolleyes: and so added some of the basic colours today.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 248.jpg
    alma 248.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 113
  • alma 249.jpg
    alma 249.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 117
  • alma 250.jpg
    alma 250.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 115
  • alma 251.jpg
    alma 251.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 115
Oh, nooo, :eek:
There goes the Chocolate Dream :D
Good to see your brush at work again, Jeff :)
Konrad

Hello Jeff,
They look nice enough but are maybe a bit heavy to hang on a Christmas tree...
Michel

It's been a long time since there was any advancement from the undercoating stage, so today I thought that I would get going by painting the greatcoats on the Russians. It's good to get the smell of gloss paint in the nostrils again! :eek::cool:

Jeff

Oh, nooo, :eek:
There goes the Chocolate Dream :D
Good to see your brush at work again, Jeff :)
Konrad

Hello Jeff,
They look nice enough but are maybe a bit heavy to hang on a Christmas tree...Michel

It's been difficult to get any painting done over the last couple of months as both of you know, but hopefully now I have managed to get going again we shall see some results soon. :)

Jeff

Jeff,

its very interesting to me seeing the stages that you use to paint your figures.

I always complete the faces first, as that way I seem to 'connect' with the personality of the figure, while I'm painting the rest of his uniform. OK, I know that sounds a bit way out, or I've been sniffing the thinners. but I like to see that face :)

After the coat, I then paint the belts, leaving packs until last, and if they are separate back packs, they get attached when the figure is almost finished, so I can get right into paint the straps.

Looking forward to the next installment.

By the way, it was abit too hot to paint this weekend, 39c ...phew....

John

Jeff,

its very interesting to me seeing the stages that you use to paint your figures.

I always complete the faces first, as that way I seem to 'connect' with the personality of the figure, while I'm painting the rest of his uniform. OK, I know that sounds a bit way out, or I've been sniffing the thinners. but I like to see that face :)

After the coat, I then paint the belts, leaving packs until last, and if they are separate back packs, they get attached when the figure is almost finished, so I can get right into paint the straps.

Looking forward to the next installment.

By the way, it was abit too hot to paint this weekend, 39c ...phew....

John

John, this has been raised a number of times in the past! :D:D

I'm beginning to get back into the swing of things now and so added a few more colours today. I hope to continue over the next few days – fingers crossed.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 252.jpg
    alma 252.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 130
  • alma 253.jpg
    alma 253.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 132
  • alma 254.jpg
    alma 254.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 127
  • alma 255.jpg
    alma 255.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 126
Look great Jeff. And not a drop of green to be seen! ;)

A little drop here and there! :D This is dark green mixed with a little light grey and tan to give a more mid to dark shade.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 256.jpg
    alma 256.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 111
Good to see you back at it Jeff and knew you wouldn't disappoint. Simons gonna love all that green or is he into blue these days :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back