Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (1 Viewer)

Very nice detail work, Jeff, you're good at this ;)
The finished flag is going to be wonderful.
Looking forward to seeing it.
Konrad

Last edited:
Very nice detail work, Jeff, you're good at this ;)
The finished flag is going to be wonderful.
Looking forward to seeing it.
Konrad

Getting better at it - hopefully! ;)

Not quite finished yet - but the corner details of the Imperial cipher and the second coat of white completed today, so the ribbons, background (green touch up) and the staff to go.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 269.jpg
    alma 269.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 122

Not quite finished yet - but the corner details of the Imperial cipher and the second coat of white completed today, so the ribbons, background (green touch up) and the staff to go.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Bravo! You are doing your usual outstanding job of painting. Your flag looks wonderful! Everytime I observe your progress with painting a given item, I wonder how you could possibly top your last effort. And, then I discover how you can!

Thanks for sharing the flag. I shall look forward to the final product!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Beautiful Jeff, flags certainly require some skill. This one is a testament to yours.

Regards

Scott

Michel,

thanks for the offer of detailed descriptions of the flags. Yes Please!! Send it over as I really like to get my painting correct and to show off your figures as accurately as I can.

John

John,

Article has just been scanned and mailed !
If anyone else interested, just let me know.

Michel

Jeff

Very nice Jeff !!

Michel

Michel,

Flag descriptions have all arirved safely, I'll reformat to a .PDF so its one document and send it back to you for distribution,

thanks,
John

Great job, Jeff,
the flag looks fantastic.
You are setting the bar high for the painters of this line ;) :)
Konrad

Great job, Jeff. I was wondering if you had a small enough brush to clean up the gold "bleed", and you sure did. Beautiful flag. -- Al

Great job, Jeff. I was wondering if you had a small enough brush to clean up the gold "bleed", and you sure did. Beautiful flag. -- Al

Al, It's not the size of the brush but the tip that does the fine work. :eek:

Nice work Jeff as always.

Chuck

Great job, Jeff,
the flag looks fantastic.
You are setting the bar high for the painters of this line ;)
Konrad

Konrad, thanks, but they did a very good job on the British Guardsmen.

Al, thanks, I have a brush that has about 6 hairs left (trimmed down over the years) :eek:

Al, It's not the size of the brush but the tip that does the fine work. :eek:

Nice work Jeff as always.

Chuck

Chuck, thanks, all the raised detail on the casting really helps guide the tip into the right places. ;)

Very nice Jeff and both sides too, clever bugger :D

Nah, he just reversed the image in photoshop. :p

Cracking job on the flag Jeff, very neat and rich in colour.

Cheers! :) Scott, Simon is quite right - I did use Photoshop or is that Paintshop Pro? but only on the non-green colours :rolleyes::D

Very nice job Jeff !

Michel, I'm glad you like it - a nice choice of colours you made there! :D

Jeff

Al,

I have repainted my flag,

rus_flag.jpg
and thanks for picking the error of my ways :)

I've also overwritten the old image, so you won't find it in this Thread now........

Michel,

thanks for the deatiled description of the flag, I'll email you some new hi-res images too,

regards,

John

Jeff,

even the dragon is green :)

Its under St George who is mounted on a white horse, in the red shield, on the chest of the double headed black eagle on the orange circle.

john

Users who are viewing this thread

Back