Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (1 Viewer)

Boy all of this discussion about realism, I think it is time for a real looking diorama, Check out the Pink Battleship and the Navy UDT diver in the background. I think this is my best work yet. Now I get what you guys are talking about. That really looks like Iwo:D Firebat

Attachments

• Iow Resiz.jpg
    Iow Resiz.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 181
Hay Alex, you do have a sense of humor. Good to see.:D

I have to admit that the most recent Iwo Jima USMC are, in my humble opinion, the best painted and sculpted K&C figures I own. They are even, get ready Fishead and Wellington, better than the Napoleonics. :)

I have debated with myself about collecting the Japanese figures in the series and I will not. Not because they are Japanese, it's that it is just one group too many. The new series coming out look really good, but the wallet draws the line:( . I will however get new USMC sets as they become available.

sceic2 said:
Hay Alex, you do have a sense of humor. Good to see.:D

I have to admit that the most recent Iwo Jima USMC are, in my humble opinion, the best painted and sculpted K&C figures I own. They are even, get ready Fishead and Wellington, better than the Napoleonics. :)

I have debated with myself about collecting the Japanese figures in the series and I will not. Not because they are Japanese, it's that it is just one group too many. The new series coming out look really good, but the wallet draws the line:( . I will however get new USMC sets as they become available.

We think alike, I have the same dilemma...Alex

See now take the excellent Diorama I did above, and take the time to cut out some cardboard for a base, sprinkle on some sand and stone dust, and film it at a different angle, and it looks terrible. Not a representation of IWO at all:( ...Yea I think I am starting to get it!!!

Firebat

Attachments

• IWO MOD.jpg
    IWO MOD.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Fubar said:
That is a very cool site.I check it out from time to time .
I managed to get a small group of 1812 Russian Grenadiers painted last week.
Was going to wait until I had some more done before I posted an image but it might be a while until I pick up a paintbrush again.
Busy making molds .Even played with some GREENSTUFF 2 part sculpting compound and added greatcoats to a few Russians.Just have to add the cartridge box and sabre /bayonet slings and knapsack straps, add the gear and make molds of those too.
Going to try and sculpt different faces on some of the head castings too.With any luck they won't look like Orc faces.

FuBaaRrRrRRrrRRR

What scale are these figures. They are excellent in pose and painting quality. Wish I had the time and talent....Thanks for sharing, Michael

sceic2 said:
Got cha, Iwo Jima had black lava sand beaches.:D

Yea I know, I threw black stone dust into the sand mix and the picture came out a little light. We needed some quick levity, so I let it go. I will be doing some regular stuff soon. Got you ......you are 'Getting Real" good work. Firebat

I can't stand inaccuracy so I doctored it up a bit. We will get it Real right, when I do it for Real. Or we can call it Saipan ................... Firebat

Last edited:
Alexdakar said:
Fubar are these the figures that you created?

Yes , Those are the ones Alex. 54mm scale.Just did 5 gunners today and some Palov Grenadier{ Mitre caps, think Hessians} heads to use with the infantry figures.One Gunner didnt turn out.I have 2 more Infantry figures to make a master mold of so, I'll try the mismolded gunner again.

fUbAr

Fubar, what a wonder paint job you have done on the drummer and especially his drum. They, drums, always seem to hold an attraction for me. With each unit making its drums unique and the styling being so elaborate. I just really find that the color teams, drummers and bands are the best part of collecting Napoloenics. You have done a really great and professional job with your moldings.

Thanks Michael, The command figures are always a pain in the you know where for me.I like them, but glad I only have to do a few for a unit of 24-32 or so.
I have a pile of parts for the gunners and I am going to assemble { 4 parts per figure} a crew and paint that soon.The one that didnt turn out was the gunner with sponge staff.My favorite one of course didnt work. Missing the end of his left sleeve everytime I spin the mold.More tinkering and If I cant get it right I'll have to go back to the drawing board.
here is an image of him, minus his pack and gear and with a grenadier head { wrong of course but I didnt have any gunner heads ready and I wanted a pic in proportian.

Harold_sculpt23_2_16.jpg

Harold_sculpt23_2_17.jpg

der fub

Der Fubar, I really look forward to any of your posts showing those great Russian Napoleonics you're working on. Any chance of you eventually marketing some either painted or as castings. I would very much like to add some to my collection. Keep up the good work. Ken

Its been awhile since we,ve seen some napoleonic dioramas. When are you going to have enough of those russains painted to do a diorama with them FUBAR ???

Attachments

• DSC00576.JPG
    DSC00576.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 182
I don,t have the time or room to do anything new right now but here are a few old pictures.

Attachments

• DSC00540.JPG
    DSC00540.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00548.JPG
    DSC00548.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
How do you guys get more than one picture to come up without having to open them up separate? Every time I add more then one picture they come up on the bottom of the screen and you have to click on them to see the picture, what am I doing wrong???

Attachments

• DSC00575.JPG
    DSC00575.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 191

Attachments

• DSC00640.JPG
    DSC00640.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 190

Users who are viewing this thread

Back