Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (2 Viewers)

John, looks much better in Green :cool: what do you say Simon? :D

Jeff

Jeff,

even the dragon is green :)

Its under St George who is mounted on a white horse, in the red shield, on the chest of the double headed black eagle on the orange circle.

john

Green is very over-rated, and not in the least bit fashionable. You visit any of the Paris flag fashion shows, and you'll discover blue is the new green.

That said, cracking paint job John, very nicely done.

The Russians don't appear so drab after the first coat of white on the cross belts etc and when the top (second) coat has dried the greatcoats will be touched up when they get their second coat (I find it easier to paint up to a raised detail than away from it).

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 272.jpg
    alma 272.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 174
The Russians don't appear so drab after the first coat of white on the cross belts etc and when the top (second) coat has dried the greatcoats will be touched up when they get their second coat (I find it easier to paint up to a raised detail than away from it).

Jeff

This has been achieved and the detail on the flag bearers back pack completed. Nearly there - buckles, buttons etc to go.........

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 273.jpg
    alma 273.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 150
  • alma 274.jpg
    alma 274.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 151
Neat job Jeff. The 'matt' in me is just wanting to dirty up those nice white bits. :)

Michel, I'm glad your happy with these as they are finished now and I will post the photos tomorrow

The Russians are now complete (just need to fix the flag to the standard bearer figure).

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 275.jpg
    alma 275.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 136
  • alma 276.jpg
    alma 276.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 130
  • alma 277.jpg
    alma 277.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 134
  • alma 278.jpg
    alma 278.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 128
  • alma 279.jpg
    alma 279.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 129
Hi Jeff,

As usual, your painting is awesome! I cannot tell you how much I enjoy watching you utilize your talent. I am truly appreciative of your willingness to share your work with us step by step.

Often, I have wished I could paint as well as you. Your work provides me with a goal for which to strive.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Jeff,

well done.... I do love the gloss finish and I'm sure Michel will be very pleased to see his figures shining too.Thanks for all the progress painting shots, its good to see your technique and other will gain from that.

John

Hi Jeff,

As usual, your painting is awesome! I cannot tell you how much I enjoy watching you utilize your talent. I am truly appreciative of your willingness to share your work with us step by step.

Often, I have wished I could paint as well as you. Your work provides me with a goal for which to strive.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Jeff,

well done.... I do love the gloss finish and I'm sure Michel will be very pleased to see his figures shining too.Thanks for all the progress painting shots, its good to see your technique and other will gain from that.

John

Pat and John, thank you both for your support. :)

The Standard Bearer has now been reunited with the flag.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 280.jpg
    alma 280.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 124
  • alma 281.jpg
    alma 281.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 123
  • alma 282.jpg
    alma 282.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 127
  • alma 283.jpg
    alma 283.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 127
Jeff,

of yes, I remember seeing the Coldstreams in an earlier message.....

that reminds me, I have a small grouping of French Infantry to do as well...... better get them started soon, well the Easter break could be a good time.... I'll keep you posted....

John

Jeff,

of yes, I remember seeing the Coldstreams in an earlier message.....

that reminds me, I have a small grouping of French Infantry to do as well...... better get them started soon, well the Easter break could be a good time.... I'll keep you posted....

John

John,

I painted a few of these earlier on in this thread - very colourful.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 228.jpg
    alma 228.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 235
Been awhile since I visited this thread an sure have missed out on some of your goodies I have'nt seen earlier Jeff. Once again what a pleasure it is to see the paint brush that turns magical when it's in your hands.

Jeff,

love that gloss finish, its so vibrant!

The troops still have to paint are the line infantry, like this guy, finished as a Chasseur:
alamfrench.jpg

I'll do the others with the various headdress and uniforms of the line infantry and light infantry.

I've painted the Zouaves a few years back and got them from Mike who started the company in UK, and they were the first figures from Alma I had in my collection:

alma_z.jpg

2z.jpg

Been awhile since I visited this thread an sure have missed out on some of your goodies I have'nt seen earlier Jeff. Once again what a pleasure it is to see the paint brush that turns magical when it's in your hands.

Thanks Joe, the old paint brush is down to the last 6 hairs now! :rolleyes: I wish it was magical as it would save the old eyes ;):D

Jeff

Remember this fella? :eek: As spring has sprung here at last and there is an abundance of sunshine to provide natural light to paint by, I thought I should get cracking with the paintbrush and get the white crossbelts etc finished.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 284.jpg
    alma 284.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 170
  • alma 285.jpg
    alma 285.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 166
  • alma 286.jpg
    alma 286.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 177

Users who are viewing this thread