Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (3 Viewers)

Firebat said:
Even Closer to the action

Firebat, are you also "Sgt. Rock" on the other forum? I see the same dio pix as posted here. Just curious. BTW your dioramas are great!
N-P

Last edited:
noli-poli said:
Firebat, are you also "Sgt. Rock" on the other forum? I see the same dio pix as posted here. Just curious. BTW your dioramas are great!
N-P

Yes, he's the same guy N-P. I hope I'm not telling to many tales by saying he initially went over to the other forum after a few hard core K & C members beat him up on Treefrog after he suggested that certain K & C products needed some better detail. I can recall getting a similar kicking last year - I just kicked back harder - but we're all friends now :)

Last edited:
noli-poli said:
N-P
Yea thats me.............

Firebat said:
Thanks, I appreciate it. I will do most of my speaking through pictures for now on. I thought about it, and I was wrong for not appreciating the pure collectors side of the hobby, one day I would like to see one of those fantastic collections. Maybe one day you will do a diorama...Alex

You have to come to Louis' symposium next year. He's got an amazing collection, with some unique pieces. He's only about an hour or so away from us.

Alex

Your work is outstanding. I have made myself a slide show of your work. Keep up the great work.

Your friend,

Firebat said:
Yea thats me.............

I like your dios. The terrain looks so natural unlike those pre-made dio bases. Looks like you tilled some soil in your garden and posed your tanks & figures. Anyways, great work!

N-P

:) Top of the bill, sgt. Rock!
I can't believe what you can do with a handfull figs, a few panthers and a Xmas tree .... I have opened the "rock collection" on my PC. I have enough space to receive more of this stuff! Thanks Alex:eek:
Eddy

bricoleur said:
:) Top of the bill, sgt. Rock!
I can't believe what you can do with a handfull figs, a few panthers and a Xmas tree .... I have opened the "rock collection" on my PC. I have enough space to receive more of this stuff! Thanks Alex:eek:
Eddy
Actually you have a point there, The dioramas I have done so far can be made in a few hours, mostly with model railroad supplies, dirt, and an eye for prospective, knowledge of WWII history and a little ingenuity. I have been a little busy this Summer landscaping my new pool (Iwo Diorama), and I need more figures and props. As soon as the Fall comes, and I am inside more, then we will get down to real business. Its relatively easy, every one should try it. It makes you "Love this Stuff" more....I am glad everyone is enjoying it. Alex / FireRock / Sargebat

Last edited:
Firebat said:
Actually you have a point there, The dioramas I have done so far can be made in a few hours, mostly with model railroad supplies, dirt, and an eye for prospective, knowledge of WWII history and a little ingenuity. I have been a little busy this Summer landscaping my new pool (Iwo Diorama), and I need more figures and props. As soon as the Fall comes, and I am inside more, then we will get down to real business. Its relatively easy, every one should try it. It makes you "Love this Stuff" more....I am glad everyone is enjoying it. Alex / FireRock / Sargebat

I do hate to see that dirt on the HB Panther. Looks great but whew they are expensive. Conte has done some interesting dio work with its Alamo series. I posted this before but anyway:

http://www.conteco.com/TheStore/Alamo/funpics405.htm

Napoleonic action.Russians , Prussians and Austrains{ Austrians arent even in the images but theres a huge column coming down the road!}and of course the French.

JULY191.jpg

JULY192.jpg

Fubar

Russians hold the hill and French breaking into the village held by Prussians and Brunswickers.Theres a frontline Bavarian gun and crew in there too.
FubarJULY195.jpg

JULY194.jpg

Fubar

Great work - you can't beat the nice uniforms, especially en masse.:)

Kevin

Musn't weaken:eek:

FUBAR those are some great pictures!!!! I wish the furum didn,t restrict the picture size so munch becuase it looks like you had to reduce them, killing the detail of the pictures but they still look great. I always love to see your massive napoleonic set ups. Do you have any more pictures of that set up? Please post more if you do.

My Genius daughter showed me how to download larger images
Also let me know if you're able to download this picture...Firebat
aok221rl4.png

jazzeum said:
You have to come to Louis' symposium next year. He's got an amazing collection, with some unique pieces. He's only about an hour or so away from us.

Yea....That sounds great let me know...Alex

Combat........I do hate to see that dirt on the HB Panther.

In a previous post I mentioned my fear of altering, weathering etc. any of the expensive pieces. Some how I convinced myself that with the amount of product out there now, and the longer retirement periods, the collectability value will not be as great in the newer products (I hope I am wrong) so I decided to treat them just like my old 1/35 scale stuff. It seems anytime I get onto a hobby for the collectability, the values are just not there (NASCAR Diecast - Most of my 1/6th scale stuff and whatever)..I am just having fun with it, and as many of you have said. That is all that counts............Alex

Last edited:
Firebat said:
Combat........I do hate to see that dirt on the HB Panther.

In a previous post I mentioned my fear of altering, weathering etc. any of the expensive pieces. Some how I convinced myself that with the amount of product out there now, and the longer retirement periods, the collectability value will not be as great in the newer products (I hope I am wrong) so I decided to treat them just like my old 1/35 scale stuff. It seems anytime I get onto a hobby for the collectability, the values are just not there (NASCAR Diecast - Most of my 1/6th scale stuff and whatever)..I am just having fun with it and as many of you have said. That is all that counts............Alex

I do not think that you are wrong with the value of our collection: no limits in the production of a regular item (as long as they sell) and Strictly Limited Edition at 1 250 exemplaries:eek: . One notable exception: NMA. Will see in three - five years.

Pierre.

This is one of my 100% scratch built dioramas. The scale is 1/32. The file size is a bit small so you can't really see the details. Oh well.

Attachments

• Green Shutter House.jpg
    Green Shutter House.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back