Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (2 Viewers)

Warrior said:
Thanks for the positive feeback Alex; I went with ho/oo, 1/72nd scale because you can do very large layouts and pack a ton of stuff in. Can't do the same with 1/32nd unless you live in an airplane hanger...........
I like some of those large dioramas in 1/72 but, the patience required to paint so many tiny figures boggles my mind:p. I,ve seen some huge napoleonic dioramas with tons of figures that look great that would take an aircraft hanger to do in 54mm. Here are a few sample pics to see what i,m talking about, just imagine having to paint all those tiny figures.

Attachments

• alonso01a.jpg
    alonso01a.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 217
  • alonso01c.jpg
    alonso01c.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 190
  • alonso02a.jpg
    alonso02a.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 187
  • alonso02d.jpg
    alonso02d.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 146
  • alonso03d.jpg
    alonso03d.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 204
A few more!

Attachments

• alonso03k.jpg
    alonso03k.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 155
  • alonso04b.jpg
    alonso04b.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 140
  • alonso04c.jpg
    alonso04c.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 153
  • alonso04d.jpg
    alonso04d.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 168
  • goester02c.jpg
    goester02c.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 168
Firebat said:
George
Your setups look great, now you got me interested in 1/72. I can picture dioramas with large tank columns and a mass of soldiers. I don't know........ I guess I will have to sell the trains. And I was just sketching a nice train layout during some down time at work last night...........Alex

I switched to 1/72 last year and those little men are now starting to swamp my other scales. Dragon make some really well detailed military vehicles and aircraft - but the small size does strain the eyes of the more 'senior' collectors like myself :)

OzDigger said:
I switched to 1/72 last year and those little men are now starting to swamp my other scales. Dragon make some really well detailed military vehicles and aircraft - but the small size does strain the eyes of the more 'senior' collectors like myself :)

I have some 1/72 scale soldiers unpainted. Does anyone sell them painted? I wanted an excuse to buy that Dragon stuff. What is the excuse again?!?!?George was nice enough to send me a Figarti Marine to sample. I liked them, they are the company I will use with the FOV vehicles I have. Boy, I even have a decent collection of 1/87th ROCO Minitanks. Does anyone want to buy them? I was just getting caught up with the 1/30th K&C and HB. I think I have to come up with some creative financing

Alex

maddadicus said:
If they are O-Guage,do not sell. If it's HO or N, then OK....:) Michael

HO...about 35 Engines...300 Freight cars......100 Trailers....100 Containers Buildings, Vehicles, Track, Electronics.. etc..etc...etc. That will buy a lot of soldiers!!!!!!!! Alex

Firebat said:
I have some 1/72 scale soldiers unpainted. Does anyone sell them painted? I wanted an excuse to buy that Dragon stuff. What is the excuse again?!?!?George was nice enough to send me a Figarti Marine to sample. I liked them, they are the company I will use with the FOV vehicles I have. Boy, I even have a decent collection of 1/87th ROCO Minitanks. Does anyone want to buy them? I was just getting caught up with the 1/30th K&C and HB. I think I have to come up with some creative financing Alex

Why not swap or sell off what you don't want? After 35 years in this hobby my toys, sorry, 'collectable models' would be up to the rafters by now if I didn't sell stuff I no-longer need. I've switched scales and themes so many times I don't know where I'm at sometimes. I like the shear bulk of 1/32 and 1/30 stuff but it's hard to overlook 1/72 diecast for a good mix of detail, compactness and low cost.

FOV now make 1/72 diecast tanks and they do have sets of pre painted plastic soldiers which are ok. Dragon have issued some prepainted figures as part of dioramas. My favourite being the recent #DA60205 - US LCM3 Landing Craft that includes about ten GI's landing on a beach. They also have a few tank vs tank mini dios for sale.

OzDigger said:
Why not swap or sell off what you don't want? After 35 years in this hobby my toys, sorry, 'collectable models' would be up to the rafters by now if I didn't sell stuff I no-longer need. I've switched scales and themes so many times I don't know where I'm at sometimes. I like the shear bulk of 1/32 and 1/30 stuff but it's hard to overlook 1/72 diecast for a good mix of detail, compactness and low cost.

FOV now make 1/72 diecast tanks and they do have sets of pre painted plastic soldiers which are ok. Dragon have issued some prepainted figures as part of dioramas. My favourite being the recent #DA60205 - US LCM3 Landing Craft that includes about ten GI's landing on a beach. They also have a few tank vs tank mini dios for sale.

