Baseball 2011 (1 Viewer)

How ironic would it be if the Doofin Rays and Yankees make it to the ALCS and the Doofin Rays go on to the World Series; if they had put them away in that game, they still could have (and would have) beaten the Red Sox in a one game playoff in front of 45 rabid fans, but you never know.

Can't wait for those baseball savy Tampa fans to clang away on those moronic cowbells now, pathetic..............

If that happens, there would be hell to pay because if they had brought in Rivera, we're not having this discussion. I can just hear Jerome calling into the Fan about it.

I'll worry about the Rays when and if the Yankees have managed to get out of the first round. In my eyes, the first three games are the key to the ALDS.

The Yankees have to win at least 2 out of the first three games in order to have any chance in this series, as Verlander can only pitch one of the final two games. If, as I expect, they lose a low scoring game to Verlander tonight (like 3-1, or 2-0), they are counting on Ivan Nova and Freddie Garcia to win the next two games. While this is possible, I certainly don't like the odds.

If by some miracle the Yanks hold a 2-1 series lead, then the Tigers will either pitch Verlander in game 4 on short rest, or the Yankees, who are going with a three man rotation, will win the series in 4 games behind CC against the Tigers 4th starter.

On the other hand, if the Tigers hold a 2-1 lead in the series, they can hold off Verlander to pitch game 5 on regular rest against Ivan Nova on short rest. The Tigers win a laugher if that is the matchup.

As I have worried about the NNY starting rotation all season, I am certainly not enthusiastic about the match-ups in this series. At mid-season (or even until the last 6 weeks) I would have been a lot more confident about the series against the Tigers as their starting rotation was a one man show. That has changed and the Tiger rotation has become very effective. I just hope the Yankee bats don't get put to sleep by the Tigers. Hey, it's game time! -- Al

Can you believe the Red Sox are firing their manager, Terry Francona?{eek3} The guy has won them their only two championships in the last 90 years, and is, in my opinion, one of the two or three best managers in baseball. The only manager I would rather have for my team than Francona is Mike Scioscia.

How do you blame Francona for the Sox collapse?^&confuse Despite all the incredible injuries (Beckett and Buckholz spent extensive time on the DL in August and September, two out of the 5 best starters in the AL, and Youkilis went on the DL as well), and Carl Crawford playing like garbage, Francona got the Red Sox to Papelbon with the lead three times in the last week of the season. He wins any one of those games, and the Sox are in the playoffs. The manager's job is to get the ball to his closer in the 9th inning with the lead. How can Francona be blamed for a well rested Papelbon, who'd only blown one save previously, collapsing? Even in the last game, Papelbon strikes out the first two hitters in the bottom of the 9th, and has two strikes on the third, when he gives up two doubles and a single to lose the game to Baltimore.

I think the Red Sox are out of their minds if they fire Francona.

It's not a firing but a mutual parting of the ways. The rumor is that he might become the White Sox manager since Ozzie has moved to the Marlins. Sometimes you just need a change of scenery.

It's a shocker. Sometimes you don't know what you had until it's gone.:wink2: -- Al

Cripes! The Rays are making hash out of the Rangers. 8-0 in the 5th. Must be something to that momentum bump from the other night. -- Al

Cripes! The Rays are making hash out of the Rangers. 8-0 in the 5th. Must be something to that momentum bump from the other night. -- Al
Game 1 to the Death Rays in a landslide, 9-0. Texas held to 2 hits.:eek: -- Al

They must be on a high from the other night, plus they had Nat Moore going, who's supposed to be very good. Tomorrow they have James Shields going so the Rangers could be behind the proverbial 8 ball very quickly.

They must be on a high from the other night, plus they had Nat Moore going, who's supposed to be very good. Tomorrow they have James Shields going so the Rangers could be behind the proverbial 8 ball very quickly.

Nat Moore is a stud, he'll be a top 5 pitcher in the AL sooner than later=he'll be wearing pinstripes sooner than later as well............................speaking of pinstripes, Sherman Klump gives up a 301 foot bomb, 1-0 Tigers, which considering who is going for the Tigers, that may be enough.....

The Red Sucks are at it just like the Mess i mean Mets
Randolf was no good, out. Manuel came in, no good , out.
Now this guy got what?? same s--t that the other two had
i mean same team that the other two had. where they finished in standing??
Wasn't the case when Valentine was there too.
I don't blame the Red Sucks to get rid of Francona
Did u guys see that the other night when he drop the ball in center field
then bottom of the 9th, two outs he gave up two runs to loose the game
Francona has to go. Gone.
Now what??

Now what?

Mon ami, maybe you can go root for Les Expos. Oh, I forgot, they left town. Oh, well, there's always hockey :rolleyes2:

The Red SOX, repeat, SOX, are going to hire Bobby Valentine and then fire Epstein, hire Omar Moreno and officially become the Mets.

Any other questions?
The Bosox should hire Jim Riggleman, who can then quit in the middle of the season, saving all this post season angst. Still have a hard time believing the axe fell on Francona. Two WS wins aren't enough? It is a mistake. -- Al

Now what?

Mon ami, maybe you can go root for Les Expos. Oh, I forgot, they left town. Oh, well, there's always hockey :rolleyes2:
Les Expos are now the NATS, who have positioned themselves to be a factor in the NL East. We can always use another fan. Look out Phillies!:wink2: -- Al

Game 1 to the Death Rays in a landslide, 9-0. Texas held to 2 hits.:eek: -- Al

A nice, solid win for the Rays to start their series. I haven't watched many of their games this year, but of these last two I've seen, they are impressive!

Noah

The Bosox should hire Jim Riggleman, who can then quit in the middle of the season, saving all this post season angst. Still have a hard time believing the axe fell on Francona. Two WS wins aren't enough? It is a mistake. -- Al

You know how it goes Al, you can't fire 25 players, so you fire the manager.

Agreed it was a mistake, they should have fired Epstein, he's the guy who gave Terry the likes of Crawford, Drew, Salty, Lachey, Cameron, Scutaro.

I think Terry had enough and walked, I don't think he was fired, who can blame the guy.

Every manager gets hired to get fired, they know that going in.

Everybody keeps saying he was fired but if you look (or try reading) the various statements you'll see that he felt he didn't do a good job and thought that maybe he needed to leave so they could get someone in who could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back