Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (2 Viewers)

Way cool Naps Fish. I better do my homework better. i don't remember a KC Voltigier at attention.Oh well, He needs to be out front skrimishing anyway.

A few months down the road and I'll have some Borodino pix.Lotta Russians to do 1st.
Dragoon, Yes, someday they will be available as kits .I'm trying to get all my 18 production molds done 1st and have 100 or so of each casting spun.Again, 2 months or so for kits.It's a one man show and I have had a few molds that just didnt work and I had to do them over.

I got all 5 gunners to come out today.Huzzah! A little tinkering and bingo it worked .I worked too much on this stuf the last few days and I only spun this mold enough to make sure it worked. Added Mitre capped heads to a couple of the marching slope arms guys too.More of those to do, different faces ect.

More tinkering and I'll have a few more Infantry poses.I have 2 ready, firing and at ready.Alas, I need to add at least 3 more masters before I can bother to make a master mold.Gimme time.

Heres a couple pix of some of the castings I assembled, hot out of the molds.
Cannon to follow.12 pounder.18lb Licorne tube after that.Then Chassuers, Dragoons, Uhlans , more infantry poses{ Jagers} .Never ending but fun.

FubARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
15july.jpg

15july1.jpg

Firebat said:
Boy all of this discussion about realism, I think it is time for a real looking diorama, Check out the Pink Battleship and the Navy UDT diver in the background. I think this is my best work yet. Now I get what you guys are talking about. That really looks like Iwo:D Firebat

Hi guys,

I love the later ammended swimming pool version, this really draws the bar to the highest now! Real waves!:eek:

Fantastic work:D Kevin

Pandagen is at it again - this time with Honour Bound ...

Kevin%20Elliott%20109.jpg

Kevin%20Elliott%20108.jpg

Kevin%20Elliott%20107.jpg

Kevin%20Elliott%20106.jpg

Hey Firebat, I'm sorry about getting a little worked up over the patriatism comments, but I take my respect for U.S. veterans very seriously.

Kevin, nice shoots of the HB panthers, they look great together the way you have them displayed, thnks for posting.:)

Fred

Louis Badolato said:
Hey Firebat, I'm sorry about getting a little worked up over the patriatism comments, but I take my respect for U.S. veterans very seriously.

I don't blame you, I read my statement over and it didn't come out right. I am glad you take your respect for veterans seriously, and so do I. Check out www.veteranshistory.org. I made friends with Larry, and occasionally help with the project. Unfortunately in our fast pace world many other members of our generation don't pay them much regard, and that was the point I was trying to make. As far as the old collectibles go, I don't care for them too much, but I do understand their value, I wouldn't mind having your collection. I don't think my humor translates well in print. Although I think the last dioramas I did were kind of funny. Regards Alex

Nice diorama stuff above.................I want to do one but I have diorama block . I am not happy with any of the ideas I have.....Time for one from Carlos. Firebat

Firebat, Very nice website. I thought the photos of the vets then and now was a cool concept. By the way, I have a photograph of the jump into Holland autographed by Wild Bill Guarniere. My good friend Bruce Whitman, a retired USAF pilot who flew B25 Mitchells, is on the board of the Medal of Honor Foundation as well as the D-Day museum in New Orleans. He also does a great deal to promote Veterans welfare.

Well gentlemen I think we have arrived, superior tread sculpting and an accurate theme by Honour Bound, magnificent figures from King and Country, It dosen't get any better. You know what?........It probably will......Firebat...enjoy

Last edited:
boot51 said:
Kevin, nice shoots of the HB panthers, they look great together the way you have them displayed, thnks for posting.:)

Fred

Dear Fred

Thanks for the kind words - you're welcome. And thanks to Treefrog for supporting this nonsense:)

Kevin

panda1gen,

I love your winter scene great work with the JGM material.

Firebat,

Outstanding camera work, especially the filtering and the lighting; you've successfully manage to mask any minor imperfections in diorama materials that we all face to project a very nice theme.

After all isn’t that the biggest challenge faced by everyone building dioramas to create visual interest, a theme and to produce self satisfaction?

Good job,

Carlos

desk11desk12 said:
panda1gen,

I love your winter scene great work with the JGM material.

Firebat,

Outstanding camera work, especially the filtering and the lighting; you've successfully manage to mask any minor imperfections in diorama materials that we all face to project a very nice theme.

After all isn’t that the biggest challenge faced by everyone building dioramas to create visual interest, a theme and to produce self satisfaction?

Good job,

Carlos

I work very hard to try to capture a real moment in time. I found the most difficult part is to create backdrops. I saw a few on Treefrog, which I want to try. I wish someone would do poster size ones with many different themes, it would save a lot of time. I agree with what you have said in the past. I don't want to spend a lifetime doing one scene. I will use anything preprepared if I can. If you can't get the backdrop right, then the believability of the scene diminishes. For the recent dioramas I used an old fake Christmas tree. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than a bare wall. Also the bases have to be hidden, I wish they would make them removable. You know I still don't think this kind of work is appreciated here, I get twice as many downloads of my pictures on the other web site, and they have fewer people. Alex

Last edited:
Firebat said:
I work very hard to try to capture a real moment in time. I found the most difficult part is to create backdrops. I saw a few on Treefrog, which I want to try. I wish someone would do poster size ones with many different themes, it would save a lot of time. I agree with what you have said in the past. I don't want to spend a lifetime doing one scene. I will use anything preprepared if I can. If you can't get the backdrop right, then the believability of the scene diminishes. For the recent dioramas I used an old fake Christmas tree. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than a bare wall. Also the bases have to be hidden, I wish they would make them removable. You know I still don't think this kind of work is appreciated here, I get twice as many downloads of my pictures on the other web site, and they have fewer people. Alex

Agree that it is the backdrops that make or break it

Those are superb images.Top notch.Look like they are right out of a history book.
FubARrR

Fubar said:
Those are superb images.Top notch.Look like they are right out of a history book.
FubARrR

Thank you.............. I think I speak best with pictures and not so well with the printed word. I think my realism theme is better represented through pictures. The improvements in products in just the short time that I have been involved with this hobby already addresses the "Get Real" theme, and now it is time to shut up, and put up superior displays, and encourage all of those who are involved with this aspect of the hobby to raise the bar in their work. I get e-mails from people who are thrilled to see the realistic themes myself and others have displayed. I think it will pull more aging scale modelers into the hobby, who no longer have the patients to build and paint models before even getting to doing a diorama. I just hope everyone, even the collector types appreciate our efforts. I have requested that some of my arguementative and sarcastic posts be removed and I was assured they would be. Ok...Carlos, Alex, Panda and other diorama makers let your pictures do the talking.....Alex

Last edited:
The 101st and 82nd in the Bocage

Attachments

• ABN 1.jpg
    ABN 1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 173
jazzeum said:
Nice (an understatement) work as usual.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will do most of my speaking through pictures for now on. I thought about it, and I was wrong for not appreciating the pure collectors side of the hobby, one day I would like to see one of those fantastic collections. Maybe one day you will do a diorama...Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back