The Trains look like the financing ticket, everything else is pretty well tightened up. I forgot FOV was doing 1/72, and there are a few Corgi pieces out there too...Alex

Those are great 1/72 images.I for one am tempted to do smaller scale Napoleonics AGAIN.Great stuf Fishead.

Fernando Enterprises will paint your troops.Do a search you'll find them.They do great work, very affordable.Just be certain to send your uniform info along with your troops and tell them exactly what you want.I think they charge around $1.00 per 20mm, 1/72 fig.

FuBaRrRrRrRrRr

Firebat said:
The Trains look like the financing ticket, everything else is pretty well tightened up. I forgot FOV was doing 1/72, and there are a few Corgi pieces out there too...Alex

Corgi have a huge range of excellent 1/72 diecast aircraft in their Aviation Archive series. They also have a number of terrific 1/50 scale military vehicles, but I haven't seen any 1/72 tanks as yet. Perhaps you are refering to their cheap Showcase range which is basically meant for kids. The Showcase 'scales' are all over the place but I guess there are a couple of 1/72 vehicle models in it.

Here are some images from Pandagen.

Kevin%20Elliott%20%20104.jpg

Kevin%20Elliott%20%20103.jpg

Kevin%20Elliott%20%20102.jpg

Kevin%20Elliott%20%20101.jpg

Nice pics guys. Fishhead that diorama table sure is neat. Yesterday after looking at 1/72 pics from George I got out my boxes of painted guys and did plenty of Napoleonics-Italeri-esci- Revell etc. to set up but after seeing your great table I better not. No scenery or table. That was one of those things I was going to do someday. Still paint the little guys at times. Nice pics. Thanks Leadmen

Really cool Bulge images Panda.Top notch!
Leadmen, clear a spot for a table. It dosent have to be huge, use a card table for starters.Terrain is not difficult.Once you have a small battlefield you'll be enthused to paint more of your Revell and what not.
Remeber my 15mm Waterloo? That terrain took about 1 day of hard work and that was 6 x 12.
Show us some pics of your 1/72 John, I want to see them!

FuBArRrRrRrRRRR

Cool stuff Pandagen. Here is a 1/72 vehicle that I built a while back.

Attachments

• DSC04869.JPG
    DSC04869.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 234
Leadmen said:
Nice pics guys. Fishhead that diorama table sure is neat. Yesterday after looking at 1/72 pics from George I got out my boxes of painted guys and did plenty of Napoleonics-Italeri-esci- Revell etc. to set up but after seeing your great table I better not. No scenery or table. That was one of those things I was going to do someday. Still paint the little guys at times. Nice pics. Thanks Leadmen
The 1/72 napoleonics in the pictures that I posted were from a 1/72 web site I found that had lots of pictures of dioramas and painted figures, I didn,t do the diorama(wish I had) I don,t have the patience or the eye site to paint those tiny figures but I like to see those big battle scenes like that. I don,t remember the site that the pictures came from but it had some realy great 1/72 dioramas and 1/72 figures that were painted so good that you would not even believe that they were 1/72. I down loaded a few more picture from the site I just have to find them and i,ll try to refind the web site and post a link.

fishead19690 said:
The 1/72 napoleonics in the pictures that I posted were from a 1/72 web site I found that had lots of pictures of dioramas and painted figures, I didn,t do the diorama(wish I had) I don,t have the patience or the eye site to paint those tiny figures but I like to see those big battle scenes like that. I don,t remember the site that the pictures came from but it had some realy great 1/72 dioramas and 1/72 figures that were painted so good that you would not even believe that they were 1/72. I down loaded a few more picture from the site I just have to find them and i,ll try to refind the web site and post a link.
That sure is a nice site to see massed troops. Fubar had one that was mind blowing to see in person. The painting and mounting of his figures were something to behold. I personally don't know how to wargame. Leadmen

This is a link to that site I found the pictures on, If you scroll to the bottom and hit the archieves thats were I found them. Tons of photos of painted 1/72 figures, dioramas, and conversions in all different time periods. Cool site if your into the small scale stuff!http://www.hat.com/things.html

That is a very cool site.I check it out from time to time .
I managed to get a small group of 1812 Russian Grenadiers painted last week.
Was going to wait until I had some more done before I posted an image but it might be a while until I pick up a paintbrush again.
Busy making molds .Even played with some GREENSTUFF 2 part sculpting compound and added greatcoats to a few Russians.Just have to add the cartridge box and sabre /bayonet slings and knapsack straps, add the gear and make molds of those too.
Going to try and sculpt different faces on some of the head castings too.With any luck they won't look like Orc faces.

FuBaaRrRrRRrrRRR

Attachments

• 141812.jpg
    141812.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 218

Users who are viewing this thread

Back