Baseball 2011 (2 Viewers)

Cards had jumped out to a 4 run lead in the bottom of the first. They seem to have Gallardo's number this year...

Noah

Detroit better stop pitching to Cruz. He is killing them. Down 3-1 in games, even if Verlander does his thing and wins, Detroit still has to take game 6 & 7 without help from Verlander. I don't think it can be done, especially if the Tigers keep feeding Cruz Hr balls. -- Al

A little surprised that the Cards made that 4 run 1st hold up for the 4-3 win. Some excellent pitching. Thought the Brewer boomers were going to get to Carpenter, but didn't quite pull it off. Still see this as a toss up but obviously, the Brewers have to find a way to a road win. -- Al

A little surprised that the Cards made that 4 run 1st hold up for the 4-3 win. Some excellent pitching. Thought the Brewer boomers were going to get to Carpenter, but didn't quite pull it off. Still see this as a toss up but obviously, the Brewers have to find a way to a road win. -- Al

I agree Al, I was suprised as well. Both 'ace' starters looked rather weak, as neither had their usual dominant stuff. The win wasn't pretty, but St. Louis will take it. Frankly, either team could have walked away with a win and it wouldn't have been suprising.

The 5 men left on by Holliday was really frustrating too.

Noah

Detroit better stop pitching to Cruz. He is killing them. Down 3-1 in games, even if Verlander does his thing and wins, Detroit still has to take game 6 & 7 without help from Verlander. I don't think it can be done, especially if the Tigers keep feeding Cruz Hr balls. -- Al
Verlander gutted out a win to send the series back to Texas. Texas had him on the ropes but couldn't knock him out of the game. Detroit has a tough road ahead of them. They have to win both games in Texas, with no Verlander. Someone will have to pick up the slack if Detroit is to have a chance. Going to be a good game 6. -- Al

The Brewers FINALLY found a starting pitcher! Now the 'pen has work to do!

A solid win for the Brew Crew. In the first couple innings, I thought Wolf was going to get chased out. But, he settled down and threw a good game. Cards just couldn't get anything going.

Noah

This is a crucial game for the Cards, considering the Brewers winning record at home. If they go back to Milwaukee down a game, they may be done.

This is a crucial game for the Cards, considering the Brewers winning record at home. If they go back to Milwaukee down a game, they may be done.

True enough. While the Cardinals have a prolific offense, it doesn't show up everyday!

Noah

Amazing how fast things turn around.

Yesterday the pressure was on the 'Crew and people assumed they'd lose the three games in St. Louis and be done.

Today the pressure is on the Cards, who probably need to win the next game to have a chance.

Teams can only stay hot for so long. The Brewers had an AMAZING month of August...then came crashing back to reality. The question for now: are the Cardinals still on their hot streak, or is their luck running out?

We'll see soon!

The two series sure have been fun to watch. It has been a relatively even match for all concerned. Detroit stayed alive and must now win two on the road without help from Verlander. Tough assignment. Home field advantage and the one game lead tips the scales towards Texas. The Brewers and the Cards are a toss-up, with whatever advantage that is to be had awaiting the outcome of tonight's pivotal game. Play ball!^&grin -- Al

Obviously, advantage to the Rangers because they lead and have the home field.

Advantage also to the Brewers because it's now a three game series and two of the three are in Milwaukee.

Milwaukee has made some crucial fielding errors. They are killing themselves in this game. Still 3 innings to go, so maybe the Brewers can still come back, but they have to gather themselves. :eek: -- Al

The Brewers are either REALLY good...or REALLY bad. We have two more games (at home) to try to find the GOOD team again.

I have to ask...what is the deal with Craig Sager? How did he get to be the guy doing interviews...does he have some dirt on the owner of TBS? His clothes are odd...his mannerisms are strange...and his questions are innane.

Milwaukee has made some crucial fielding errors. They are killing themselves in this game. Still 3 innings to go, so maybe the Brewers can still come back, but they have to gather themselves. :eek: -- Al
I guess not. Back to Milwaukee and, as Peter said, 2 games to find the 'good' Brewers. Or will the Cards ride their hot streak to the WS? Stay tuned. -- Al

The Brewers are either REALLY good...or REALLY bad. We have two more games (at home) to try to find the GOOD team again.

I have to ask...what is the deal with Craig Sager? How did he get to be the guy doing interviews...does he have some dirt on the owner of TBS? His clothes are odd...his mannerisms are strange...and his questions are innane.

I have wondered the same thing about Sager. The color choice of his sport coats has been hideous, to say the least. At least that is something my wife and I agree on! Plus, as you alluded to, he seems a little 'stiff' when he's on camera.....

I guess not. Back to Milwaukee and, as Peter said, 2 games to find the 'good' Brewers. Or will the Cards ride their hot streak to the WS? Stay tuned. -- Al

Yeah, the four errors were costly for the Crew. However, the St. Louis relief pitching has been on fire this series in a way we haven't seen all year. La Russa is making the right moves at just the right times to get the matchups he wants, and the bullpen is doing their job. Good win tonight.

Noah

Sager is terrible. One of the worst. He's basically there to show off his imbecilic sportcoats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back