Baseball 2011 (4 Viewers)

Fair enough. You are correct, the Cards to have some pitching issues, so it will be interesting to watch. Carpenter was masterful last night, but the same can't be expected of most of the rest of the rotation. I did see that the Phils have Halladay listed as the starter for Game 1. He is always an imposing opponent and more often than not, is just as dominant as Carp was yesterday.

Noah

About those RED SUCKS
7 and 20 for september
I don't care if Tempa Bay was playing Long Island
7 and 20 go home
Bottom of 9th 2 out and Papelblown blew it go home
Beginning of season everybody picked Boston to go to World series
they forgot about Yankee Pride

Now that the dust settled from yesterday (but not the shouting I'm sure), we probably witnessed yesterday one of the great days in baseball history where two of the greatest comebacks in the history of this game were made. I've been watching baseball for 50 years and never saw the likes of this. It was an amazing evening. Apparently, the Yankees haven't given up the lead like that in many a year and it was the size of the comeback that made the Wild Card in the AL compelling.

I'm sure that on the losing sides, there are moments that will haunt the Red Sox and Braves management, teams and fans will haunt for years. I remember this happening to the Mets back in 2007 and going into the final day after a stirring Saturday (when John Mayne pitched a one-hitter), you had barely settled into your seats when Tom Glavine gave up a multitude of runs and -- bang, just like that -- the day, the season was over. After it was all over, they asked Glavine about it and he said something like, oh, it was just one of those days, very nonchalant like. Thank goodness that was his last game in a Mets uniform, the scum :mad:

George, from a lifelong Yankee fan, our loss to the Rays did not sit well with me. Had we used Robertson and Rivera in the 8th and 9th, the Rays legit lose that game. With the Sox loss, a 1 game playoff between the 2 would determine the Wild card and everyone else's hands would be clean. That is how it should have gone down. The Rays can celebrate a comeback against out minor leaguers and part time mop up guys, but in reality, we owned them last night and should have made them earn the berth...No doubt I hate the Red Sox, but you should have taken care of your own business and I would not feel so bad today. This is not a rub, but how I honestly am taking our loss last night. Michael

Michael,
I appreciate what you are saying, but at the same time, the Red Sox should never have put themselves in this position to begin with, they blew a 9 and 1/2 game lead in the month of September, which is the greatest collapse in the history of baseball.

It's not up to the Yankees to help the Red Sox, it's up to the Red Sox to help themselves.

Talk radio here has been off the charts today, everything from fire Tito, fire Theo, blow up the team and start over, it's comical, some people really need to get a life, it's just sports, not life or death.

Good luck to the Yankees in the playoffs, it's all in front of them now, take care of business at home and get to the World Series, won't be an easy road, but nothing worth having ever is.

It wouldn't shock me to see any of the four AL teams get to the World Series, nor any of the NL teams as well, it's completely up for grabs now.

About those RED SUCKS
7 and 20 for september
I don't care if Tempa Bay was playing Long Island
7 and 20 go home
Bottom of 9th 2 out and Papelblown blew it go home
Beginning of season everybody picked Boston to go to World series
they forgot about Yankee Pride

Yankee pride, coming soon to a ballpark near you.

Thanks for making me laugh, this is priceless stuff, keep me posted on how the playoffs work out, I'll be watching.

Michael,
I appreciate what you are saying, but at the same time, the Red Sox should never have put themselves in this position to begin with, they blew a 9 and 1/2 game lead in the month of September, which is the greatest collapse in the history of baseball.

It's not up to the Yankees to help the Red Sox, it's up to the Red Sox to help themselves.

Talk radio here has been off the charts today, everything from fire Tito, fire Theo, blow up the team and start over, it's comical, some people really need to get a life, it's just sports, not life or death.

Good luck to the Yankees in the playoffs, it's all in front of them now, take care of business at home and get to the World Series, won't be an easy road, but nothing worth having ever is.

It wouldn't shock me to see any of the four AL teams get to the World Series, nor any of the NL teams as well, it's completely up for grabs now.

Dan Shaugnessey was on with Francesa saying that Tito won't be back and that Theo has worn out his welcome.

Dan Shaugnessey was on with Francesa saying that Tito won't be back and that Theo has worn out his welcome.

Good, I'll drive them both to the airport.

Rumor is the owners are beyond pissed at this total meltdown, two years in a row missing the playoffs, one or both of them will be shown the door, the team was in a coma for six weeks, heads will roll.

I'm just glad it's over, watching this team sleepwalk through the past six weeks was no fun.

The Bruins raise banner #6 a week from tonight, will be there to see it.

One door closes, another opens.

Rick Peterson, former pitching coach for the As, Mets and Brewers, was on WFAN today and in talking about what ocurred yesterday he said the players forgot about the process of winning (one pitch at a time, one batter at a time, etc.) versus saying all we have to do is win. Peterson is quite intelligent and well spoken and it was fascinating to hear him talk about a variety of topics.

