Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (2 Viewers)

Alright! My favorite painting thread is back on line.:D -- Al

Thanks Al, I think you might enjoy these? :rolleyes::D

From the left....

A Chasseur à Pied of the 1st battalion of the Chasseurs à Pied

A Voltigeur of the 7th regiment of Light Infantry

Flag bearer as a Sous-Lieutenant of the Carabinier of the 7th regiment of Light Infantry

A Chasseur of the 7th regiment of Light Infantry

And not a lot of green! :eek::D

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 297.jpg
    alma 297.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 215
  • alma 298.jpg
    alma 298.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 225
  • alma 299.jpg
    alma 299.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 211
Jeff, great to see more ALMA figures on the Forum.

We must have been thinking exactly the same thing.... goto paint some more for Michel, so last week I painted my Russian Artilley gun and gunners, I was hoping to post them on the site this weekend, after I've photographed, but you have beaten me to post.

I'm sure looking forward to your Frenchmen, keep up the good work,

John

John, these are great looking figures.....the detail just shines through after being undercoated with the usual grey car primer.

The flag will be finished and then glued into place after painting.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 300.jpg
    alma 300.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 308
  • alma 301.jpg
    alma 301.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 293
  • alma 302.jpg
    alma 302.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 382
Love the French infantry. That dark blue coat lasted a loooong time.:D -- Al

In respone to Jeff's glossy gun and gunners, here is my version, with a matt detailed finish and some dirt and dust on the gun an gunners.

ALMA_arty.jpg

I hope this shows you the way that these wonderful figures can be finished.

For any enquiries regarding the figures, you only have to contact Michel Harlange ( Mardasson) or goto his website Forlorn Hope Soldiershttp://www.forlornhopesoldiers.com/ for deatils.

John

In response to Jeff's glossy gun and gunners, here is my version, with a matt detailed finish and some dirt and dust on the gun an gunners.

ALMA_arty.jpg

I hope this shows you the way that these wonderful figures can be finished.

For any enquiries regarding the figures, you only have to contact Michel Harlange ( Mardasson) or goto his website Forlorn Hope Soldiershttp://www.forlornhopesoldiers.com/ for deatils.

John

Wonderful figures and a Wonderful finish John!.....and I don't just mean the colour of the cannon ;) although I think Simon would have to agree on this one! :p:D

Jeff

John, these are great looking figures.....the detail just shines through after being undercoated with the usual grey car primer.

The flag will be finished and then glued into place after painting.

Jeff

Sorry to have made you wait so long !
I'm always amazed how just the primer coat brings out all the details.
Michel

Fear not this thread is merely resting! I will be starting the brushwork early next week. ;)

Thanks for your patience. :eek:

Jeff

Jeff,

whats are we being 'blessed with' next week ???

Its a bit warm here for painting, the paint tends to dry on the brush between pot and figure... but I'll battle on.... :)

John

PS I won't mention the cricket :(

John

I have been trying to find out information about alba castings available to purchase. So far I have found the website "forlorn hope soldiers" which gives a printed list of items available - but am unable to find information on prices for each casting, and where available from, ordering information etc.

Can anyone out there tell me how much - from where - and how to order - how to pay? The products look fantastic -BUT - I can't seem to find out any more??

Is it just me - or what? - johnnybach

I have been trying to find out information about alba castings available to purchase. So far I have found the website "forlorn hope soldiers" which gives a printed list of items available - but am unable to find information on prices for each casting, and where available from, ordering information etc.

Can anyone out there tell me how much - from where - and how to order - how to pay? The products look fantastic -BUT - I can't seem to find out any more??

Is it just me - or what? - johnnybach

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in the Alma Figures range.
www.forlornhopesoldiers.com is the correct site.
I've sent you an email with details.

Best regards,

Michel

Thanks for the information Michael.

I have replied - and understand that the Forlornhope site is the correct one for ordering and is still under construction. I will be ordering some in the future - as I think the figures I have seen are fantastic.

Looks like I jumped the gun a wee bit - but be aware - there WILL be a demand out here for your products - so please let us all know how to easily get hold of them.

The very best of luck with your venture - and thanks for the reply. I will be in touch

johnnybach

Fear not this thread is merely resting! I will be starting the brushwork early next week. ;)

Thanks for your patience. :eek:

Jeff

I dusted the figures off and got the paint out, the first coat of dark blue.......well it's a start. ;)

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 303.jpg
    alma 303.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 111

Users who are viewing this thread

Back