Comprehensive sneak peek (1 Viewer)

Are those all K&C figures on the Texas Toy soldier page show?

Two figures here caught my eye:

2nd from the right, the Renaissance figure with pike.
And the Medieval Archer third from the right.

Unless they were collector's club figures I missed, I don't think I've seen the before. I looked at First Legion's website as well and they don't appear to be their products. I hope they represent some upcoming figures...

Both of those are Aeroart figures. The Maximilian Landsknecht is figure # 5185. I would have to dig a little deeper to find the number for the archer.

Absolutely how I felt when I viewed that page...incredible BBG releases heading our way!! Figure # BBG052 stands out in particular amidst the brilliant new stug and panzerspahwagen. Great stuff K & C! :smile2: Thanks for the tip Hetzer and for posting all the pages Rob. Very exciting stuff!

My pleasure Joe.

What an excellent edition of Collector, so many new items to look at, all the German releases look fantastic and that looks like a new Bofors gun. Great to see K&C showcasing like this just in time for Chicago.

Rob

Both of those are Aeroart figures. The Maximilian Landsknecht is figure # 5185. I would have to dig a little deeper to find the number for the archer.

Thanks (and thanks John).

I think it's a testament to how far K&C's sculpting has come that K&C's figures look good next to Aeroart's. I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see K&C take a stab at the Renaissance.

Well done to Gordon for that excellent diorama and congratulations to the collector who commissioned it. Hopefully
he also has the Lighthorse series as well for when the WWII troops need some R&R.

Great Collector.

Regards
Brett

I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see K&C take a stab at the Renaissance.

This was posed to Andy before. His reply "Sorry, not interested… I don’t know enough about the period."

A pity because the K&C style can be quite interesting for this colourful period.

I also had my jaw dropping when I saw the new German Bulge AFV`s and figures! I`ll be placing a pre-order first thing tomorrow... Congratulations to Hetzer, the new forum member that made his debut pointing out this remarkable find!{sm4}

Welcome Hetzer, you entered the forum with a "bang"
I had a good look at the collectors magazine . The BBG figures are awesome. For me definitely the Sd.Kfz 234 and BBG 040/041/047/052.
That will leave a hole in my pocket . But I am lucky , beginning Nov the Treasury pays me back a couple of thousands of €s. So I will be able to afford them
guy:p

The new stuff looks very interesting. I see a few figures I might purchase in the future. Especially like the way Life Of Jesus series is going....

Yeah, it definately looks as though there will be some great new additions to the Life of Jesus series. That oxe cart looks just great and I wonder if that new gateway and the walls will be available. Some really neat new stuff, other than WWII. Very exciting.

Hello folks,

thank you very much for the warm welcome and the nice congratulations. Posting these news is the minimum I could do! I for myself have been always interested in informations about what´s in the pipeline beyond the monthly dispatches. It makes the hobby much more enjoyable and bearable regarding funds and planning! The worldwide best place to gather such information has always been this forum for me. So it was time to give something back!!!

The new BOB items are "incroyable" - aren´t they? Figurewise I prefer BBA045 `The G.I. Chef´(something new and really needed) on the american and BBG052 `Panzergrenadier holding Stgw 44´(as it depicts very well a german soldier fighting during the last winter of the war) on the german side. Nevertheless there´s one minor thing within this and the last dispatches I´m a little bit picky about. Have you noticed the way all the recent tank and jeep commanders are holding their binos. Compare DD152, LAH149, BBA052 and now BBG048/BBG049 - it´s always the same pose. As one who mainly collects AFVs and tries to build small dioramas with figures around it, it´s a little bit disappointing as the vehicle and its commander is almost always the centerpiece for the viewer. Hopefully this will not be a new trend! Otherwise great job K&C!!!

Best wishes!

P20.jpg

P18.jpg

Great stuff all round and I particularly enjoyed reading about the process of constructing the desert base, but these two Collectors Club releases really got my attention.

I wonder what happened to the hinted at 'newspaper seller' that mistakenly appeared on the Collectors Club figures page alongside the Athenian Marine before both were pulled down? The Athenian Marine (CF028) has subsequently been released but not the newspaper seller and as these are numbered CF029 and CF030 does that mean that the newspaper seller may be CF031 or been pulled altogether, what do you guys think?

Nice goodies in the collector’s magazine.

Very happy with the life of Jesus sets. Especially the Romans whom will be manning the walls and the OX Cart is great. What about that Water Tower, future release??? $$$$

Love the StuG III, G (my favorite StuG version) and hope to see them also in summer or camo version in future and same with Sd.Kfz.234. Chassis now built, hope to see more Sd.Kfz. 234 version in future.

BOB GIs are a must even over the German but I’m bias. That supply trailer is so versatile and hope see other trailer types and in OD too.