I may be alone on this Forum...but all I can say is...ROLL OUT THE BARREL!!

100px-Brewers_logo.jpg

Some of you are part of 'Yankee Nation'...I'm a part of 'a guy watching the game by myself.' It's a lot lonlier being a part of this exclusive club...but that's what happens when people aren't constantly jumping on the bandwagon to pull for a winning team!

I became a Brewers fan in the playoffs of 1982. Last week I celebrated the clinching of a division title for the first time...ever. With Fielder about to head out of Dodge...this is our year!

One of the callers today on talk radio said the Yankees losing the series to the Rays thus paving the way for them to make the playoffs may come back to haunt them because the Rays are now the classic "team nobody wants to play" as they are on a roll, to which the host pointed out the only team the Rays beat down the stretch was the Red Sox and he's right; they swept the Sox in Tampa and won 2 of 3 here, that's a four game swing.

The Yankees have nothing to worry about regarding the Rays should they both get to the ALCS, not to mention the Rangers and Tigers will have something to say about that.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, throw all 8 teams in a hat and pull any one out and there is your WS winner, nothing would shock me at this point.......

George, from a lifelong Yankee fan, our loss to the Rays did not sit well with me. Had we used Robertson and Rivera in the 8th and 9th, the Rays legit lose that game. With the Sox loss, a 1 game playoff between the 2 would determine the Wild card and everyone else's hands would be clean. That is how it should have gone down. The Rays can celebrate a comeback against out minor leaguers and part time mop up guys, but in reality, we owned them last night and should have made them earn the berth...No doubt I hate the Red Sox, but you should have taken care of your own business and I would not feel so bad today. This is not a rub, but how I honestly am taking our loss last night. Michael
I had the same feeling in the pit of my stomach. Irregardless of the playoff implications, to blow a 7 run lead is NOT the kind of thing that one wants a team to experience going into the post season. A little momentum is not a bad thing and saving that game could have been a positive from the mental aspect. At the very least, a legitimate attempt to save that game should have been made. Had that been a basic, mid-season game that was blown like that, there would be a huge uproar in NY. I was not happy to see that game get away. -- Al

I had the same feeling in the pit of my stomach. Irregardless of the playoff implications, to blow a 7 run lead is NOT the kind of thing that one wants a team to experience going into the post season. A little momentum is not a bad thing and saving that game could have been a positive from the mental aspect. At the very least, a legitimate attempt to save that game should have been made. Had that been a basic, mid-season game that was blown like that, there would be a huge uproar in NY. I was not happy to see that game get away. -- Al

I don't think it's a big deal. Girardi had made clear that he wasn't going to play his frontline players the whole game and why should he? He needs to get his team ready for the playoffs. Had Mo been in there, we're not even having this kind of discussion. Moreover, last week (or whenever it was, events seem to blend into one another), they played the contenders tough: taking three out of four from the Rays and two out of three from the BoSox. In addition, they didn't end the season too well in 2000 and came away with a WS title.

I wouldn't be concerned. Can't see them losing to Detroit or Rangers/TB.

I don't think it's a big deal. Girardi had made clear that he wasn't going to play his frontline players the whole game and why should he? He needs to get his team ready for the playoffs. Had Mo been in there, we're not even having this kind of discussion. Moreover, last week (or whenever it was, events seem to blend into one another), they played the contenders tough: taking three out of four from the Rays and two out of three from the BoSox. In addition, they didn't end the season too well in 2000 and came away with a WS title.

I wouldn't be concerned. Can't see them losing to Detroit or Rangers/TB.
Hope you're right, Brad. I'm still concerned about the NYY's starting pitching (as I have been most of the season), but it has gotten them this far, so maybe it will be alright. I still see Philly as the WS title favorites. Should be fun. -- Al

Hope you're right, Brad. I'm still concerned about the NYY's starting pitching (as I have been most of the season), but it has gotten them this far, so maybe it will be alright. I still see Philly as the WS title favorites. Should be fun. -- Al

Al,

I don't think that's changed. I just think concerns about blowing a seven run lead in a game that did not mean much to the Yankees are misplaced.

Al,

I don't think that's changed. I just think concerns about blowing a seven run lead in a game that did not mean much to the Yankees are misplaced.
As a NYY fan, I guess I just don't like seeing a "won" game lost, under any circumstances. :tongue: -- Al

How ironic would it be if the Doofin Rays and Yankees make it to the ALCS and the Doofin Rays go on to the World Series; if they had put them away in that game, they still could have (and would have) beaten the Red Sox in a one game playoff in front of 45 rabid fans, but you never know.

Can't wait for those baseball savy Tampa fans to clang away on those moronic cowbells now, pathetic..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back