Bernard (Cardigan600) R.I.P (1 Viewer)

aujj65

Colonel
It is with greatest sadness that I have to inform my fellow members of the passing of Bernard who died peacefully on the 26th April of this year 2013.

Those of us who knew Bernard will be aware of his passion for hollow cast Britain’s British cavalry regiments and later on Chas Stadden Original Models.

I have had the pleasure of repainting and repairing a number of figures for Bernard over the years and his full of life and down to earth “Scouser” personality really shone through on our many phone conversations. He was my friend and will be sorely missed.

I have spoken to Mary his wife this morning and passed on our collective condolences and sympathies to her and their young son Mark, which was appreciated.

Bernard, may you rest in peace.

Jeff

R.I.P and condolences to his family.

Rob

This is a terrible way to start the day. He was a true character and a terrific human being. When I was in Ireland a few years ago on business, I tried to get together with him but he and his family were on their way to Spain on vacation. He loved Stadden figures and was forever exhorting all of us to post photos on the Forum. He called us all "troopers" and was a larger than life figure.

I had recently written him but received no reply. Now I know why.

I shall miss him.

From one trooper to another, "Yo, trooper."

Very sad news. My condolences to his wife and son. -- Al

I am very sorry to hear these sad news.
Bernard was a good friend here on the forum, and I did miss his posts since he stopped participating.
My condolences to his wife and little son.
R.I.P.

Konrad

My condolences to his family. I had chatted with him a few times and his family was his world. I remember when he joined and his excitement in collecting original sets or having them repainted by Jeff. I used to love it when he would get a new set and post it here in the forum. When he switched to Staddens I bought a couple of his Britains figures, he was a pleasure to deal with.

RIP my friend, you will be missed.

My condolences to his family. I had chatted with him a few times and his family was his world. I remember when he joined and his excitement in collecting original sets or having them repainted by Jeff. I used to love it when he would get a new set and post it here in the forum. When he switched to Staddens I bought a couple of his Britains figures, he was a pleasure to deal with.

RIP my friend, you will be missed.

He had an infectious enthusiasm that you couldn't help but like him. A real shame.

Even though a lot of us never meet each other when we lose one it's like loing a true friend.R.I.P. Bernard.
Mark

Even though a lot of us never meet each other when we lose one it's like loing a true friend.R.I.P. Bernard.
Mark

I heartily agree with that sentiment. Every time I saw that "Yo - troopers" - I knew something pleasant was going to follow - even if it was a bit of gentle leg-pulling. I must admit, I was fearing this might be the case for some time - as we hadn't heard from "Cardigan" for a while. Will miss that gentle humour - and the Stadden knowledge that he possessed. RIP Bernard - Johnnybach

Rest in peace Bernard, your contributions to this forum and the hobby will be missed ..... condolences to family and friends.

Buster

It's always sad to hear of the loss of a forum member and Bernard's passing was a sad one to hear of.....The Lt.

WOW! what sad news indeed to hear. :(

I know that he had really gotten into collecting the Large Stadden figures and had hoped that the reason that he wasn't posting was that he hadn't got any new ones as of late. He was a "character" for sure, but always in a good way with a light hearted approach. RIP Bernard!

Chuck

This is sad news, I had a lot of time for Bernard and had plenty of to and fro banter with him over the years. My most sincere condolences, he will be missed.

Simon

GD. I really liked Bernard, we traded a number of things over the years and I was wondering about him quite recently as I had not heard from him. Like Brad, I now know why. Man, what a downer. He was a true collector, finding stuff that he really liked and then he made a beeline for it, ie Stadden. Will really miss him,

TD

That's such sad news. I didn't know he was ailing, and I'd wondered where he'd been. Prayers lifted for his soul and for his family's comfort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back