What’s the British Bofar guns?!?!? Is it a prop only, teaser or a little market research testing for collector reaction? Who knows and I’m not really caring because if it’s desert version it would be cool to have it next to the Figarti’s version and create a GREAT North Africa scene and or air field scene.

I guess stay tuned and more will be revealed.

Carlos

P.S. Just noticed on the StuG, why no MG mount?

I think this is indeed a ' Bofors teaser' . We have a desert version in this scene but am really hoping for one that will be suitable to defend my RAF airfield. Maybe it will be a 250 series release? This whole collector issue is full of superb new releases that appeal to a wide variety of collectors, and no waiting for months on end for releases for it's major ranges.

Rob

All that drama about retirements etc,this is the by product of it "New releases" what a great set of releases love those Romans..............{bravo}}

Do you think the wall tower rounded entrance way desert building on page 8 will be available eventually? sure makes a nice backdrop. Cheers, Robin.

King & Country have stated they plan to introduce new desert village pieces in the near future, so I suspect that may be one of them. It sure is a nice piece, isn't it. Lots of possibilities for that piece in all kinds of dioramas. Looks like the towers and new wall section might also be in the offerings. I absolutely love that oxe cart! Those would all be great additions to a Medieval diorama as well. George

Nice goodies in the collector’s magazine.

Very happy with the life of Jesus sets. Especially the Romans whom will be manning the walls and the OX Cart is great. What about that Water Tower, future release??? $$$$

Love the StuG III, G (my favorite StuG version) and hope to see them also in summer or camo version in future and same with Sd.Kfz.234. Chassis now built, hope to see more Sd.Kfz. 234 version in future.

BOB GIs are a must even over the German but I’m bias. That supply trailer is so versatile and hope see other trailer types and in OD too.

What’s the British Bofar guns?!?!? Is it a prop only, teaser or a little market research testing for collector reaction? Who knows and I’m not really caring because if it’s desert version it would be cool to have it next to the Figarti’s version and create a GREAT North Africa scene and or air field scene.

I guess stay tuned and more will be revealed.

Carlos

P.S. Just noticed on the StuG, why no MG mount?

Like the look of some of the BOB Germans on the back page! Looking forward to the summer version of the Sd Kfz 234/1!

Summer version of Stug III as well, or good as is? And yes where is the MG mount?!! (I'm thinking of the Band of Brothers "Carentan" episode)

Mentioned before, but would still like to see open/closable options on vehicle hatches! Would want to be buckled up nice and safe if going into battle!

Some stugs did not have MG shields fitted so, maybe this is a copy of one without. There are quite a few pics of stugs without knocking around.

As for opening and closing hatches I am not really a fan although inovative I think they have a tendancy to break and I would always prefer an AFV not to have them. I suppose its personal hoice but, its something I would prefer not to have been imported from the model world
Mitch

Regarding the problem of the missing machinegun on the StuG I think K&Cs version depicts a mid to late version. The last versions of those with zimmerit (abandoned in september 1944) had already remote controlled machine guns installed. So there is no need for a shield. Indicating that would be the round knob in front of the loaders hatch wich is clearly present on the model. Nevertheless there should be a machine gun. I have read a lot about and seen some pictures about missing `Nahverteidigungsgeräte´ (for firing close defense grenades) due to supply problems of the german industry in that late stage of war. In this case many StuGs were delivered without it and a simple plate was boltet over the corresponding opening. But I never heard something similar about the remote controlled machine guns. But it could be possible.

Normaly it should look like this late_StuGIII.jpg

I think we have to see better pictures of K&Cs representition to be sure.

Best wihes!

Thanks (and thanks John).

I think it's a testament to how far K&C's sculpting has come that K&C's figures look good next to Aeroart's. I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see K&C take a stab at the Renaissance.

You're welcome Mark. The English archer is Aeroart # 6166. I've found that K & C's Crusaders fit in particularly well in every way with Aeroart figures, especially since they are scaled the same.

A simplified chronology of MGs on the StuG:

Ausf.A - D (Jan '40 - May '41): No MGs

Ausf.D - G (May '41 - Feb '43): MG34 stowed in the fighting compartment

Ausf.G (Feb '43 - May '44): MG34 stowed in the fighting compartment. Used with shield on roof

Ausf.G (May '44 - Jul '44): MG34 stowed in the fighting compartment. Shield deleted.

Ausf.G (Jul '44 - Oct '44): Rotating remote control MG partially available.

Ausf.G (Oct '44 - End): Rotating remote control MG always installed.

So, we now fit the K&C Ausf G to when they did not have MG's and everythings good!!!!!
Mitch

Stug III ausf G were also delivered simply without a machine gun . The crew used a hand carried MG 34 which they simply placed on the turret.
Look at the photo below
guy:)
stug3-g.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back