Alma Figures Crimean War - Gloss and Matt (3 Viewers)

Must be nice to be able to choose a shade of green from a selection of green paints, which no doubt, you keep in your special 'green paint only' cupboard. :rolleyes::D

From all the posts I read on that subject, it must not be a cupboard but a warehouse :D
Michel

But if you ask him, he'll claim to only have a couple of tins. We know better....;)

Michel,

Simon posted this on the FIW British Artillery thread! :eek:

"Green? Got loads of the stuff.

I seem to have run out of blue though......

Jeff, I'll second the look of that barrel, looks a very nice finish.

Simon"

I rest my case M'Lud!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

Jeff

Attachments

• j012.jpg
    j012.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 186
Err...um... it was a bit of a mistype, what I meant to say was I've got loads of erm....blue! Yeah, that's it, blue!

So what you see here is a photo taken with a poor quality camera. Urm...the lighting....yep, think I'm on to something here.....the lighting is from a soft glow lightbulb, which has a distinct yellow hue. And...er...as we all know, the yellow hue from the light, shining on the blue paint tins, give's the appearance that they're actually green, when in fact, when logic is applied to this photographic evidence, they cannot be! It's impossible!

Phew!

And so rests the case for the defence M'Lud. :cool:

Cast your verdicts now.

(And BTW, how long did it take you to unearth that photo?)

Err...um... it was a bit of a mistype, what I meant to say was I've got loads of erm....blue! Yeah, that's it, blue!

So what you see here is a photo taken with a poor quality camera. Urm...the lighting....yep, think I'm on to something here.....the lighting is from a soft glow lightbulb, which has a distinct yellow hue. And...er...as we all know, the yellow hue from the light, shining on the blue paint tins, give's the appearance that they're actually green, when in fact, when logic is applied to this photographic evidence, they cannot be! It's impossible!

Phew!

And so rests the case for the defence M'Lud. :cool:

Cast your verdicts now.

(And BTW, how long did it take you to unearth that photo?)

About 5 seconds! I had saved it to my PC for future use :p

Jeff

Jeff,

Figure looks superb. Well painted and enjoyed the ride along.

Simon

Simon,

Green paint jokes aside, thanks for your continual support on my painting threads, helps keep me going.

Btw, did you ever finish off the 24th?

Cheers

Jeff

Simon,

Green paint jokes aside, thanks for your continual support on my painting threads, helps keep me going.

Btw, did you ever finish off the 24th?

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the progress Jeff.

Re the 24th, they must have all of 15 minutes worth of painting left to do on them. Now you've got it in my head, I'll finish them off this weekend.

Cheers
Simon

Jeff - I have to add my thx to you as well for posting updates on your painting process. Very enjoyable and nicely painted figures! Would love to see more.

Thx,

Jim

Jeff - I have to add my thx to you as well for posting updates on your painting process. Very enjoyable and nicely painted figures! Would love to see more.

Thx,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Nice of you to say so, I have to finish the remaining 3 Guardsmen and then carry on with the more complicated Highlanders, so there will be quite a few more photos.

Jeff

I painted the figure's base to Michel's requirements and this one is now completed. I really wanted to see what these figures looked like finished that's why I ploughed on ahead with just one figure, so now my next task is to finish off the other 3.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 52.jpg
    alma 52.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 185
I'm still playing catch up with the others so I thought I would keep the thread going by showing a before and after photo.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 53.jpg
    alma 53.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 203
  • alma 52.jpg
    alma 52.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 201
He turned out great Jeff. (as if he wouldn't :rolleyes:) Looking forward to seeing the next troops that are set to go under the brush.

He turned out great Jeff. (as if he wouldn't :rolleyes:) Looking forward to seeing the next troops that are set to go under the brush.

Thank you Scott :)

A nice sunny day today!...and so plenty of daylight to paint in. The remaining 3 Guardsmen have had the matt white (crappy stage imho :eek:) treatment, so we are gradually getting there.

Jeff

Attachments

• alma 54.jpg
    alma 54.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 161
Yo Jeff, just starting to come out of hibernation lol, the Troops are looking great, but I knew they would anyway. Delighted with the Cannon looks real class, will send an email later with this years list:eek: lol only kidding, well sort of lol. Will be posting some of the latest Chas Stadden figures I have bought over Xmas in the Matt section in a few minutes.
Bernard.:D

Looking excellent as usual, Jeff. I am hoping to resume painting on my guys soon as well, but you've set a high standard here. :)

MD

I am hoping to resume painting on my guys soon as well :)

MD

Dave,

I have managed a bit more today adding the gloss white coat over the matt and touching up the equipment etc. I hope to get the red tunics finished tomorrow and post a couple of photos - I know poor old Michel must be chomping at the bit to see the end result of all four guardsmen.

Jeff

Dave,

I have managed a bit more today adding the gloss white coat over the matt and touching up the equipment etc. I hope to get the red tunics finished tomorrow and post a couple of photos - I know poor old Michel must be chomping at the bit to see the end result of all four guardsmen.

Jeff

You are an inspiration to us all, Jeff. I wish I had at least a fraction of your stick-to-it-iveness. I suspect Michel is very, very pleased with how these are coming along. :)

MD

Have actually done a bit more painting today, and hoping to keep at them throughout the weekend, so hopefully some photos with progress in the next couple of days.......

MD

I suspect Michel is very, very pleased with how these are coming along. :)
MD

Hi Dave,
You suspect very well !
I'm always stunned the way Jeff bring the casting to live !
Regards,
Michel
PS: and I'm also impatient to see your pictures :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back