Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (1 Viewer)

A little drop here and there! :D This is dark green mixed with a little light grey and tan to give a more mid to dark shade.

Jeff

Ah, that must be that special helium impregnated green paint. I'd get some lead based metallic paint on that barrel quick, or you'll be finishing it upside down on the ceiling. :p

Barrel was painted in a bronze colour mixed from gold and black. Ironwork will be next for a coat of paint.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 257.jpg
    alma 257.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 167
That bronze color came out very well, Jeff,
and what a lovely GREEN you got there.
I like it a lot.
Konrad

Jeff,
I do like that bronze colour you use for the barrel. I have used Humbrol bronze, but its not right, nor is brass, too light but yours looks just right.

Thanks for the tip :)

John

That bronze color came out very well, Jeff,
and what a lovely GREEN you got there.
I like it a lot.
Konrad

Jeff,
I do like that bronze colour you use for the barrel. I have used Humbrol bronze, but its not right, nor is brass, too light but yours looks just right.

Thanks for the tip :)

John

Nice to see the progress Jeff !

Thanks chaps! :D

I mix one third gold and two thirds black.

Jeff

I really like the look of these figures, but I have not been able to find a link/web-site for where the kits can be purchased.

Can anybody help out?

Thanks.

I really like the look of these figures, but I have not been able to find a link/web-site for where the kits can be purchased.

Can anybody help out?

Thanks.

If you drop Michel (Mardasson) a PM, I'm sure he can help. They are top quality figures.

Can anybody help out?

Thanks.

If you drop Michel (Mardasson) a PM, I'm sure he can help. They are top quality figures.

They are indeed! :)

Jeff

Btw, the Russian cannon is now finished, just waiting for the camera's battery to re-charge and then I will post a couple of photos.

They are indeed! :)

Jeff

Btw, the Russian cannon is now finished, just waiting for the camera's battery to re-charge and then I will post a couple of photos.

The ironwork was painted using a mix of 2/3rds black to 1/3rd silver. Now the cannon is finished it will be back to the figures next.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 258.jpg
    alma 258.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 218
  • alma 259.jpg
    alma 259.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 229
  • alma 260.jpg
    alma 260.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 213
  • alma 261.jpg
    alma 261.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 233
Jeff,

thats one of the nicest paint finishes I've seen on a gun. I think your mix od balck/silver is much better that what I use, Humbrol Gun Metal, which is a bit too silver, and your bronxe loks just right, after seeing some old muzzle loaders in the park, so I now have something to aim for with my painting.

Well done, and I'm looking forward to seeing the gunners now,

John

Jeff,

thats one of the nicest paint finishes I've seen on a gun. I think your mix of black/silver is much better that what I use, Humbrol Gun Metal, which is a bit too silver, and your bronze looks just right, after seeing some old muzzle loaders in the park, so I now have something to aim for with my painting.

Well done, and I'm looking forward to seeing the gunners now,

John

Thanks John, I've never liked the straight from the tin metallic finish and so have always mixed using a good percentage of black - gives a more old/antique kind of look.

Yes, on with the Gunners!! :D

Jeff

Thanks John, I've never liked the straight from the tin metallic finish and so have always mixed using a good percentage of black - gives a more old/antique kind of look.

Yes, on with the Gunners!! :D

Jeff

Sorry for the lack of progress :eek: but I have managed to add a few details here and there over the last few days and will post a photo or two tomorrow.

Jeff

I've got some pictures of samples painted according to Jeff's masters.
Michel

Guards firing line
Guards_Firing_petit.jpg

Guards advancing
Guards_Advancing_petit.jpg

Sorry for the lack of progress :eek: but I have managed to add a few details here and there over the last few days and will post a photo or two tomorrow.

Jeff

Delayed, but faces and head dress completed.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 262.jpg
    alma 262.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 198
While I'm waiting for the paint to dry on the figures I thought Simon (Wraith) would appreciate seeing the detail on the flag – especially the colour of the background! :D

Not my choice but I’ll go along with Michel’s decision. :rolleyes::D

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 263.jpg
    alma 263.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 155
  • alma 264.jpg
    alma 264.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 189

Users who are viewing this thread

Back