College Football - 2016 (3 Viewers)

Two dominating wins and we have Bama vs Clemson again for the title. Clemson really impressed me. Should be an epic battle for the crown. -- Al

Good run for me as far as coaches I can't stand. Harbaugh got his and now Meyer has been humbled. All I can hope for is a 'Bama loss and my deafted coaching hat trick will be complete.

Good run for me as far as coaches I can't stand. Harbaugh got his and now Meyer has been humbled. All I can hope for is a 'Bama loss and my deafted coaching hat trick will be complete.

Here Here, Urban Meyer.............shut out! First time in life I rooted for the ClemSEN Tigers and Dumbo Sweeney.

TD

All you 49er fans are alike; I hear the same thing from my son. Don't blame Harbaugh for leaving but the now departed GM. As the 49ers struggle in the next few years, you will probably look on that period with nostalgia.

All you 49er fans are alike; I hear the same thing from my son. Don't blame Harbaugh for leaving but the now departed GM. As the 49ers struggle in the next few years, you will probably look on that period with nostalgia.

Brad:

My dislike for Harbaugh has nothing to do with his coaching ability, I dislike his personalty and attitude. The same goes for Saban.

-Jason

Heard this morning that Lane Kiffin will not be on the Bama sideline for the National Championship game. I think I am in favor of this.

I did not understand why it took so long to go to Scarborough the other night. Not sure Kiffin's head is in it, or worse.

Absolutely fantastic Rose Bowl game, unless you are a fan of defense. Hard to believe that 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter comeback. A very entertaining game. -- Al

Absolutely fantastic Rose Bowl game, unless you are a fan of defense. Hard to believe that 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter comeback. A very entertaining game. -- Al

That was a crazy game. As a USC grad living in PA it was quite the cultural clash as well. PSt. scored TDs on something like seven straight drives including four TDs on consecutive offensive plays. I've never seen anything like that - and then they still managed to lose. The field was in awful condition. The NCAA and Rose Bowl should be embarrassed to play a game on that field. I hate the idea of players who get a full scholarship deciding to let their teamates down by passing on bowl games to avoid injury, but after watching those guys slipping around and Adoree Jackson hurting his leg I'm more sympathetic. And the officials. UGH. If SC had lost, I was going to take the high road and let it go, but since they won it isn't sour grapes to say that crew was absolutely awful.

That was a crazy game. As a USC grad living in PA it was quite the cultural clash as well. PSt. scored TDs on something like seven straight drives including four TDs on consecutive offensive plays. I've never seen anything like that - and then they still managed to lose. The field was in awful condition. The NCAA and Rose Bowl should be embarrassed to play a game on that field. I hate the idea of players who get a full scholarship deciding to let their teamates down by passing on bowl games to avoid injury, but after watching those guys slipping around and Adoree Jackson hurting his leg I'm more sympathetic. And the officials. UGH. If SC had lost, I was going to take the high road and let it go, but since they won it isn't sour grapes to say that crew was absolutely awful.

And I thought the FSU game was pins and needles. This one, holy smokes, what a game. I am happy that USC won, they showed tremendous resolve when down 14 late with nothing going right. How the tide turned quick and they capitalized on it, what a game.

TD

Both teams played at epic levels. That was the type of game where you hate the fact that someone has to lose.

USC will be a pre-season top 5 team later this year.

Yeah, it's tough if you start off by spotting your opponent 17 points. Granted, Penn State came back to overcome that deficit, but if they hadn't given up those points, USC's comeback wouldn't have been enough.

Still, yes, it was a great game.

Prost!
Brad

Dumbo goes for it on fourth down, Bama stuffs the run, 6 plays later, TD Tide.

Seven zip Bama.

Funny not to see Saban screaming at Kiffin on the sideline early...........oh yeah, he's already gone......................

Another good TD for Bama. Beginning to look like Clemson is overmatched tonight. -- Al

Clemson takes the lead and we now have a real barn-burner going. Terrific game worthy of the hype. -- Al
Booyah! What a tremendous game. Good thing I don't bet. I would have bet Bama (and it looked good after 3 quarters) and I would never have bet the over on the point total. A shocking collapse by the Bama defense. Clemson earned and deserved this title. -- Al

Yes, it was a great one. Had Alabama used a little more click, they might have won it.

Great game. Both teams proved that they deserved to be there. Lots of players in that game will be playing on Sundays next fall.

Great game. Both deserved to win for a lot of reasons, but I think Clemson was just going to win no matter what at the end.

Bama just didn't have one more defense in them, as Brad said, more clock should have been used. Another thing and I really don't have any skin in this game, the 2 Clemson TD's by Pick Plays will be debated forever especially the one with 1 sec left. Crazy thing is, if that penalty was called, that would be the end of the game as the 10 sec runoff would have applied. Can you imagine those news stories?

My advice to Alabama is , you knew what was coming, hard to grouse about it now. The officials were allowing a lot of contact and picks all night by the receivers, those line judges were not inclined to throw a flag!

Now being a next day morning coach, if I was Bama, I would have used their time out once Clemson lined up on that last play.

TD

Yes, it was a great one. Had Alabama used a little more click, they might have won it.

Also, would have kept their defense off the field and then they might have had a little gas at the end.

Yes, the picks and push-offs were there, but it was the inability of the Bama offense grind it out in the second half that lost the game. If they had gotten the calls it would have been a lucky and controversial victory. As a Bama fan I think I actually prefer the loss than having the refs hand it to us.

The only time I thought Bama was in real trouble was after they scored to take the lead and left Clemson with 2 minutes to play with. Bama's defense was gassed, and as everyone has pointed out, had Bama taken another 2 or 3 plays to score, no time left for Clemson. Clemson showed really big ones going for the TD with 6 seconds left on the clock. There would have been no time left for a FG attempt, barring a defensive penalty. The receiver caught the pass with one second left on the clock, so had he dropped or bobbled, or just missed the ball, by the time it hits the ground and is blown dead, there is zero time left. I was kind of amazed Clemson went for it. I expected a FG and a probable Clemson win in OT, as tired as the Bama defense was. It was a game for the ages, sort of like the 2016 game. Great way to close out the NCAA season, even if I am a Bama fan. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back