Baseball 2011 (2 Viewers)

IMHO, if the NYY's manage to win this series, they can thank Granderson's circus catch in the 1st inning of the game. That ball falls in, it's 3 runs, if not 4, Burnett is gone, and the bullpen gets burned through AND the NYY's now have to stage a comeback from a demorilizing hole from the get go. That catch changed everything. -- Al

AGREE 1,000,000% with this.

Without that catch, Burnett does his usual meltdown and the Yankees are playing golf today.

Unreal.

BEYOND unreal really.

IMHO, if the NYY's manage to win this series, they can thank Granderson's circus catch in the 1st inning of the game. That ball falls in, it's 3 runs, if not 4, Burnett is gone, and the bullpen gets burned through AND the NYY's now have to stage a comeback from a demorilizing hole from the get go. That catch changed everything. -- Al

I absolutely agree! If the Yankees do anything this season, Granderson's two circus catches in this game will be remembered like Jeter's big cut off play against the A's in 2001.

Tomorrow night I expect we'll hear this from Sterling: "Game over, Division Series over, ahhhhhh, the Yankees win, the Yankees WIN!"

Tomorrow night I expect we'll hear this from Sterling: "Game over, Division Series over, ahhhhhh, the Yankees win, the Yankees WIN!"
I would not be adverse to hearing that.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

I absolutely agree! If the Yankees do anything this season, Granderson's two circus catches in this game will be remembered like Jeter's big cut off play against the A's in 2001.

Sure, who can forget that play, down 0-2 in the series and if that bonehead Giambi slides, he's safe ,game over, series over, but nope, he's out, Yankees climb out of the casket and go on to win yet another world series.

Ah, what fond memories.

Sure, who can forget that play, down 0-2 in the series and if that bonehead Giambi slides, he's safe ,game over, series over, but nope, he's out, Yankees climb out of the casket and go on to win yet another world series.

Ah, what fond memories.

Actually, if it makes you feel better George, 2001 is the year that Mariano made the throwing error and ended up blowing the save in game 7 to the Arizona Diamondbacks. If Mo, usually one of the steadiest fielding pitchers in baseball, doesn't throw that ball into centerfield, Alfonso Soriano is the World Series hero who hit the go ahead homer late in game 7 to clinch the Yanks 4th straight World Series and 5th in 6 years.

If that happens, there is no way we trade Soriano for A-Rod in 2004, and baseball history dramatically changes.

Actually, if it makes you feel better George, 2001 is the year that Mariano made the throwing error and ended up blowing the save in game 7 to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Actually, it doesn't make me feel any better because Mo is my favorite Yankee.

Posada is my second favorite Yankee.

I hate the other 23 players.

And the manager.

And the batboy.

Oh and let's not forget Yankee pride too while we're at it.

Actually, it doesn't make me feel any better because Mo is my favorite Yankee.

Posada is my second favorite Yankee.

I hate the other 23 players.

And the manager.

And the batboy.

Oh and let's not forget Yankee pride too while we're at it.
This confirms what I have suspected for a while now. George DOES NOT like the Yankees!{eek3}:eek:{sm2} -- Al

This confirms what I have suspected for a while now. George DOES NOT like the Yankees!{eek3}:eek:{sm2} -- Al

Not true, I am a fan of the Yankees..............specifically the Irish Brigade, the Iron Brigade, the 19th, 20th and 54th MA, the 146th NY, the 155th PA, the 5th NY, the 114th PA, etc, etc, ie, ANY Yankees who fought in the ACW.

I am a fan of all of those Yankees.

And the Cardinals, who made the playoffs in the 11th hour of the season, force a game five, Carpenter vs Doc.

Amazing.

Well that's one game five I'll watch, could care less about the other one.

We'll see if the Crew can put last night's debacle aside and wrap this series up!

Anyone have a pitcher they aren't using? Looks like the Brewers could use one.

We'll see if the Crew can put last night's debacle aside and wrap this series up!

Tatman hits a bomb in the first inning, DBacks up 4-1...............make that 5-1.................looks like 3 of the 4 series are going to a game 5............but it's still early and the Brewers can bomb away with the best of them.

Not true, I am a fan of the Yankees..............specifically the Irish Brigade, the Iron Brigade, the 19th, 20th and 54th MA, the 146th NY, the 155th PA, the 5th NY, the 114th PA, etc, etc, ie, ANY Yankees who fought in the ACW.

I am a fan of all of those Yankees.
Touche'. ^&grin -- Al

And the Cardinals, who made the playoffs in the 11th hour of the season, force a game five, Carpenter vs Doc.

Amazing.

Well that's one game five I'll watch, could care less about the other one.
The playoffs are proving as good as the wildcard race. Never thought the Cards would push the Phillies to 5, although I'm glad to see it. Just that much more baseball.:wink2: Now, back to the Brew Crew, down 5-3 in the 3rd, to see if a game 5 will be coming up for them. -- Al

Dear Randy Wolf -

In case you didn't notice, there is this thing called a strike zone. I recommend that you use it.

Sincerely,

Pete

I don't understand the kind of thinking -- what is the the thought process -- that goes into bunting for a base hit when you're four runs down. Even if it succeeds, it's a bad play. Don't leave the job of driving the run to the next man.

The Phillies don't make that kind of mental error nor do the Yankees. They are smarter than that.

The playoffs are proving as good as the wildcard race. Never thought the Cards would push the Phillies to 5, although I'm glad to see it. Just that much more baseball.:wink2: Now, back to the Brew Crew, down 5-3 in the 3rd, to see if a game 5 will be coming up for them. -- Al
Went to bed with the Brewers down 8-4 and woke up to another 5 games series. Once again it all goes down to the wire. 6 teams with the season on the line in a 1 game, winner takes all scenario. It is exciting baseball. There will be disappointment for some fans. I will be sad if the NYY's lose to Detroit and that is a real possibility. I see that game as a toss-up with a slight advantage to NY because of Nova (although he obviously lacks playoff experience) and home field advantage. Will not be shocked any way it goes. I will be shocked if Phillie loses to the Cards. Phillies have a big advantage in this game and that advantage is named Halliday. If the Cards win this, it is a big upset. I also think the Brewers-Diamondbacks game falls under the 'pick 'em' catagory. Both got good pitching scheduled, and the Brewers have homefield, but the I think the Arizona team has the momentum. Here, again, I will be disappointed if the Brewers lose, but not shocked. Brewers had it locked, up 2-0 in games, but failed to turn the key. Now they have to find the fortitude to win in front of the home crowd. More great baseball coming our way.:smile2: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back