Better late than never: The Sherman variation (2 Viewers)

I remember someone saying patience is a virtue....but one I lack when it comes to Toy Soldiers:eek:. Maybe I should seek counseling...like those anger management classes...TOY SOLDIER ANGST MANAGEMENT CLASS..sign up today!:eek:

I have so much more to worry about right now, that I am just going to let the anticipation for this wonderful tank be a positive rather than a negative experience for me . . .;)

Anybody hear anything more yet about their Shermans? Since I repaired the Gold Edition Tiger and put it on display in the museum, I have been looking at the amazing photos of the Snorkel Sherman on this thread with great anticipation . . .:D

Anna e-mailed me before the Chicago show that work on 75mm Shermans (plain and camo) will resume upon their return to Argentina, I would surmise that the "snorkel" Sherman will be last in their production line.

Pulling up the thread on the Gold Edition Snorkel Sherman. For some reason the photos aren't showing up . . .

Pulling up the thread on the Gold Edition Snorkel Sherman. For some reason the photos aren't showing up . . .

Louis, the photos are gone on most of the older HB posts... Pity, because they are such outstanding models.

The photos on the forum probably showed up as a link to a directory on a computer or server rather than embedded in the post. If the photos were moved or deleted from the directory, then the post won't be able to find them to display.

Sager still has lots of photos of the Gold Tiger and it is easy to see why it is the best produced even to today. At the time, a regular HB Sherman was $195 and a Gold Edition Tiger was $475. A Gold Sherman with wading stacks probably would have been near the price of a Gold Tiger.

Terry

Here are some of my pictures. If my memory serves me correctly only Louis, Steven Chong and me got these Gold Edition Shermans with Wading gear. All three of them are different from each other.

The 2nd HB tank is also a HB Sherman but not a Gold Edition. It still oks pretty doesn't it?

Carlos

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Great dio and pictures, Carlos. Those HB Shermans are the best. -- Al

Carlos,

The photos are much appreciated. I have all of the Shermans except the Gold Series. Hope HB again makes them. It is on my wish list!

Fran

Here is Louis Sherman sent me the pics so i could see one thanks mate.

DSCN1475.jpg

DSCN1474.jpg

DSCN1476.jpg

DSCN1574.jpg

Great tank.

Nobody IMO has made or will make better AFV's than HB. They just had everything.
Mitch

I am jealous of you guys, but I do have the many Figarti Shermans and I think they are just as good if not better. Carlos & Louis I guess you have some Figarti Shermans to compare...What do you think. Alex

FogaritD-DayPromo.jpg

I like the pics of the Shermans and have the HB and Figarti tanks. They each have their own appeal and work well together in a display. The biggest difference is the shade of the paint and variant (cast vs. welded).

Question: In Carlos' pic there is a pontoon bridge, who is the producer?

Fran

Fran...

I believe its build-a-rama
Mitch

I like the pics of the Shermans and have the HB and Figarti tanks. They each have their own appeal and work well together in a display. The biggest difference is the shade of the paint and variant (cast vs. welded).

Question: In Carlos' pic there is a pontoon bridge, who is the producer?

Fran

I am jealous of you guys, but I do have the many Figarti Shermans and I think they are just as good if not better. Carlos & Louis I guess you have some Figarti Shermans to compare...What do you think. Alex

FogaritD-DayPromo.jpg

I have to agree think the Figarti Sherman better , just take a look at the crab version :wink2:

it may be the pics but, Louis's does look rather plain compared to carlos look at the detail on that one the texture to the turret and paint work is superb.

HB still do the better AFV's even though I dislike the sherman as an AFV they are outstanding. A handy issue is that the paint stay's on the HB long enough to see the detail!!!!!

If HB were still making AFV's there would be nothing else I would buy for me, they are that good
Mitch

I have the Figarti one and never saw the HB one but when I look at Carlos' photos of the HB Sherman, I much prefer the HB one. Pity that I never purchased one. No use crying over spilt milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back