Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (1 Viewer)

Playing with the new HB Panther.

Attachments

• panther.jpg
    panther.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 228
Great looking model Alex.No doubt, it's bigger than 1/32 right?

FubarRrRrrrrrrrR

Ray (nmrocks) asked me to post these.

Attachments

• Ray 1.jpg
    Ray 1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 190
Ray, these are very cool. Tell us more about them. Are they conversions and what scale are they?

jazzeum said:

Okay Ray, fess up, where did you get the stuff. Don't hold out on us now. Great stuff and I'm sure we all hope some manufacturers produces these items in at least the quality being displayed here.

I'd buy them. Oh KC, NMA or HB, the 8th Army is in dire need of amour.

LOL,

Carlos

1/30 correct? I think those are the early LRDG Jeeps released by KC with modifications/additions in terms of stowage. The guy holding Thomson Sub-MG has been modified. The original was holding a map and the head-gear is supposed to be in red (ala-Arafat).
N-P

Hey Guys,
First, Thanks Brad for posting my pics and thanks to the guys who answered my call for jerry cans a while back.
The 2 jeeps are those diecast ones I found on e-bay, something about a jeep commomerative edition only about 4.99 each as I recall.
Naturally you can see there a tribute to the early K&C jeeps. The Jerry cans are FOV acc., however I cut the single bar handles off and added the 3 prong handles from an 1/35 jerry can acc. kit. many of the packs and rolls are also FOV. The extra capacity radiator drums on the front are 1/72 55 gal. drums. The .30 and .50 cal guns are from a special friend and all the straping for everthing is a business card cut to shape, painted and glued.
The figures are Del prado conversions, #17 Gurka and #51 Montys desert army. I removed the hats on both and used squadron white putty to add the arab style keffiyah. I also switched right arms and drilled and opened the left hand of the gurka fig to allow him to carry the Sten gun. I also added the jerry can to his right hand and added the sholder slung Lee Enfield, the sten and the Enfield are K&C. Add beards, remove knee socks,shorten shorts, remove backpack and repaint and wha la! SAS!
Don't know if you saw, but the last conversion I did was a HJB halftrack to Rommels Greif and within weeks Andy announced his!
Hopefully I can get the "Nostadumbass" title and Andy will announce a revisit to those great jeeps he did in the next couple of weeks!

Ray

Last edited:
Wow. Thats a lot of work but they turned out great. Good job Ray, I like seeing original works and creativity.

noli-poli said:
1/30 correct? I think those are the early LRDG Jeeps released by KC with modifications/additions in terms of stowage. The guy holding Thomson Sub-MG has been modified. The original was holding a map and the head-gear is supposed to be in red (ala-Arafat).
N-P
Yes 1/30 but the figs are modified Del Prado figs, still can't make myself mess with K&C figs.
The Jeeps are as cheap as they get, certainly not K&C! see my other post for greater detail
Ray

nmrocks said:
Yes 1/30 but the figs are modified Del Prado figs, still can't make myself mess with K&C figs.
The Jeeps are as cheap as they get, certainly not K&C! see my other post for greater detail
Ray

1/32 New Ray or GMP Jeeps I suppose? In any case, they are...WOW!

noli-poli said:
1/32 New Ray or GMP Jeeps I suppose? In any case, they are...WOW!
Thanks for the positive feed back, I checked the underside of the jeeps and all they say is Diamler/chrysler 2000, I think there a touch larger than the New Ray jeeps. I wish I had the acc. and the space like Fubar, I'd like to set a raid on a AK supply column or depot, though it would require some more custom figs.
Ray

Last edited:
According to the poll, "How Do You Display Your Collection?" in General Toy Soldier Discussion section, the majority of respondents display their figures on shelves. Here are pictures of one of my shelves displaying the battle of Rorke's Drift. The building is Trophy, with glossy figures from Trophy, Frontline, and Ani.:)
img_0374a.jpg

img_0375a.jpg

img_0377a.jpg

img_0376a.jpg

Nice display steven. Is that some frontline napoleonics that I can see sitting under them?:D

Hi Steven I always enjoy your photos!

Really nice display!

Njja:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back