Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (2 Viewers)

Just a bit of an update…….Alma Figures should be at the London show at the end of this month and hopefully Michel will have some painted sets for sale as well as unpainted castings. If this comes about I will take some photos and post the results here. :)

Jeff

I just read all 641 posts to this thread over the last few hours. It is facinating to watch your work in progress. Those are some really nice figures.

Jeff,

Have you seen Michel's new website? Its still in progress, but there are some wonderful images of his Alma figures to see.

I'm planing on meeting up with him in London at the show.

Presently in Istanbul, so I'm on my way :)

regards,

John

Jeff,

Have you seen Michel's new website? Its still in progress, but there are some wonderful images of his Alma figures to see.

regards,

John

John, I have seen the website and the photos are from this thread.

Hope you are having fun. :)

Jeff

Jeff,

regards,

John

Hi John and Jeff,
It's so much in progress and there is still so much to do that I will wait some times beffore promoting it.
And as Jeff rightly mentioned the nice pictures are from this thread and were taken by him.

The first figures painted based on Jeff's masters are on there way to Belgium.
I hope to get them for the June Show . There should be some Guards and some Zouaves (but not much of them).
When I'll get thzm. I put some pictures here.

Regards and enjoy yourself inTurkey !

Mihce

Just a bit of an update…….Alma Figures should be at the London show at the end of this month and hopefully Michel will have some painted sets for sale as well as unpainted castings. If this comes about I will take some photos and post the results here. :)

Jeff

For those that haven't checked out the show thread yet, Michel as in attedance and had both castings and painted figures for sale.

Jeff

Attachments

• Alma01.jpg
    Alma01.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Alma02.jpg
    Alma02.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Alma03.jpg
    Alma03.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Alma04.jpg
    Alma04.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 145
Not bad at all imho......the factory painted ones that is. ;)

And yes I have a small contingent of French Light Infantry to paint as masters, so this tread will be continuing for a while longer.......

Jeff

Attachments

• Alma05.jpg
    Alma05.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Alma06.jpg
    Alma06.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Alma07.jpg
    Alma07.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Alma08.jpg
    Alma08.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 152
For those that haven't checked out the show thread yet, Michel as in attedance and had both castings and painted figures for sale.

Jeff

Thanks for the coverage Jeff !
I'm very happy that some Alma kits and painted figures have found new homes.
Also very encouraging were the comments of several attendees that they were glad the Alma range was backon the market.

Michel

Also very encouraging were the comments of several attendees that they were glad the Alma range was backon the market.

Michel

Your figures look beautiful Michel !! Well Done, I also noted that familiar Durbar wall :D also very nice :)

Michel

The least I could do after all that beer you gave me to carry home! ;):D Thanks again for that. :)

Jeff

Cropped a few photos to give a better idea of the painting finish on these figures, not bad at all in my book!:)

Here we have some French.

Jeff

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 204
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 194
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 201
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 198
And the British.

Jeff

Attachments

• a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 215
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 206
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 215
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 214
Well it's been three and a half months since I finished the last figure of a Coldstream Guardsman and I did say that I was giving painting a rest, But after a bit of a break and a re-think on life's priorities I have decided to paint a few more figures for Michel. So here we are again this time five French Light Infantry go under the paintbrush.

Multi part kits with a choice of heads, packs and arms go to make up various types of French Infantry. Michel will be deciding soon which way to go but until then here are the castings.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 292.jpg
    alma 292.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 175
  • alma 293.jpg
    alma 293.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 171
  • alma 294.jpg
    alma 294.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 166
  • alma 295.jpg
    alma 295.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 178
  • alma 296.jpg
    alma 296.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 173
Excellent Jeff it is good to see you back with the brush. Looking forward to seeing the progress on these figures.

Don't think there's any green on these ones is there Jeff?
Look forward to you dusting off your emulsion brushes. ;)

Don't think there's any green on these ones is there Jeff?
Look forward to you dusting off your emulsion brushes. ;)

Jeff cold always paint the epaulettes of a Chasseur a Pied green, just to 'please you' :)

John

Can't believe that it’s been over three months since the last post. :eek:

Michel’s been away and busy and so the decision making process as to which units are to be represented was delayed. All is now back on track and tomorrow I will post a few photos of the assembled castings and a bit of info on how they are to be painted. :)

Jeff

Can't believe that it’s been over two and a half months since the last post. :eek:

Michel’s been away and busy and so the decision making process as to which units are to be represented was delayed. All is now back on track and tomorrow I will post a few photos of the assembled castings and a bit of info on how they are to be painted. :)

Jeff

Good to hear Jeff and looking forward to seeing the continuation of this thread, always a pleasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back