College Football - 2016 (1 Viewer)

Alabama and Ole Miss are tangled up in a shootout but I have given up trying to watch it. Nothing but reviews every other play. No flow and taking forever. Anyway, the O's game is about to start, as is the UMd game, and the Navy game. The NCAA needs to reign in this review process as it is killing the game. -- Al

UMd and Navy each won again today, running their records to 3-0. Both games were hard fought and close, Navy by 7, and Terps by 6 in OT. A win is a win. -- Al

Wow, they hung 63 on the Noles.................poor bubba, he's gonna be upset............................that post game speech will be one for the ages...........

As a fan, this was tough to watch. But it happened...........they got flat outplayed by a better team today. I guess my worry of missing Derwyn was founded, holy smokes, that defense looks lost without #3. But again, Lville played a near perfect game on both sides of the ball, not sure anyone would have beat them today.

As to Notre Dame, way to go MSU, they held on and won.

Al - Terps..............look I want to like them again, but Double OT against a Directional Florida school that went 0 for 12 last year??????????? Good Lord, not quite ready for prime time but you are right a win is a win.

FSU needs to take serious inventory on defense or today is going to be a blueprint on how to embarrass them.

Ole Miss...................***??? Between the refs, reviews and dare I say the Choke, Bama was a goner. I gave up, but then saw it was a 5 point game.

Georgia - Dawgs came back, great finish if anyone saw it against Mizzou.

TD

Alabama is something else, my hat is off to that program, just a total machine; they can take they'rn and beat your'n and take your'n and beat they'rn or something like that.....................and if the score held up, OU's season is over two games in.

It's Alabama and Michigan for me here on out...................

Alabama is something else, my hat is off to that program, just a total machine; they can take they'rn and beat your'n and take your'n and beat they'rn or something like that.....................and if the score held up, OU's season is over two games in.

It's Alabama and Michigan for me here on out...................

Michigan and Ohio St. will be a real war. Louisville was impressive but I'm not sure they have the D to beat teams like Bama. Saban, Myers, and Harbaugh can coach some college football. I wonder when the last time that Florida St, Oklahoma, ND, and USC all lost on the same weekend? I think Ok, SC and Nd are something like a combined 3-6 this year.

As a fan, this was tough to watch. But it happened...........they got flat outplayed by a better team today. I guess my worry of missing Derwyn was founded, holy smokes, that defense looks lost without #3. But again, Lville played a near perfect game on both sides of the ball, not sure anyone would have beat them today.

Al - Terps..............look I want to like them again, but Double OT against a Directional Florida school that went 0 for 12 last year??????????? Good Lord, not quite ready for prime time but you are right a win is a win.

FSU needs to take serious inventory on defense or today is going to be a blueprint on how to embarrass them.

Ole Miss...................***??? Between the refs, reviews and dare I say the Choke, Bama was a goner. I gave up, but then saw it was a 5 point game.

TD
Ton, I watched the Terps and I was not impressed by their showing in this game. They were fortunate to win as a somewhat borderline turnover call went their way, allowing them the ball and the eventual win. Could just as easily gone the other way. I expect the balloon will explode, big time, when UMd hits the Big 10 part of the schedule. :wink2:
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I gave up on the 'Bama game, even though it was a shootout. The refs and reviews ruined it for me. -- Al

Alabama and Ole Miss are tangled up in a shootout but I have given up trying to watch it. Nothing but reviews every other play. No flow and taking forever. Anyway, the O's game is about to start, as is the UMd game, and the Navy game. The NCAA needs to reign in this review process as it is killing the game. -- Al

I almost never watch a game live anymore. I record them and then get to skip over the stuff that is annoying. My "clicker" has a jump button that is almost perfectly timed so I can go from one play to another. Of course, hurry ups and no huddles can foil this, but as they said on Saturday Ole Miss' no huddle was not really "fastball football" either.

I really enjoyed watching it, and it took less than 2 hours and I do not feel like I missed anything. I just cannot sit through the live stuff unless it is a National Championship or Super Bowl party where the game is not the only attraction.

TD

Who or what is the Choke? Kiffin?

I enjoyed the game, and love this rivalry between Ole Miss and Alabama. It does create a problem in my Dad's side of the family as they live on the Alabama/Mississippi border with many Bama, Ole Miss and State alumni. Just makes it even better.

Who or what is the Choke? Kiffin?

