Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (5 Viewers)

Two sets matched up nicely.

Last edited:
Okay I know I'm no Ken Olsen........I think of myself more as an Olsen &

Johnson!! It was certainly a lot of fun to do!

Last shot

Njja

Last edited:
Did you make that add on piece yourself njja? It looks pretty cool. If so could you give us the run down on what you used and how you did it.

We custom painted the pieces to match each other, (the wife loves to

paint) she did a lot of work on the roofs. I using a dremel tool custom made

the two gates on the courtyard wall and the door on the Priority. All were

carved from Cherry stock, before I decided to paint them (original thought

was to stain them). You have to do some trimming to get a nice fit. But

I think it makes a wonderful base for a diorama. I have a spare wall for the

Church, so next I'm going to enlarge it by adding to the roof to double its

size.

Njja

Here's a couple of pics I took ages ago using K&C FJ's and FOV tank, diorama and accesories.

P1010262a.jpg

P1010261a.jpg

NJJA, VERY NICE. Your customization is very cool. Wish I could do as good a job, if I had the set. Never occured to me to add wooden doors and gates. I have 5 other Conte' buildings that I will look at to see if I can spif them up. Tell your wife for me, bravo zulu (great job). :) Michael

sceic2 said:
NJJA, VERY NICE. Your customization is very cool. Wish I could do as good a job, if I had the set. Never occured to me to add wooden doors and gates. I have 5 other Conte' buildings that I will look at to see if I can spif them up. Tell your wife for me, bravo zulu (great job). :) Michael
Thanks Michael she will appreciate your thoughts! It is really a lot of fun,

some good brushes, Tamiya Acrylic Paint and a little patience and your off

to the races. My wife used to be an interior decorator so all I have to do is

suggest we mix say purple on the roof and green for the shutters......and

she's off! She still refuses to enter my den, last time she dusted she mixed

up a display and I had Patton & Rommel fighting Ceasar & Sherlock Homes!

Njja:eek:

Njja said:
Thanks Michael she will appreciate your thoughts! It is really a lot of fun,

some good brushes, Tamiya Acrylic Paint and a little patience and your off

to the races. My wife used to be an interior decorator so all I have to do is

suggest we mix say purple on the roof and green for the shutters......and

she's off! She still refuses to enter my den, last time she dusted she mixed

up a display and I had Patton & Rommel fighting Ceasar & Sherlock Homes!

Njja:eek:

I’m jealous Njja,

I have many of the Conte buildings too including the Church. The little additions you’ve added along with that great paint job top my buildings. I’m not as handy with the brush has your wife is. You’re very lucky. By the way isn’t there suppose to be statute of the Virgin Mary in the courtyard? If so, I’m messing mine too.

Coincidentally, I’ve just finished a big two table diorama scene without any figures or armor yet with the exception of a couple figures to give the scene some scale.

I’m trying to figure out what theme I should do. Heck, I have plenty of vehicles, figures, and armor from just about manufacturer out there.

Hey guys any ideas? Check it out below...

Carlos

P2250025.JPG

P2250080.JPG

P2250104.JPG

P2250077.JPG

2A.jpg

Carlos:

That is really coming along nicely! It's going to be something to see when

you get it finished! Be sure to keep us updated! Yes there are several tomb

stones, and a statue of the Virgin Mary that belong in the courtyard. It is

difficult to get those unless you are lucky enough to find the complete set.

I am probably going to make a couple of headstones myself or see if

someone such as Ken Olsen is making something along that line. I've been

lucky enough to find two Churchs, I'm probably only going to keep one, and

now I'm looking for the house from the 1st D-day playset.

Njja

desk11desk12 said:
I’m jealous Njja,

I have many of the Conte buildings too including the Church. The little additions you’ve added along with that great paint job top my buildings. I’m not as handy with the brush has your wife is. You’re very lucky. By the way isn’t there suppose to be statute of the Virgin Mary in the courtyard? If so, I’m messing mine too.

Coincidentally, I’ve just finished a big two table diorama scene without any figures or armor yet with the exception of a couple figures to give the scene some scale.

I’m trying to figure out what theme I should do. Heck, I have plenty of vehicles, figures, and armor from just about manufacturer out there.

Hey guys any ideas? Check it out below...

Carlos

This looks brilliant - I don't have the space or time yet but this is certainly something to aspire to. Still can't get the larger pictures shrunk either...

Attachments

• IMG_1570a.JPG
    IMG_1570a.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 368
Carlos, Bravo Zulu, very, very nice set up. It looks like a patrol or column would be coming up on a ruined village. Very well done. It gives me lots of ideas. :) Michael

Carlos,

Your work is very, very impressive! Where do you plan to place/show your work? Will it be in your home or do you have another placement in mind? I can hardly wait to see the finished project!

Warm regards,

Pat

wadepat said:
Carlos,

Your work is very, very impressive! Where do you plan to place/show your work? Will it be in your home or do you have another placement in mind? I can hardly wait to see the finished project!

Warm regards,

Pat

Thanks wadepat:

Like so many of us, the only display is our home. Its great we have this forum to display our passion. Here are some more stills,

2.JPG

1.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

You'll notice that I added a couple of the new Conte figures. I haven't figured out the exact layout yet. I'm thinking of using this as "Hollywood studio backlot" where I just change themes.

I'm contemplating doing plastics (Conte, TSSD, FOV) first, then later do KC and Conte metal, Britains, ONTC later.

Carlos

Carlos,

Man!, you've got some talent there. The pontoon bridge and the chruch in the background. What a scene!

Carlos,

Whenever you finally run out of room to display your work in your home, I would be willing to let you store some of your finished products in my basement! It is well lighted and I can promise you that I would spend many hours admiring, uh, I mean, guarding it!

You do wonderful work.

Warmest regards,

Pat

Has anyone come up with any techniques to straighten the bases of Conte foam buildings ? I'm looking at some of the posted Conte church pictures and the bases all seem to be lying flat. My church court yard base is warped. I was considering gluing it down to a a two inch thick piece of foam insulation so it would be easier to get everything to fit together. Any thoughts ?

Toy Soldier Brigade said:
Has anyone come up with any techniques to straighten the bases of Conte foam buildings ? I'm looking at some of the posted Conte church pictures and the bases all seem to be lying flat. My church court yard base is warped. I was considering gluing it down to a a two inch thick piece of foam insulation so it would be easier to get everything to fit together. Any thoughts ?

I have been lucky with my Conte buildings, aside from a little trimming they
are fairly straight. I would keep them away from extremes of temperature and direct sunlight which play havoc with nearly everything hobby related. I don't have a clue what would repair a warped base, but I would suggest you contact Ken Olsen he may have an answer for this problem.

Njja:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back