Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (4 Viewers)

Agreed, and it’s not anything I haven't thought of doing myself.

Everyone has to ask themselves why they collect. To "play" or "collect to maximize their investment". Of course must of us fall somewhere between the two extremes but the common thread is that it remains enjoyable to all of us.

On that scale, I'd say I'm closer to the playing than collecting to maximize my investment. That's why I do dioramas (and yes I'll post some more in the future), its fun and it relieves a lot of my career stress. Yes, I still save toy soldier boxes and I hate it, LOL.

So Firebat, keep it up and keep having fun. You don't need my permission to continue but I thought I say it anyway.

Carlos

Morbshock,

That is one fantastic scratch built diorama. What materials do you use when constructing a ruined building like that?

Fellow members............Unfortunately I may not be able to do any more dioramas for the Forum, as some entities have approached me for exclusive rights to my work, lets see what happens. If this does happen I may not even be able to tell you where they will be displayed, because they will be the property of entities other than Treefrog, and by disclosing their location, I would be providing advertisement for an entity other than Treefrog, and it would not be fair to Treefrog..........Alex

Firebat said:
Fellow members............Unfortunately I may not be able to do any more dioramas for the Forum, as some entities have approached me for exclusive rights to my work, lets see what happens. If this does happen I may not even be able to tell you where they will be displayed, because they will be the property of entities other than Treefrog, and by disclosing their location, I would be providing advertisement for an entity other than Treefrog, and it would not be fair to Treefrog..........Alex

That was a pretty cool poolside landing! :D

Alexdakar said:
Man that's good. What do you use for doors and shutters.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH, doors and shutters. I use cereal box cardboard and then use white (Elmer's) glue.

desk11desk12 said:
I like it, I like it alot.

Carlos

Thanks. I have over 25 scratch dioramas so far. That was an older diorama. My newer ones get even better. Well, I think they do. LOL

Last edited:
Morbshock said:
AAAHHHHHHHHHHH, doors and shutters. I use cereal box cardboard and then use white (Elmer's) glue.

Which one Lucky Charms or Frosted Mini Wheats. :) I need to learn how to make some and yours are great.

This is a awsome thread Thought I'd jump aboard just put something quickly together.

Attachments

• IMG_0993_(Medium).jpg
    IMG_0993_(Medium).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 365
pic 3

Attachments

• IMG_0981_edited (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0981_edited (Medium).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Nice job on the DAK Diorama Alex. Tell me more about the canopy on the Desert transport. BTW, the Panzer II looks great.

Carlos

Thanks. I used the same canopy but sprayed it with watered down glue then I wrapped it with tissue paper that you use for gift bags. Once dry, paint it.

8ton3.jpg

Wow, that's nice Alex.

Is that KC's Prime mover (WS52) from the WS series? I get the tissue paper idea. Wow, but where did you or how did you create frame work to place the canopy covering over that?

BTW, the canopy looks great but I bet its pretty fragile.

Carlos

Oh no this is a 21st Century prime mover that I repainted. If making one from totally scratch then I would use plastic styrene.

Alex:

21st Century is a great scale for KC considering it is suppose to be 1/32. Of course that is after an expert painter has put the finishing touches on them.

Here is one I had done a few months ago, but I like weathering (chips) better on your's than mine.

Good job,

Carlos

AK 5.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back