I enjoyed the game, and love this rivalry between Ole Miss and Alabama. It does create a problem in my Dad's side of the family as they live on the Alabama/Mississippi border with many Bama, Ole Miss and State alumni. Just makes it even better.

Sorry, I meant Ole Miss choked. They should not lose that game, but they did through bad play calling, mainly execution and clock management. When you are up 24-3, no reason to hurry. They did and the foot came off the gas as well as the wheels fell off the car as well as they are not in good shape to play 4 qtrs. FSU did the same thing to them, whittled them down. I like the Rebels too, but they should not have lost.

TD

Sorry, I meant Ole Miss choked. They should not lose that game, but they did through bad play calling, mainly execution and clock management. When you are up 24-3, no reason to hurry. They did and the foot came off the gas as well as the wheels fell off the car as well as they are not in good shape to play 4 qtrs. FSU did the same thing to them, whittled them down. I like the Rebels too, but they should not have lost.

TD

It's funny but there are some schools that you always know are going to come from behind like Notre Dame, Alabama, Florida St. (ok not last weekend but in general) to a make a game close. And then there are some like Ole Miss that constantly seem to get ahead by two or three TDs only to end up losing. I would put Michigan St. in there too. When they get up a couple TDs they seem to into that horrible soft D and conservative play calling. Before you know it big mo has switched back to the other sideline and it becomes a game.

A lot of middling games this week that are especially tough to pick. But here goes:

Ole Miss 34 Georgia 20 - the Rebs can only choke so often. The law of averages is on their side this week for the upset. Not impressed by the Dogs.

Mich. St. 24 Wisconsin 13 - typical ugly matchup. MSU looked great for about 3/4ths of a game against the Irish. They are a solid team.

Tennessee 30 Florida 27 - could go either way. The Vols have not impressed.

USC 27 Utah 24 - the mighty Trojans get a Friday night game in the land of the Utes. Hopefully it is not snowing. Must win for SC after two miserable beatdowns.

I have a feeling that Stanford needs to be on some sort of "upset alert". I hope Shaw has them ready as this UCLA team is the type that has given the Cardinal trouble in the past.

I have a feeling that Stanford needs to be on some sort of "upset alert". I hope Shaw has them ready as this UCLA team is the type that has given the Cardinal trouble in the past.

The great thing about playing physical football like Stanford is that there is no way for other teams to scheme around it. You have to beat them at their own game and that is not easy. The Bruins are a soft finesse team. They should wear them out in the second half.

Duke is hanging tough with ND. Makes me feel better about the demise of my USC Trojans.

The great thing about playing physical football like Stanford is that there is no way for other teams to scheme around it. You have to beat them at their own game and that is not easy. The Bruins are a soft finesse team. They should wear them out in the second half.

Great game, thankfully The Cardinal pulled it out at the very end after trailing for most of the game.

Incredible that Duke went into ND's house and won. It was a good game. -- Al

That was a shocker. I think the ND D coordinator may need his suitcases very soon. If Duke had a decent FG kicker they would have scored almost 50. They had something like 500 yards in offense. I was also surprised that Wisconsin put a major beat down on Mich St after they had beat down on ND last week.

The LSU head coach rumors are getting out of hand with some news wires reporting that LSU plans on reaching out to Nick Saban and Urban Meyer.

Who else is on the list? Bear Bryant?

As a light rain renders central PA without power due to our crumbling infrastructure it leaves time to pick em for this week. A couple of biggies on the schedule:

Washington 31 Stanford 24 - on the road at night in a place where it always seems to have rain, fog, and wind on weekday game nights means trouble. Stanford's fatal flaw is that they are not a team that will score a lot of points or come from behind. If the Dogs jump them early it might be upset time. I see a fired up UW team out for blood.

Tennessee 30 Georgia 17 - two inconsistent teams so far. Georgia has been awful. TN seems to be righting the ship but coming off that big win over Florida may be out of gas for this one on the road.

Clemson 38 Louisville 35 - Top five matchup. The Louisville QB is far and away the best offensive player in college football. Should be a real shootout. The difference is home field and big game experience.

Michigan 20 Wisconsin 17 - the Badgers are killing me with wins over LSU and Mich St. I'm not sold on Michigan at #4. This the fifth straight home game and the first against a ranked opponent. They win close and Jimmy Harblow moves on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back