Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (1 Viewer)

Harold,

Once again, I am simply blown away by your skill and talent! It almost seems sinful to me that one man can possess so much artistic and technical expertise! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work with us.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Had the house to myself tonight so I set up some of my new stuff with the foam house i built.

Attachments

• DSC00752.JPG
    DSC00752.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 205

Attachments

• DSC00818.JPG
    DSC00818.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 197
When I get more time i,m going to fix up the inside of the house. Maybe add a bed and some furniture and make a few things like a cross over the fire place a bookshelf ect. what ever comes to mind. I,ve started the fire place already.

Attachments

• DSC00744.JPG
    DSC00744.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 189
VERY NICE. The house looks really cool. How long did it take you to put it together? Great job on the set-up.

Fishead,

Way cool stuff! The flooring and the fireplace inside the house look especially good. Nice job!

Warm regards,

Pat

sceic2 said:
VERY NICE. The house looks really cool. How long did it take you to put it together? Great job on the set-up.
To tell you the truth i,m not sure how long it took because i,d do a little here and there but, it was a fun project.

Attachments

• DSC00750.JPG
    DSC00750.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 283
wadepat said:
Fishead,

Way cool stuff! The flooring and the fireplace inside the house look especially good. Nice job!

Warm regards,

Pat
I,m not done with the inside yet i still have alot of ideas. The floor was made of single strips of balsa wood that I stained and glued down. the fire place is blue foam that I carved with a pencil to get the stone texture.

Attachments

• DSC00774.JPG
    DSC00774.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 272
Cool pix Fish! I really like your building too.Nice to be left alone for the evening sometimes aint it?
All I ever made was ruins.

June 18 coming up . Should do some Waterloo games. Far too big for 1 scenario in 54mm, but a series of wargames would be good.If I only had the time to do it right.At least 5 different scenarios , organization, rules, getting friends to commit to doing it.Real life gets in the way.

No progress on making anything yesterday.Other responsibilites popped up.Dad had 1,200bales of hay to stow.I didnt do much but tie stacks together for stacking on top of each other but I felt had to be there and at least lend a hand.Neighbors teenage boys did most of the hard{? All pretty much mechanized nowadays but theres still some muscle work} work
Try something today.

FubarR

In response to the quiery about K&C revisiting Zulu war era stuff, I can't speak directly to that, but Andy has discussed with me redoing his original products (Victorian Era Seaforths, Lancers, Royal Artillery & Indian Army Field Force sets versus Afghan Hill Tribesmen on the Northwest Frontier) with todays level of quality in sculpting and matt painting, as a 25th Anniversary release. As nobody but the Russians has addressed this (rather romantic and classic toy soldier) subject in matt I am extremely excited by the concept. Personally I would also love to see him do some more Zulu war stuff in todays level of quality, although, as Steven correctly points out, Frontline has done some very nice matt Zulu war stuff, so Andy might not go there.

Nicely done. I will have to try baking soda. That Dept 56 stuff just does not look like the real thing. I ought to know, Minnesota and all.

nmrocks said:
I like the camera perspective, Nicely done
Ray

Believe me I am no photographer, but I read an article once about photographing models and it said to photograph at eye level just like you were there. Makes sense to me...."Get Real" Sargebat ?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back