Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (3 Viewers)

maddadicus said:
I wanted you to know that I appreciated your photos of the K/C Napoleonics. I hope the wounded troops are easily mended for you...Thanks Michael
Thanks michael, but it wouldn,t be a battle without a few wounded troops.:p Yes i had one highlander fall and the musket bent and chipped the paint and the bayonet fell off. And another highlander with a bent bayonet that i tried to straighten that fell off and the plum off a dragoon fell off. The hand of one of the dragoon flag bearers fell out of its socket but was an easy fix. I think i,ll just replace them because no matter how many times you reglue broken bayonets they just seem fall right back off again. I think i,ll just leave them all cramped up in the glass cabinet for safe keeping for now because its hard for me to get them in and out of the cabinet because its small and opens from the side and the wife only lets me have the two bottoms shelfs.:mad: I,ll try and take some more pictures after all the rest of the napoleonics are released. I didn,t like the the way they came out and i hade to reduce them so munch to get them to post (it killed all the detail)that it seemed like a waste of time for the end results(broken figures).

Heres a picture of the cabinet problem. You can see how cramped they are and it only has one side door thats hard for me to access and not munch hight to the selfs because I cut a piece of glass to add another shelf. The wife had all the others so I snuck in a new shelf and it took her a few days to even notice.This is a good trick for you guys who share cabinets with the wifes nicknacks. The other photo is of my del prado collection and a few other napoleonics. I made the the piece to fit into the self to display the figures at different hights. Its something real easy to make, its just a bunch of 2x4 ,2x6,2x8, ect. glued or nailed together stacked to the hight and cut to the size you need and then covered with a roll of that hobby matt grass stuff glued over it and its looks pretty cool.

Attachments

• DSC00100.JPG
    DSC00100.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC00101.JPG
    DSC00101.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC00103.JPG
    DSC00103.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC00093.JPG
    DSC00093.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Here is a close up of the multi hight self I built. Cheap but effective.It lets you see all the figures and not just the figures up front.

Last edited:
I forgot to add the photo on the last post.

Attachments

• DSC00096.JPG
    DSC00096.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 419
I never thought of that tiered look in the existing shelf space. I only have 1 dedicated cabinet for my stuff and it is a glass in front door only setup. No side views....By copying your idea, It would certainly show off more of my buried figures. Thanks for the pics...Michael PS I was born in Pawtucket ,R.I....I noticed your Mass. location

I,m right on the rhode island line. The next town over from me is tiverton R.I. and thats were I do most of my fishing. I love them big rhode island stripped bass!

Hey Fishead, are you going to the Dedham show in April, maybe we can meet up and say "hi" to George G. You can tell me why I should be collecting Napoleonics and I'll try and talk you into WWII.:D

Fred

boot51 said:
Hey Fishead, are you going to the Dedham show in April, maybe we can meet up and say "hi" to George G. You can tell me why I should be collecting Napoleonics and I'll try and talk you into WWII.:D

Fred
Yes i,ll be there its a great show and we should hook up and say high to each other, just think of the bright side to hooking up with a napoleonic nut you don,t have to worry about me beating you to any good WWII stuff.:D Have you been to any of the shows in dedham yet? I,m thinking yes if you mentioned george. he always has some great deals at the show and is a great guy to deal with._______________________________________TIM

Dear Fishhead, I sure miss the clamcakes, doughboys, and chowder, and quahoging ( clamming to outsiders )in the bay. Michael

How long has it been since you left Little rhody? Digging quahogs:) I haven,t done that in years. Thats when I know your from the area when I hear the word quahog:D becuase if you drive 50 miles in any direction and say quahog they look at you funny like your from another planet. I just ate a good stuffed quahog last night but their just not as good as the ones my portuguese grandmother would make with her portuguese stuffing with chourico in it. YUMMY!!!

Tim, it'll be my first Dedham show, just been collecting for about a month now. I talked to George a couple weeks ago, we talked so long it killed both of our phone batteries. I got my WS-71 King Tiger from him, great guy, heard of him through this forum, I think Louis recommended him. It'll be great to see one from the forum at the show.
By the way Michael, it's pronounced "chowda".;)

Fred

fishead19690 said:
I forgot to add the photo on the last post.

Fishead,

I love your idea of tiering your display of soldiers. It maximizes on limited display area.

Carlos

" How long has it been since you left Little rhody? Digging quahogs I haven,t done that in years. Thats when I know your from the area when I hear the word quahog becuase if you drive 50 miles in any direction and say quahog they look at you funny like your from another planet. I just ate a good stuffed quahog last night but their just not as good as the ones my portuguese grandmother would make with her portuguese stuffing with chourico in it. YUMMY!!!"

Some 20 years. As a kid, my family would rent a beach house and we would spend a week there..Most of my family still lives in Pawtucket. We visit 1 or 2 times a year still. There are no grinders or coffee milk in P.A. either. Somedays I miss the old days, but I do not miss the superfast pace of New England. Everything there moves too quickly for my tastes anymore...Take care, Michael

Last edited:
Finally finished the Church & Priority

Last edited:
I think the coloring on the Church came A-OK!

Last edited:
Heres the match up with the Priority & courtyard

Last edited:
Heres the Priority roof (wife's custom paint job) and the door carved out of

cherry stock, before I decided to paint it.

Last edited:
Matching custom made gates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back