Better late than never: The Sherman variation (1 Viewer)

it may be the pics but, Louis's does look rather plain compared to carlos look at the detail on that one the texture to the turret and paint work is superb.

HB still do the better AFV's even though I dislike the sherman as an AFV they are outstanding. A handy issue is that the paint stay's on the HB long enough to see the detail!!!!!

If HB were still making AFV's there would be nothing else I would buy for me, they are that good
Mitch

I wish I had been able to get the Gold Tiger and Gold Sturmtiger.

Terry

I know you were selling your winter HB tiger a few months back. Did it sell or, did you hold onto it?
Mitch

I have the Figarti one and never saw the HB one but when I look at Carlos' photos of the HB Sherman, I much prefer the HB one. Pity that I never purchased one. No use crying over spilt milk.

I have both the Honour Bound and Figarti snorkel shermans with similar paint schemes, and I prefer the Figarti model overall. I happen to prefer Carlos' HB Snorkel Sherman to both of mine, however.:wink2:

Carlos, great dio and Shermans. I have the Figarti snorkel Sherman and I love it.
I agree with Mitch that the HB AFV's are unmatched.

I am jealous of you guys, but I do have the many Figarti Shermans and I think they are just as good if not better. Carlos & Louis I guess you have some Figarti Shermans to compare...What do you think. Alex

FogaritD-DayPromo.jpg

Good question Alex

I have so many of both Honour Bound (including 4 Gold Editions) and Figarti armor.

Currently the Best IMO - Figarti

Figarti again, IMO started the trend (1/32 scale) many moons ago with the US Stuart Tank then followed us with an "over the top" version of the Tiger I with over 900 pieces to it.

However, Honour Bound really started the revolution in 1/30 scale with it's German Pz. V, Panther tank some years ago. It was kind of like WWIII and today collectors have a great choice AFVs to choose from. You have love competition don't you if you're a collector.

Carlos

I'll take some and send them to Brad to post for me. I put the summer food line set on the small diorama base with the broken gate and "caen" sign. I put my summer "Al Capone" Normandy Sherman on the big base with the gate and cobblestone street (complete with sewer cap).

If I ever get the Gold Edition Sherman with foliage camouflage, I intend to line up the three bases, and make a column led by the two Gold Edition Shermans (foliage and snorkel) followed by the "Al Capone" Sherman and the amphibious jeep.

Well it took a few years, but here are some photos of the Gold Edition Sherman, Gold Edition Snorkel Sherman, Sherman with Gold Edition Foliage Camouflage and my Gold Edition Tiger bumping into each other in a village in Normandy . . .

Attachments

• Gold Battle 1.jpg
    Gold Battle 1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 280
  • Gold Battle 2.jpg
    Gold Battle 2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 272
  • Gold Battle 3.jpg
    Gold Battle 3.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Gold Battle 4.jpg
    Gold Battle 4.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 285
And few more photos . . .

Attachments

• Gold Battle 5.jpg
    Gold Battle 5.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Gold Battle 6.jpg
    Gold Battle 6.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Gold Battle 7.jpg
    Gold Battle 7.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 305
I just wanted to bump this thread up, because Honour Bound remains one of my all time favorite manufacturers! If any of you lucky Honour Bound Sturmtiger owners wants to sell or trade one, please pm me!😎

{eek3} You are one lucky guy to have all those. Just fantastic!!!!

It was great to see these in your collection when I visited Louis (especially the rare Gold Series Tiger) and hopefully someday you'll be able to snare a Sturmtiger. I agree, HB are gems and I was lucky enough to snare several HB tanks when I visited young Doug in San Fran!

Merry Christmas mate, I hope you, the family and your hounds have a great day.

Tom

It was great to see these in your collection when I visited Louis (especially the rare Gold Series Tiger) and hopefully someday you'll be able to snare a Sturmtiger. I agree, HB are gems and I was lucky enough to snare several HB tanks when I visited young Doug in San Fran!

Merry Christmas mate, I hope you, the family and your hounds have a great day.

Tom

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! 😊Doug has more stuff in storage than most people have on display! I’m glad you had a chance to meet him and take home some goodies!👍

I took some photos of all of my Honour Bound Allied armor, focusing on my Gold Edition Snorkel Sherman, with and without the Snorkels on:

Attachments

• Honour Bound Allied Armor 1.jpg
    Honour Bound Allied Armor 1.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Honour Bound Allied Armor 2.jpg
    Honour Bound Allied Armor 2.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Honour Bound Allied Armor 3.jpg
    Honour Bound Allied Armor 3.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Honour Bound Allied Armor 4.jpg
    Honour Bound Allied Armor 4.jpg