Connoisseur Figures (1 Viewer)

Three of my favorites: Bessieres and two Le Cimier figures Lannes and Poniatowski:

TrickorTreat2009043.jpg

Combat ,
Thanks for sharing some of your collection ....fantastic ;) All the Best gebhard

I have that Chamberlain figure as well. Glad to see mine isn't the only one with that wicked bend on his sword scabbard.

Combat,
Thanks for posting the photos, you have some beautiful figures. I especially like your Duke of Brunswick, he's superb!

JW

I could not agree more! We need a separate category. "A home of their own - pretty please?"

JW

Three of my favorites: Bessieres and two Le Cimier figures Lannes and Poniatowski:

TrickorTreat2009043.jpg

Hi Combat,

Nice collection! Actually the one on the right is not Poniatowski but Krasinski. I have both of them commissioned by Le Cimier to Metal Modèles (Bruno Leibovitz). Please see pic below: Poniatowski in on the left, Krasinski (the one you have is on the right). You can see all Napoleon's staff and Marshall made my Metal Modeles on my TreeFrog album.

Attachments

• CIMG0584.jpg
    CIMG0584.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 418
A few Napoleonics. These are figures that I bought in Moscow, Paris, and Rome. Again sorry for the quality of the photos which do not do them justice.
First a group shot:

TrickorTreat2009041.jpg

Marshals Soult, Victor and (I think) Massena:
Great looking set of figures. If you want the most colorful uniforms, you certainly go with the Generals.;) Who is the lass in this collection: Josaphine, Maria Louisa or if you got her in Russian, Countess Walewski? Could we see a better shot of her?

Great looking set of figures. If you want the most colorful uniforms, you certainly go with the Generals.;) Who is the lass in this collection: Josaphine, Maria Louisa or if you got her in Russian, Countess Walewski? Could we see a better shot of her?

Josephine. See post #108 in this thread. That's the Aeroart photo - but my figure is identical so it will spare you my own blurry shot. ;)

DOUG....That is one collection of great figures.
Thanks for showing, you must be proud of that
collection. Have a good day DOUG.

Josephine. See post #108 in this thread. That's the Aeroart photo - but my figure is identical so it will spare you my own blurry shot. ;)
Ah yes thank you. That is a fine figure as well. They (or someone good) should do a set of Napoleon's women; most were quite striking and there are almost enough for a company.;):D

Very striking Le Cimier (90mm) Spartan - not one I own unfortunately:

Attachments

• 95-045.jpg
    95-045.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 256
Very striking Le Cimier (90mm) Spartan - not one I own unfortunately:

I have seen this one before but I thought it was a do it yourself kit. I paint from time to time but no where near as good as this.

90-043.jpg

I like this one as well!

That's a Great version of the 90mm. kit by Pegaso , I had not seen that version before . I like the Teutonic Knight version painted by Julio Cabos and used for the cover of Figure International # 30 . Great Figure . Where do you guys find these Great photo's ? are they scans from Magazines ? Thanks Gebhard

They are kits. These are box art pictures. Not really Connoisseur figures in my opinion.

What would you consider a connoisseur figure ? Maybe I don't understand the term and its use for this thread . Would it be something that is produced in a small run ? I have many Aeroart and other Russian firms figures as well as kits painted by Master painters . Thanks for the information Gebhard

I would say any figures sculpted and painted by one of the major Russian Studios, such as the figures imported by Aeroart. I have several kits that have been assembled and painted by Russian painters. I would consider them connoisseur figures as well. My issue with some of the pictures being posted in this section is that they are the box art pictures for the kit, and not actual commissioned figures. If someone has had one of these kits painted by one of the Russian studios or another master painter that would be the picture I would expect to see in this section. I do appreciate the work done by the artists who have painted the box art figures, but they are figures that are not for sale or in any ones collection.

I would say any figures sculpted and painted by one of the major Russian Studios, such as the figures imported by Aeroart. I have several kits that have been assembled and painted by Russian painters. I would consider them connoisseur figures as well. My issue with some of the pictures being posted in this section is that they are the box art pictures for the kit, and not actual commissioned figures. If someone has had one of these kits painted by one of the Russian studios or another master painter that would be the picture I would expect to see in this section. I do appreciate the work done by the artists who have painted the box art figures, but they are figures that are not for sale or in any ones collection.

Thanks for the response . I think you make a good point about the box art pictures , although they are commissioned figures, its just that the company that produced the kit commissioned the painter to paint their kit so they could use that image to sell the unpainted kit . And they certainly are not in my collection :( or available us :( . I just think this thread is for collectors who love to look at images of fine art , what we all wish we could do ourselves or buy for our collections. Its seems to be a catch all thread . I do like seeing some of the guys Photo's of their collections some really beautiful Figures. Thanks again Gebhard

Thanks for the response . I think you make a good point about the box art pictures , although they are commissioned figures, its just that the company that produced the kit commissioned the painter to paint their kit so they could use that image to sell the unpainted kit . And they certainly are not in my collection :( or available us :( . I just think this thread is for collectors who love to look at images of fine art , what we all wish we could do ourselves or buy for our collections. Its seems to be a catch all thread . I do like seeing some of the guys Photo's of their collections some really beautiful Figures. Thanks again Gebhard
I agree. I appreciate the distinction and it would be nice if the folks posting noted which was which but I enjoy seeing all of them. I don't think this thread has any rules or needs them. We have more than enough rules here already.;)

Nice collection Doug, love the Civil War and of course the Marshalls are all very picturesque as well!

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back