Baseball 2011 (1 Viewer)

Well the Yankees caught a GIGANTIC break last night with the game being suspended; as a result, Verlander goes in game 3, thus only pitching once in the series instead of twice.

Good for the Yankees, nice to see them catch a break because afterall, they've had no luck at all for the past 90 years or so.

Must have something to do with that "Yankee Pride" Mapleleaf keeps talking about.

George,

I think that may cut both ways. Now, only CC can pitch once. The question will be who has the better pitching after the frontline starter.

George,

I think that may cut both ways. Now, only CC can pitch once. The question will be who has the better pitching after the frontline starter.

Good point Brad; maybe Burnett will be the game 5 starter, then poor Louis will have a stroke.

BUT, with it being the Yankees and all, he'll throw a no hitter.

Grienke pitching on 3 days rest tomorrow...interesting choice. He's been a LOT better at home (the Crew hasn't lost in a home game he's started), but I don't like the idea of pushing him like this. I know he only had 60 pitches the other night, but still...

The Brewers pitchers have had moments of being lights out...and have had moments of stinking up the place. We'll see which ones show up.

Sadly, I'm performing a wedding right in the middle of the game today. I'm tempted to sneak an earbud in...but I fear that I'd annouce, "Do you take Prince Fielder to be your husband..."

Sorry to interrupt the Yankee conversation...as you were.

Grienke pitching on 3 days rest tomorrow...interesting choice. He's been a LOT better at home (the Crew hasn't lost in a home game he's started), but I don't like the idea of pushing him like this. I know he only had 60 pitches the other night, but still...

The Brewers pitchers have had moments of being lights out...and have had moments of stinking up the place. We'll see which ones show up.

Sadly, I'm performing a wedding right in the middle of the game today. I'm tempted to sneak an earbud in...but I fear that I'd annouce, "Do you take Prince Fielder to be your husband..."

Pete,

Why don't you tape it. I think the Brewers actually have the best chance of stopping the Phillies. Here's hoping anyway.

A Yankees Brewers WS would evoke memories of 1957/1958.

Good point Brad; maybe Burnett will be the game 5 starter, then poor Louis will have a stroke.

BUT, with it being the Yankees and all, he'll throw a no hitter.
Good point. I think if Burnett can go 5 innings of decent ball, he should be pulled before he self-destructs and the whole of the NYY Empire throws a collective thrombosis. Me included.:D -- Al

Congratulations to the Brew Crew. Gallardo pitched a beauty. -- Al

I love Lance Berkman, the guy is so money, what a bomb that was off of Doc.

He's one of my all time favorite players, felt bad the way he tanked in New York, so glad the Cardinals grabbed him as they are my third favorite team (Red Sox, Giants, Cardinals).

Way too early to say, but wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if the Cardinals and Doofin Rays, the two teams that made it to the playoffs on the last day of the season, went on to the World Series................

I love Lance Berkman, the guy is so money, what a bomb that was off of Doc.

He's one of my all time favorite players, felt bad the way he tanked in New York, so glad the Cardinals grabbed him as they are my third favorite team (Red Sox, Giants, Cardinals).

Way too early to say, but wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if the Cardinals and Doofin Rays, the two teams that made it to the playoffs on the last day of the season, went on to the World Series................
That HR was a shock. Halliday doesn't give many up to start with and, apparently, this 3 run homer was only the 2nd multi-run homer he has given up this season. Boy, was that crowd QUIET! -- Al

Could be that LaRussa left Kyle Lohse in just a little too long. :rolleyes2: So says Captain Obvious.{sm3} -- Al

Could be that LaRussa left Kyle Lohse in just a little too long. :rolleyes2: So says Captain Obvious.{sm3} -- Al

Lohse was cruising along, actually, wasn't really showing signs of getting tired. but he seemed to hit a wall. Howard's homer looks to have rattled him, and he wasn't able to recover by the time Ibanez came up. But that's the way it goes--you have to be able to deal with the mistakes. Hamels used to get rattled, and Vicente Padilla used to get visibly upset, when he let men on base. Took him a long time to outgrow that.

In any case--go Phils! Both home runs were shots!

And Halladay has settled down, too, after the first two. He's retired 18 Redbirds in a row now.

Howard has one of the sweetest swings in the game, he'd hit 90 home runs if he played in the new Yankee Stadium.....................

Howard has one of the sweetest swings in the game, he'd hit 90 home runs if he played in the new Yankee Stadium.....................

You got that right, George! I feel fortunate for having seen him coming up through the minors, and back then, you could see. Of course, you saw his slow speed, too, but he just looked like a home run hitter. Actually, he looked like a younger version of Mo Vaughn :D but it has always been a treat to see him drive one out.

And now we see The Perfesser at work, LaRussa moving his pitchers around like so many pawns on the chessboard...

You got that right, George! I feel fortunate for having seen him coming up through the minors, and back then, you could see. Of course, you saw his slow speed, too, but he just looked like a home run hitter. Actually, he looked like a younger version of Mo Vaughn :D but it has always been a treat to see him drive one out.

Mo Vaughn; man could he crush a baseball, I remember his first MLB home run at Camden Yards, a monster blast that landed in Yugoslavia................

Well the Yankees caught a GIGANTIC break last night with the game being suspended; as a result, Verlander goes in game 3, thus only pitching once in the series instead of twice.

Good for the Yankees, nice to see them catch a break because afterall, they've had no luck at all for the past 90 years or so.

Must have something to do with that "Yankee Pride" Mapleleaf keeps talking about.

Now George, if I were a religious man, I might think that god was clearly a Yankee fan . . . :wink2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back