Britain's Zulu War (7 Viewers)

Another group of nicely presented photos LT and nice pickups Gazza. (Still have to get those last 4 figures)

The new releases seem a bit sloppy no? I know the close up camera is brutal but...
I am disappointed- I have a huge diorama in the making and am always looking for new additions. I will have to see these in person!

anyone else feel this way?
Grant

The new releases seem a bit sloppy no? I know the close up camera is brutal but...
I am disappointed- I have a huge diorama in the making and am always looking for new additions. I will have to see these in person!

anyone else feel this way?
Grant

I think the close up camera is very brutal; it can make most manufacturers look somewhat sloppy. I have the figures with my others and when I compare them they look good.

Gazza

i think the close up camera is very brutal; it can make most manufacturers look somewhat sloppy. I have the figures with my others and when i compare them they look good.

Gazza

Tend to disagree with you in this case Gazza the painting of the figures shown are poorly painted. It's not the close ups of the camera being brutal it's the way the figures have been painted. This applies only to the single figures an not the figures of the water cart.............The Lt.

I was treading lightly . The I'm with the Lt. My first impression was yikes! it isnt even a matter of touching up- they have colored outside the lines! I will need some of these -fortunatley I can paint! On close inspection i noticed the sudan series had slipped as well. still love them...just not as happy.
Grant

they are very nice sculpts...as always from WB...maybe they did slip past the quality control of the proofer...but anyone that can paint a little should be able to clean them up nicely...

It may just be these or perhaps the photography as Martyns (on the previous page don't appear to be like these)

While collecting my Nile Paddle boat I managed to pick up 5 new AZW figures

N66.jpg

N87.jpg

N88.jpg

N94.jpg

N95.jpg

Cheers

Martyn :)

While waiting for the WOW Zulu Series headed our way this year thought I'd get a little play time with the old at the Mission Station............The Lt.

2001-5.jpg

1011-4.jpg

2023.jpg

1010-1.jpg

Very nice Papa Z and joining in the fun and sharing some older photos I took when I first started collecting.

seenbythe24th.jpg

seenbythezulus.jpg

JUN20093.jpg

JANzulu5.jpg

Joe and Scott . . . . . A great looking series of photos from both of you . . . . .
:) Mike

Thanks Mike and Scott it was great to see you joining me with a selction of your photos on your birthday an hopefully you had a few addtions join your collection an hope it was a great day my friend.............Joe

Unlike they were featured in the Movie Zulu the wagons were not tip over on their sides. Using my lately arrived Christmas presents of the two WB wagons I've set them up using both wagons an assorted WB mealie bags to feature them as closely as possible as they would have appeared in the defense of the mission station without featuring them attached to either of the buildings. Note the placement of the mealie bags which you'll note are placed under the wagons and the defenders behind them which the Zulus would have faced during the first assualt against the Mission Station and it South Wall.......The Lt.

002-17.jpg

005-11.jpg

001-14.jpg

Nicely photographed Joe with good informative historical commentary . . .
:) Mike

Wonderful pics guys! Enjoy viewing your dios very much. You mean the movie got it wrong (regarding thewagons)?!! :eek: Particuarly like the detail of the Zulu picking up the blouse off the fallen soldier in shirtsleeves. Nice touch, maybe a modified fig? Chris

Scott...your pictures look really nice...glad to see you having a little fun instead of working so hard...

Papa...thanks for the history lesson on the wagons...the pictures look great...

Thanks Gents!!

Chris, are you referring to my photo 2nd one down of the Zulu in the redcoat standing over the dead 24th foot soldier? If so that was an exclusive piece made by WB for Model Zone in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back