Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (2 Viewers)

A captured Chaplain blesses men who have perished......

....... Let us take the time to remember those who gave their lives, so that we can enjoy the life and hobbies we have today.....Firebat (343)

Last edited:
Firebat, lately you have greatly impressed me in three very distinct areas that I find are very important to me personally.

First, and most important of all, it’s a real pleasure to communicate with you without the rancor. And I don’t mean just from you either. Some of us here have short tempers and very in your face styles that make me uncomfortable to say the least. I do enjoy what you have to offer in a much less confrontational atmosphere.:)

Second, I admire your photographic skills. Mine suck. My choice of camera was not a good one and I just don’t have the internal ability to deal with the nuances of photography.

And third, what great dioramas you have shared with us. Now you see why most of us have such passion for K&C. The **** things look almost real.:eek:

Anyway, enough warm fuzzy stuff. Keep posting the pictures. I look forward to seeing more. Perhaps one day we can meet and share some good times together. Hay I thought I said no more warm fuzzy crap. :p

sceic2 said:
Firebat, lately you have greatly impressed me in three very distinct areas that I find are very important to me personally.

First, and most important of all, it’s a real pleasure to communicate with you without the rancor. And I don’t mean just from you either. Some of us here have short tempers and very in your face styles that make me uncomfortable to say the least. I do enjoy what you have to offer in a much less confrontational atmosphere.:)

Second, I admire your photographic skills. Mine suck. My choice of camera was not a good one and I just don’t have the internal ability to deal with the nuances of photography.

And third, what great dioramas you have shared with us. Now you see why most of us have such passion for K&C. The **** things look almost real.:eek:

Anyway, enough warm fuzzy stuff. Keep posting the pictures. I look forward to seeing more. Perhaps one day we can meet and share some good times together. Hay I thought I said no more warm fuzzy crap. :p

I don't know how I allowed myself to get caught up in all of that nonsense, I am just a military buff, and I want to express my respect for all of those who served. You guys can argue about the other stuff, I am having tremendous amount of fun, and I have a good sense of the hobby now, so I can take my own private course, and rely on you guys to sort it all out, so I can make my decisions on what to purchase. I am sure I will jump in here and there. What impresses me about all of the members here is that despite all of the controversy with me, and whoever everyone seem always willing to put it behind them, and extends a welcome gesture, so that we can get back to enjoying our hobby, however we see fit. "Get Real" Firebat

Last edited:
Cool stuff Firebat,

Nice work with the snow, trees and photography.

Keep up the good work,

Carlos

Come on Carlos put something new together..........I don't think there has been much 8th Army stuff done yet, unless I missed it. "Get Real" Firebat

The following series of pictures were supplied by Warrior and are all 20mm but you have to admid there is some cool stuff here.

Carlos

1.JPG 2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

:eek: :eek: :eek:
In a previous post, about two or three months ago, I addressed the issue of diorama accessories and how the smaller scales (20mm, etc.) have such a wide and wonderful variety when compared to 1/30. This is just one example of what I was speaking of.
But, with a few new additions from K&C and the great new stuff from Mark at Build-a-Rama (and the new three story buildings he has promised), 1/30 is slowly getting up to the variety and availability of their smaller brothers. Can you imagine the dioramas that will be build with the Brandenberg Gate (yeah I know spelling, take off 5 points) or the French Villas in 1/30. Look at the great buildings that Alex and Fishead and Fubar have made and how they make their soldiers almost come alive. Firebat and his winter scenes, an't dioramas great.

I love the Grand scale of those pics. I can't wait to do something like that. I am really not up and running yet. I am almost done with my hobby work area, in my newly finished basement. I have about 1000 Sq ft for my trains and military stuff, and a 350 Sq ft theater area for my War Movies and Reference books. Hopefully in a month or two I can get down to some really serious stuff. Keep those pictures coming....and......"Get Real" Firebat

Alex

I have a question, I want to start building some buildings. Is there any difference between the Pink or Blue foam insulation, and when you are making the walls the foam in it's original form is a bit thick, do you thin it out or use it as is......"Get Real......Firebat

I've only used the pink but I don't think there is a difference. I use the 1/2 foam so its a good size to use for the walls so I use it as is.

Alexdakar said:
I've only used the pink but I don't think there is a difference. I use the 1/2 foam so its a good size to use for the walls so I use it as is.

Thanks....I only recently took the time to thoroughly digest this thread (Having spent most of my time arguing) and a few others that had your work...your work is excellent. Do you use any special tool to cut an and form your buildings. "Get Real"....Firebat

I use a hobby knife or a hot wire foam cutter. And don't use spray paints on the foam. Unless you want a molten lava scene. :)

Firebat, Go to Woodland Scenics web site http://www.woodlandscenics.com/
They have materials, hot knives, etc. and how-to information about dealing with form and other materials. I find this to be an excellent site. You more than likely already know about them through model railroading, but i figure that it never hurts to remind.

sceic2 said:
Firebat, Go to Woodland Scenics web site http://www.woodlandscenics.com/
They have materials, hot knives, etc. and how-to information about dealing with form and other materials. I find this to be an excellent site. You more than likely already know about them through model railroading, but i figure that it never hurts to remind.

I never thought to go to their Web Site. Thanks....and.."Get Real"..Firebat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back