Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (6 Viewers)

Being a little bored last night thought I'd add a twist in featuring my Highlanders along with the 24th Foot............The Lt.

2001-1.jpg

2002-4.jpg

2003-1.jpg

2004.jpg

Nice pics mate they still might be up that well known creek tho.............:)

Agree Michael they do look good together would've been nice if they were from the same time period and took part. You got a good point there Wayne but then you never know and thanks Mitch as my bordom continues.......The Lt.

2008-2.jpg

005-23.jpg

2009-2.jpg

2010-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work fellas!!! Welllll, since we are all snowed in over here, guess I got some time on my hands to play around with my Romans!! {sm3}

Secure in a rear area, the legate of the 10th Legio inspects his onager and ballista firing point........

DSC06439.jpg

The onager team readies a shot.......

DSC06434.jpg

the ballista crew, though seemingly heavy with commanders, is ready....

DSC06437.jpg

DSC06445.jpg

the legate orders the hornicen to sound the order to fire and the signifer prepares to signal..........

DSC06438.jpg

a large object sails through the firing point and attaches the legionaire on guard to a small tree!!! Enraged by the defilement of their sacred grove, a strike team of Britons infiltrate the lines and create havoc!! Their attack is swift and violent!!

DSC06436.jpg

DSC06442.jpg

DSC06441.jpg

But the Celts weren't ready for Tribune Marcus Antonius, this politico is more than willing and capable to organize a strong counterattack....

DSC06443.jpg

DSC06446.jpg

A subtle reminder, especially after todays devastating suicide bombings, that freedom still isn't free!!! (Sorry about the poor picture quality {sm2})

Clearing an alley in Afghanistan...........

DSC00051.jpg

Benn awhile since I've posted on here.........tanks alot for a great thread!

Attachments

• z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 177
  • z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 188
Great to see this thread still humming and getting better and better .......

Haven't posted here for a bit so here goes .....

With apologies to 'Diodrama' Currahee Chris (LOL)

001zred.jpg1590red.jpg182red.jpgIMG_7400red.jpgIMG_0706redc.jpg

You dont think BSP is going to let you get away with showing massive setups with piles of equiptment and raging battles, without chiming in.... ^&grin^&grin^&grin

6-136.jpg

6-209.jpg

FWI0014.jpg

ST0030.jpg

ST0012.jpg

TGMPROMO-2.jpg

F06306-07.jpg

You dont think BSP is going to let you get away with showing massive setups with piles of equiptment and raging battles, without chiming in.... ^&grin^&grin^&grin

Well, you sure showed us man!{eek3}{eek3} I LOVE that first picture... can we get more of that dio, who made the pieces, some background history, and how you made it?
-Sandor:salute::

Well, you sure showed us man!{eek3}{eek3} I LOVE that first picture... can we get more of that dio, who made the pieces, some background history, and how you made it?
-Sandor:salute::

The buildings and dock were all made of foam and balsa wood by my partner Nick and myself, they were coated with a mixture of plaster and paint to give a cement look.. The Castle like peaks in one building were made from electrical connectors with fake pearls in them to finish the roundness of the tops. The crane was from a pile of scraps from our scrap bin......Never throw away scraps they tend to come in handy. Everything took about 4 months to build. The sky was "painted" with the computer.

The Scene represents US forces preparing for the D-Day landings.

See it all here http://www.battlesceneproductions.net/ Click on Episode II, when you get to You Tube Play Episode I

Good morning Chris, did you paint the Andreas's maximus on horse?

Nice work fellas!!! Welllll, since we are all snowed in over here, guess I got some time on my hands to play around with my Romans!! {sm3}

Secure in a rear area, the legate of the 10th Legio inspects his onager and ballista firing point........

DSC06439.jpg

The onager team readies a shot.......

DSC06434.jpg

the ballista crew, though seemingly heavy with commanders, is ready....

DSC06437.jpg

DSC06445.jpg

the legate orders the hornicen to sound the order to fire and the signifer prepares to signal..........

DSC06438.jpg

Thanks for the comments Rod and Michael. No, I have many talents but painting and assembly are not one of them {sm4}

Off work crook and bored thought i would post some pics.
"Defending the C.P." (TGM and Build-a-rama.)

000_4272.jpg

000_4273.jpg

000_4274.jpg

000_4278.jpg

000_4279.jpg

000_4277.jpg

000_4276.jpg

000_4275.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back